New PCSX2 0.9.7 beta (r3878)!
i wonder what are the current to-do things developers are focused on right now.
i am looking at commits but dont understand much. What are the general priorities?
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64

Sponsored links

(10-31-2010, 05:06 PM)orchlon Wrote: one of the speedhacks (i'm not sure which one but i'm sure it's one of the mVU hacks broke god of war 2. When you fight a guy who holds the horsekeeper's key the time he climbs up to a place and starts shooting stuff at you with his spear before he does that he just walks around after he has climbed making the game unable to progress

Yes that's why speed hacks have a gazillion warnings that they break games. Because they do. That is most certainly not a bug (even if they didn't break the game in previous betas)

Quote:i wonder what are the current to-do things developers are focused on right now.
i am looking at commits but dont understand much. What are the general priorities?

Mostly the newDMAC would be the biggest breakthrough if some nasty and very hard to find bugs are fixed. Then many other things will follow, based on that.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Bositman is it for better compatibility or performance or both?
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
Both, but since emulation will be more accurate, it may reveal underlying bugs in other PCSX2 areas (which were working properly due to DMAC hacks) thus lowering the compatibility until those are fixed. In general it should be a good step forward
(10-31-2010, 02:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: I just finished it so it had no time to get in the 0.9.7 beta. We could add a link to it but I can't see a reason it should be bundled with the program in a pdf form (not to mention it would need quite a bit of work to convert that html and bbcode in word Tongue )
I was just pointing out the 4 different file formats at the docs dir (GPL is in HTML). IMO HTML files for everything (sans man) would probably be best. Also, the FAQ and Readme could probably be consolidated.
(10-07-2010, 09:54 AM)orchlon Wrote:
(10-07-2010, 01:39 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: you cant use old savestates with new versions of the emulator, in those 800++ savestates where broken a few times Tongue

that means all my savefiles are gone now i never used the memory card in my life

Not necessarily, you just load the savestate from the last revision and save to a memory card.

Memory cards can be ported, just make sure that both programs share the same documents folder.
U guys are really awesome, i would like to find out is there anything that can be done to the forest stages in Valkyrie Profile II (Silmeria), the graphics there seem garbled its really not clear, is there any fix or hack for that apart from the hack that exist for Tri-Ace, Pleaaaaaase i really love this game.

Dell XPS Core 2 Duo T7200 @ 2.0GHz
4GB DDR2-667 RAM
Geforce 7900GS
250GB HDD
Use software mode, it will be super slow but you can use hardware mode again after that section is over. Also please do not use this thread for support questions, that's why the rest of the forum exists
Freedom fighters working on this version i got into the game and most of the movies are showing so far. Also multiplayer is working in this game as well., Gonna test and see if black is working when i get it but so far almost all the games i played are working with this beta its awesome.
AMD Athlon 64 X2
1 GB Geforce 9800
2 GB DDR2 Ram
OS Windows Xp Sp3

Thanks for the update will do that and check the other threads.

Dell XPS Core 2 Duo T7200 @ 2.0GHz
4GB DDR2-667 RAM
Geforce 7900GS
250GB HDD