New PCSX2 0.9.7 beta (r3878)!
madallyn:
Yes, you need to own a PS2 to legally use PCSX2.

ichimitch:
The EE does support 64bit ops but that doesn't mean anything to us in emulation.
A 64bits version of PCSX2 existed once but it was barely functional.

The speed issue you see is specific to this game btw. Use slight VU cycle steal to fix it.

Sponsored links

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Cores = 4 physical [2 logical]
o_O
<<< [AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.6 GHz][ASUS GTX275][HDD 5TB][8Gb RAM] WinXP (x86) & Win7 (x64) >>>
(10-17-2010, 06:05 PM)madallyn Wrote: oo so if i don't have a ps2 i cant use pcsx2?
you legaly cant
you have dumb it from a ps2
no body will give you a one because it a ilegal
so dont ask in the first place

lol
x86Family = AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T Processor
Cores = 36 physical [6 logical]
<<< [AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.6 GHz][ASUS GTX275][HDD 5TB][8Gb RAM] WinXP (x86) & Win7 (x64) >>>
"Yes, you need to own a PS2 to legally use PCSX2"

Loophole: I have a backwards compatible PS3 Tongue
System Specs: Phenom II X6 2.8ghz 6 core, 4gb 2133mhz Ram, Radeon HD 5850, Sound Blaster X-FI, Windows 7 X64
(10-21-2010, 03:54 PM)ichimitch Wrote: "Yes, you need to own a PS2 to legally use PCSX2"

Loophole: I have a backwards compatible PS3 Tongue

Sorry but still the BIOS files you now use are not your own since they didn't came from your own Playstation 2 console, thus still illegal.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yes I did use the VU speed hack and it worked well.
The game is now fully playable with much better resolution than I'd get playing it on my PS3 Laugh
Sorry but still the BIOS files you now use are not your own since they didn't came from your own Playstation 2 console, thus still illegal.

AH Wacko Well that's quite gay..
Does it matter that my PS3 was the original that has the PS2 EE chip? Would it not have the bios?
System Specs: Phenom II X6 2.8ghz 6 core, 4gb 2133mhz Ram, Radeon HD 5850, Sound Blaster X-FI, Windows 7 X64
(10-21-2010, 03:57 PM)ichimitch Wrote: Yes I did use the VU speed hack and it worked well.
The game is now fully playable with much better resolution than I'd get playing it on my PS3 Laugh

AH Wacko Well that's quite gay..
Does it matter that my PS3 was the original that has the PS2 EE chip? Would it not have the bios?

If you dumped the PS2 BIOS from your PS3 using Swap Magic + uLE then I don't see how this could be regarded as illegal. Same way that dumping the PS1 BIOS from PoPS Loader on a modded PSP is generally regarded as a legit way to get it.

But just because you have a device which contains the BIOS doesn't mean you can download a copy instead of dumping your own.
Specs in Profile
(10-21-2010, 07:14 PM)YukiS Wrote: Same way that dumping the PS1 BIOS from PoPS Loader on a modded PSP is generally regarded as a legit way to get it.

could you point me on how to do that? (consider it a curiosity)
Quote:But just because you have a device which contains the BIOS doesn't mean you can download a copy instead of dumping your own.

Hypothetically: Say one did download USA PS2 bios files rather than dump them from their owned USA console, not that I would condone such a thing. Is there anyway to differentiate between the downloaded bios and the one in the console to know that it was downloaded?