PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(03-25-2013, 06:52 PM)devina40 Wrote: If you give me the PAL .elf file, I'll see what I can do.
(To get the .elf file, open the .iso in Windows Explorer and give me the "SLES" thing, then add it as an attachment to the forum, probably in a .rar file).

The European version still needs the portrait, FMV and font fixes.

Well, I've just dumped it from the DVD since I don't really have an actual ISO, but amateur guessing here that this really doesn't change anything. (Unless I wasn't the one you were talking to, haha)

Attached Files
.zip   SLES_553.zip (Size: 1,79 MB / Downloads: 216)

Sponsored links

Those FMV values you posted earlier don't look like they match at all to the NTSC-U version... even if you try to use the values posted on Nemesis' site, you can't find them in the PAL .elf file.

For now, test this new code, with ported font hacks and character portraits.
Should look like this (assuming I didn't screw up somewhere):

[Image: 1TebYph.gif]

For reference sake, I also attached a .rar containing both the NTSC-U and PAL .elf files, as well as their corresponding .pnach files.
PAL\Europe:
New working 16:10 Y-axis hack for SC1 (though without a Zoom hack).
FMV hacks for SC1 - might be easy to port to other regions.
Better 16:10 FMV hacks for PZ3.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid240786

@nemesis2000:
Thanks again.
Can't port it, but maybe eventually...

(03-26-2013, 02:32 PM)devina40 Wrote: If it helps, here's the .elf file for Fatal Frame 2 (use ps2dis).

Posting ELF-files for download on a forum like this one is probably unlegal.

(03-26-2013, 02:32 PM)devina40 Wrote: Also, try to get into the habit of simplifying your .pnachs.
You tend use lots of equal signs (// ========== everywhere!), and don't really use spaces.
They look complicated and confusing.

Some of the the pnach-files ARE rather complex & confusing.
You're free to edit, though.
So I'm a new member here, and I hope it's ok if I can request something.

I have been working on making a patch for DanceDanceRevolution X. Problem is, I don't really understand all of this. From what I've done, the value(s) seem to be 3F800000 in the 20200000 to 21FFFFFF range. I believe I even found the proper values (they made the game look really awkward), so maybe the right combination will make the game look good in widescreen. So, could someone help me out here?
It's just 4mb of game data that's extremely accessible, and you can't do anything with it alone. It's not a full game .iso. No one really careeeees.
We don't have much of a choice because .elf files are essential to widescreen development.
Besides, I always delete them right after their purpose is fulfilled. If an admin tells me to stop, I will, but until then. Also, we usually say illegal, not unlegal.

Here's some of my collection of Persona swag, including P3 FES, which I bought at full price.

[Image: 2vw79k2.jpg]

Everyday, millions of people pirate, people are murdered, raped, etc, so god forbid people share 4mb of data to help games look prettier to make the world a better place!
Games are art, which make the world a better place. In that perspective, I'd pick my battles more carefully, and rethink my priorities.

I considered DDR, but I don't think widescreen would work, because there's a lot of 2D and FMVs playing in the background. I don't think it'd be worth it.
(03-27-2013, 12:55 AM)devina40 Wrote: Those FMV values you posted earlier don't look like they match at all to the NTSC-U version... even if you try to use the values posted on Nemesis' site, you can't find them in the PAL .elf file.

For now, test this new code, with ported font hacks and character portraits.
Should look like this (assuming I didn't screw up somewhere):

[Image: 1TebYph.gif]

For reference sake, I also attached a .rar containing both the NTSC-U and PAL .elf files, as well as their corresponding .pnach files.

Well, it's weird then that the values managed to affect the FMV somehow then, but I guess that could have had other reasons too.

Testing the new code on PCSX2 shows that widescreen works fine, however the game doesn't draw the portraits anymore, as you can see here in a very weird attempt to sneak in my personal Persona swag showcase too:

[Image: W2UhL28.jpg]

However, I wouldn't have accounted that to be a problem since honestly I thought that'd work well with the people that do like the widescreen patches running on the actual PS2 too, which, due to the low resolution, makes the portraits look really jaggy. To my surprise though, this is how the patch looks like running on an actual PS2:

[Image: CbhS2hQ.jpg]

So here's that adding to my confusion, but let me say thanks for the help so far and I guess I'll try looking into the .elfs myself, seeing if I can possibly work something out here.
That.... certainly is odd. Nice collection of swag too. Smile

I have no idea why it'd work on a real PS2, but not PCSX2.
Maybe there's something wrong with your PCSX2 config causing portraits to not show up? Not a single portrait, huh?
I'd check if I could, but I don't have a legit copy of the PAL version.
I also double checked the portrait codes, and I'm positive they're the same as the NTSC-U version. At least the very least, the font fix ported over nicely.

I'll see if I can find the right FMV values next, although the values probably won't copy over nicely. (I had to adjust them for Silent Hill 2 and Siren.)
Also, it looks like the game is zoomed in too much in your HDTV, as evidenced by the Dark Hour being cut off, so I recommend you check the scaling/zoom function in its settings.
Attempted to port Persona 4 NTSC-U font hack to PAL, and I got the addresses right, but one value is totally off because it's different for each region.

With the value switched off, this is as close as I could get, but it's causing a text bleeding effect.
If you turn the value on (using the NTSC-U one), it screws everything up. I'm not sure how to go about finding the right value, so here's my progress.

[attachment=43456]

[attachment=43457]
(03-27-2013, 08:40 PM)devina40 Wrote: Attempted to port Persona 4 NTSC-U font hack to PAL, and I got the addresses right, but one value is totally off because it's different for each region.

With the value switched off, this is as close as I could get, but it's causing a text bleeding effect.
If you turn the value on (using the NTSC-U one), it screws everything up. I'm not sure how to go about finding the right value, so here's my progress.

I see a lot of mentioning of font hacks recently, Are these included in the wdiescreen.rar that the first post links? Or are these things i'll have to hunt for?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Yes, they're all included in the archive, in the .pnach files themselves.
Same goes for FMV hacks, and anything else that makes games look better in widescreen.
The goal of the archive is that with the newest version, you can just drop the "cheats_ws" folder into PCSX2 and always be up to date.
That's why it's important for people to alert me if they've updated a patch.