PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Successfully ported Futurama and Digimon World 4 NTSC-U, games look beautiful.

Alright, Sonic Unleashed PAL is working now.
I tried to port it to NTSC-U, but nothing happened, even though the addresses were the same. Argh.
Can someone please help?

Sponsored links

(12-29-2013, 03:27 AM)ElHecht Wrote: I guess i found the end of the calculation.
nope, original value of $f13 not equal 3FF8E38F
Here's another one:

Way Of The Samurai 2 (PAL)

[Image: 25k1r87.jpg]
[Image: ff018x.jpg]

It needs a render fix but it's not bad at all to be used as is actually.

.pnach   7B79C53C.PNACH (Size: 167 bytes / Downloads: 460)
Playing DMC2 and I notice near the start there is some blackness on the side of the screen.

Is it possible to extend the render fix to cover this?
I don't know if I said this here yet, and I'm not gonna derail your thread(contrary to my title).

You guys rock. This widescreen patches project has got to be one of the best things to ever happen in the PS2 scene IMO.

Props, keep it up!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
OK Namco X Capcom doesn't seem like it's tough but there are many addresses involved due to the heavy use of 2D elements.
I 'm gonna post here what I found so far so we will archieve all addresses and then compile them to a single patch.
All 2D ellements have a width value that is stored as 3F800000 so we need just to track down all those 2D element addresses here.
Patched 3D, no reason to find that.

3D width - 2048E604
Dialog icon width 1 - 2048FBE4
Dialog Box width - 204952AC

All addresses should be around those.

[Image: 2cfwkrr.jpg]
[Image: otpyfl.jpg]
Hi Virgin KLM,

Could you help to upload the pnach file of Namco X Capcom for testing?

Also, here is a link of English patch for this game: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1270/
Here are some new/updated Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD) widescreen hacks Smile.

Pnaches:
  • Robot Alchemic Drive (NTSC-U) [SLUS-20445]
    .pnach   25C68D58.pnach (Size: 1,14 KB / Downloads: 432)
  • Gigantic Drive (NTSC-J) [SLPM-62209]
    .pnach   C2744CBE.pnach (Size: 1,14 KB / Downloads: 411)
Changelog (compared to ElHecht's previous version):
  • Renamed hacks to be clearer about their purposes (e.g. "hor fov 1" -> "in-game hor fov").
  • Changed placement of menu hacks to come before in-game ones (since they're at earlier addresses).
  • Added 16:10 "ultra" hacks (same hor fov as 16:9 - with extra ver fov).
  • Horizontally repositioned Meganite 3D models in menus so they don't look off-centered compared to their 2D surroundings.
  • Ported widescreen hacks and updates to Gigantic Drive (original Japanese version of RAD).
Screenshot descriptions:
  1. 4:3
  2. 16:10 (menu-only; just wanted to demonstrate where the 3D Meganite models were positioned in the previous widescreen hacks for comparison)
  3. 16:10 (normal)
  4. 16:9
  5. 16:10 (ultra)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-30-2013, 06:23 AM)whitoxx Wrote: Hi Virgin KLM,

Could you help to upload the pnach file of Namco X Capcom for testing?

Also, here is a link of English patch for this game: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1270/

Not just yet (though the addresses are above, you can do it yourself) plus the translation patch messes up the CRC, I'm not going to apply it until atleast I finish that patch.

Also another request out from the list:

(08-17-2013, 08:54 PM)thaiboi1 Wrote: I'd like to request a widescreen hack for Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero (NTSC-U), if that is possible? Much thanks Biggrin

Tokyo Xtreme Racer - Zero (NTSC-U)
(contails HUD fix too)

[Image: 2sajwjt.jpg]
[Image: 2r6i6xi.jpg]

.pnach   C1760287.pnach (Size: 1,38 KB / Downloads: 477)
(12-30-2013, 02:02 AM)Some Chump Wrote: Playing DMC2 and I notice near the start there is some blackness on the side of the screen.

Is it possible to extend the render fix to cover this?
nope, further extending of rfix value causes glitches