InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(01-29-2015, 04:02 AM)icewindzg Wrote: It most often happens when I reboot my laptop when I have an unsecured (web portal login) hotel connection. The hotels will sometimes reset and I need to re-enter the login on a web portal. This is a redirect to a webpage and it breaks my saved login info on DS4

Yep so it's probably that. What I would see as a solution is a "remember me" check box that would ask you if you'd want to save your credentials locally. That way you'd just have to click connect with the login info pre-filled.
[Image: 76561198008616290.png]

Sponsored links

(01-29-2015, 04:11 AM)Jack_Carver Wrote: Yep so it's probably that. What I would see as a solution is a "remember me" check box that would ask you if you'd want to save your credentials locally. That way you'd just have to click connect with the login info pre-filled.

Having locally stored data would be ideal. Remembering usernames and passwords is not my strongsuit, so even having it pre-filled would be much easier.
(01-28-2015, 08:07 AM)doctor_j Wrote: Apps been working great for a while. Today though, randomly the comp says usb device not recognized. The bluetooth still works fine but can't plug my ds4 in via usb in my windows 7 laptop or my windows 8 desktop. Same error on both. Did I change something?
Are you using a different usb cable? Some cables are charge only, and don't have 2-way data capabilities.
W7 64bit
(01-29-2015, 05:25 AM)Wirenut48 Wrote: Are you using a different usb cable? Some cables are charge only, and don't have 2-way data capabilities.

No different usb cable. I uninstalled all my usb connections in device manager, restarted the comp and plugged it in again and let the drivers reinstall. This worked for about an hour with a new profile.

After that, the ds4 reset and it went back to the old profile and worked fine. It was just really weird. Not sure what happened but it's back to working as it previously was.
(01-29-2015, 04:11 AM)Jack_Carver Wrote: Yep so it's probably that. What I would see as a solution is a "remember me" check box that would ask you if you'd want to save your credentials locally. That way you'd just have to click connect with the login info pre-filled.

(01-29-2015, 04:17 AM)icewindzg Wrote: Having locally stored data would be ideal. Remembering usernames and passwords is not my strongsuit, so even having it pre-filled would be much easier.

Credentials are already stored locally, the issue is due to the strong nature of the local hash and the re hashing, when it fails to login either because of no connection or bad log in info, the server and local hashes fall out of sync and a manual login is required again.

It may be a little overkill for a simple app like this as it is the same security we use on our enterprise level applications, but its always better safe than sorry. In the future I would like to include some sort of "offline" mode to allow premium users to keep their features even when offline, but this is going to require some planning to make sure I do it right to avoid the chance of exploits.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
Exclamation 
FYI: After some thought over the last couple days and weighing the pro's and con's, I will be creating a forum on our (DSDCS) server to be the new primary center for help and support.

Factors that came into play when making this decision are
* Far more people have a DSDCS account than a PCSX2 account, either through the act of donating or just because

* Asking people to create an account on a 3rd party site in order to receive dev or community support is a bit much

* Allows for the creation of multiple threads and boards to better orginize topics and discussions rather than cramming everything into one thread

* Allows for tighter integration into the software and our website

* Since I will also be closing the DISQUS help aswell this funnels users into a more centralized support system.

* Ability for me to appoint mods and support guys, people that have demonstrated a pretty good understanding of the ins and outs of the app will stand out more in the community

- The primary con I can think of right now is server load, but with donations being what they are I think bumping the server to the next tier is a more than acceptable use of the excess.

There is some back end work that has to be done first for me to ensure that everything is properly set up prior to funneling people in, The majority of people here already have a DSDCS account so there will be no addition info needed and you will simply be able to follow the link once its ready, the remainder of anybody who do not have a DSDCS account if you want to get a jump on things visit http://dsdcs.com/index.php/component/com.../registers to sign up.

I will also be spending some time to partition the DSDCS corporate side of the site and the DS4W side to make it a little better suited for its needs.

Still tweaking and setting things up, but http://dsdcs.com/forum is open for business. Use your normal DSDCS login info. Please direct any future support issues there.

Make sure to put that info in the OP too.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-30-2015, 03:57 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Make sure to put that info in the OP too.

Will do

Gonna miss ya here. Tongue2

Perhaps you'd like this thread closed after you leave a final message? (that way that message to the new site is always the last message and doesn't get buried) If so, let me know.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD