Poll: Is EE overclocking a useful feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.49%
43 91.49%
No
8.51%
4 8.51%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Overclocking the EE (discussion) (testers wanted)
So many terms floating around, it sure would be nice to finalize them in some list and stick to that Smile

Sponsored links

Gifts Title screen does not like even 33% overclock.

The Level select area works without any glitches, but it doesn't gain anything from the overclock.

except your run ever-so slightly faster @50% overclock (I was even able to run this at full speed). It produces exactly the same frame-rate as before.

(01-31-2015, 08:57 PM)Fezzer Wrote: I was thinking maybe the description text should be changed from "in-game" fps to "internal" fps when the EE slide is increased?

I think 'in-game' might catch out more people if they're unfamiliar with emulation.

Could be. Anyway, I think we are going to wind up doing it a completely different way than I did. Instead of using the scalar variables, setting it more directly. Gregory also suggested making it a continuous slider so you can choose any setting at all(that way you could choose the max position your hardware can keep at full speed).

The main issue now is how to get that happening in the UI, and how to hide/expose it.

(01-31-2015, 09:01 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: Gifts Title screen does not like even 33% overclock.

*video*

The Level select area works without any glitches, but it doesn't gain anything from the overclock.

except your run ever-so slightly faster @50% overclock (I was even able to run this at full speed). It produces exactly the same frame-rate as before.

*video*

Thanks for the info, +1.

Yeah, it goes without saying that some games are gonna break/have timing issues. Another reason it should be hidden by default.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-31-2015, 09:02 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Thanks for the info, +1.

Yeah, it goes without saying that some games are gonna break/have timing issues. Another reason it should be hidden by default.

Just based on that comment, I tried enabling the EE timing fix hack and it fixed the glitches that Gift's title screen had at even 50% overclock.
Okay, that looks like old path 3 masking and GIF timing. If a game does this kind of look, then it's not worth reporting it right now.
Once everything is finalized, we can look at what that whole extra layer of timing might require.
(01-31-2015, 09:10 PM)rama Wrote: Okay, that looks like old path 3 masking and GIF timing. If a game does this kind of look, then it's not worth reporting it right now.
Once everything is finalized, we can look at what that whole extra layer of timing might require.

If we do run into such a glitch, is it worth seeing if the EE timing fix fixes it like it does for Gift's title screen?
I guess according to the poll this is a popular feature!

[Image: nIP3H2t.png]

(01-31-2015, 09:14 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: If we do run into such a glitch, is it worth seeing if the EE timing fix fixes it like it does for Gift's title screen?

It wouldn't hurt, but also keep in mind as I said that the way this will ultimately be done is different than the way I did it. So glitches that happen now, may not happen then.

Most important is completely broken stuff and actual improvements.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
If its hidden in in the gui., then I say add it
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Btw Blyss 15 votes with 700 People browsing this forum atm is really not popular at all Tongue
Either I'm doing something wrong or I can't see the difference(if there is actually a difference)
Tales of the Abyss
God of War 2
Legend of Legaia 2
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix

The only thing I see when I set the slider to 5 is that the max speed goes down