InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(09-10-2014, 10:00 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Like I said earlier though, their tools do not have installers, so the only way to actually remove them is to manually go into the windows driver store and registry....

Sorry I didn't understand that i'm not very good With software terms, especially not in English. Anyway, do i have to og into Windows driver store and registry and delete drivers from there? Where can is the Windows driver store and registry? I'm running Windows 8.1

Sponsored links

(09-10-2014, 10:04 PM)roli Wrote: Sorry I didn't understand that i'm not very good With software terms, especially not in English. Anyway, do i have to og into Windows driver store and registry and delete drivers from there? Where can is the Windows driver store and registry?

Its not for the weary, you're getting into windows files and can easily make a mess of your system, this is why developers that don't use installers but write to these locations really get on my nerves. I know its a pain in the ass, but is a fresh format out of the question?
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
(09-10-2014, 10:06 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Its not for the weary, you're getting into windows files and can easily make a mess of your system, this is why developers that don't use installers but write to these locations really get on my nerves. I know its a pain in the ass, but is a fresh format out of the question?

Are you talking about a clean installation of Windows? IF that's the case i would have to do it when i have a little bit more time at my hands, so it would probably be a while. I really don't understand how this has happend. If i remember correctly, when i first installed inhextrs tool, usb worked fine, but it was when i started installing and uninstalling Scarlet crushes drivers and programs that it got messed up. I'll have to wait and see. It's not a problem that's gonna stop me from using my ds4 but it's extremlu annoying. The reason i installed Scarlet crushes tool in the first Place was so that i could use my ds3s and my ds4, but Things got a bit messed up some Place along the road. Well, well i'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the help anyways Smile
(09-10-2014, 10:11 PM)roli Wrote: Are you talking about a clean installation of Windows? IF that's the case i would have to do it when i have a little bit more time at my hands, so it would probably be a while. I really don't understand how this has happend. If i remember correctly, when i first installed inhextrs tool, usb worked fine, but it was when i started installing and uninstalling Scarlet crushes drivers and programs that it got messed up. I'll have to wait and see. It's not a problem that's gonna stop me from using my ds4 but it's extremlu annoying. The reason i installed Scarlet crushes tool in the first Place was so that i could use my ds3s and my ds4, but Things got a bit messed up some Place along the road. Well, well i'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the help anyways Smile

The case you described is textbook what I am talking about, there is some overlap in these tools, usually in the area of the SCP virtual bus driver, but each tool has some tweaks to these that will not necessarily work with other tools which is fine, but all these tools that install drivers to the system and then do not properly remove them when the user want the program gone is a big problem. When a driver is installed to the PC it does many things from creating a GUID binding in the registry to creating driver store definitions. Simply deleting the driver after this is done does not roll back those changes and thus leaves a real mess for the next tool to come along. Because of this the first tool usually works but things go downhill after that. Sometimes you can try using a driver removal utility, though I do not have any recommendations for which to use as I don't personally use them.

(09-10-2014, 09:59 PM)roli Wrote: Yes i've used electrobrains tool and inhextrs tool. First i used the scp drivers from inhextr. Then i deleted them and tried the scpdrivers from Scarlet crush while using Your tool, then i deleted them. Then i deleted Your tool and ran the installer again without any other scpdrivers installed, but when i started Your tool again after all the scpdrivers were deleted, Your tool didn't recognize my Controller at all.

Did you run the virtual buss driver on those others and select the uninstall option before you deleted them? You may try running those again and this time uninstall them from within the driver and this may clean them up.
Any chance for adding a rapidfire/turbo option to the buttons?
(09-11-2014, 05:26 AM)Crimor Wrote: Any chance for adding a rapidfire/turbo option to the buttons?

You will be able to do this with macros in 1.5

(09-10-2014, 11:46 PM)Wirenut48 Wrote: Did you run the virtual buss driver on those others and select the uninstall option before you deleted them? You may try running those again and this time uninstall them from within the driver and this may clean them up.
I've pressed the uninstall button from within the scpdriver every time i tried uninstalling them, but didn't work.
nevermind this
@jhebbel YES!!!!!! I finally got it to work!!!! Now it Works With usb without having to Connect to Bluetooth first! But about Your tool. It says on page 1 that the Virtual bus/driver whatever it is, is bundeled With the installer. However, When i run the installer and open Your program (1.4.x or 1.5RC), the Controller won't get recognized With Bluetooth or wired, unless i run the scpdriver from inhextr....

I'm also wondering a few Things about ds3 support. In another post in this thread, you said that you were gonna get two ds3's to try to implement support.

(09-05-2014, 02:39 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Another way is, I am adding 2 new DS3's to this months budget, this will allow me to add support for them (I hope), in the future perhaps other controllers will be considered as well.

But when I asked about ds3 support earlier you said that you didn't have any, so did Your planes change or are you still gonna get 2 ds3's?
Sorry for bringing this up, but i just really want a tool that's really good that can support both my ds3's and my ds4. Keep up the great work Smile