PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
For now, I just made a note:

"The NTSC-U & NTSC-J versions of Devil May Cry 2, NTSC-U and PAL versions of Summoner 2, and NTSC-U and PAL versions of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 have the same CRC. The file in the cheats_ws folder is for NTSC-U."

So yeah, the problem is only for 3 games.
It's only really problematic if you want to play the Japanese version of DMC2, and PAL versions of Summoner 2 or Need for Speed 2: Hot Pursuit...

Harry Potter, the Medal of Honor series, and RTX: Red Rock share the same CRC, as well as the same code, meaning the patches should work just fine for both regions and no problems should arise.

Sponsored links

Although it's not really widescreen related, can Nemesis or anyone find a way to disable the noise effect in Indigo Prophecy?
Or even a black bar fix?
It's really unnecessary and pointless.

[attachment=48572]
(01-28-2014, 08:31 AM)devina40 Wrote: Although it's not really widescreen related, can Nemesis or anyone find a way to disable the noise effect in Indigo Prophecy?
Or even a black bar fix?
It's really unnecessary and pointless.

If that helps, I'm pretty positive both get stored in a float value from 0,250 to 1,800 I was experimenting long time ago with it. Great game and indeed the noise destroys it but I remember that the noise address affected also the color filters which give a special look to the game (looks weird without it).

It first came in my mind after the Beyond Two Souls (PS3) removal of black bars fix. Developers though really built the game with those bars in mind and you could really see it in-game (for example they hide extreme nudity). Anyway that game was really pwned in terms of hacking (black bar removal, debug-menu, pre-production menu/levels/tools etc).
(01-28-2014, 07:25 AM)devina40 Wrote: For now, I just made a note:

"The NTSC-U & NTSC-J versions of Devil May Cry 2, NTSC-U and PAL versions of Summoner 2, and NTSC-U and PAL versions of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 have the same CRC. The file in the cheats_ws folder is for NTSC-U."

So yeah, the problem is only for 3 games.
It's only really problematic if you want to play the Japanese version of DMC2, and PAL versions of Summoner 2 or Need for Speed 2: Hot Pursuit...

Harry Potter, the Medal of Honor series, and RTX: Red Rock share the same CRC, as well as the same code, meaning the patches should work just fine for both regions and no problems should arise.

Cool thanks for that! So have these all been tested on both regions to be sure they still work correctly? If not, i would like them to be tested before we add them to the bundled archive.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-28-2014, 08:51 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: If that helps, I'm pretty positive both get stored in a float value from 0,250 to 1,800 I was experimenting long time ago with it. Great game and indeed the noise destroys it but I remember that the noise address affected also the color filters which give a special look to the game (looks weird without it).

It first came in my mind after the Beyond Two Souls (PS3) removal of black bars fix. Developers though really built the game with those bars in mind and you could really see it in-game (for example they hide extreme nudity). Anyway that game was really pwned in terms of hacking (black bar removal, debug-menu, pre-production menu/levels/tools etc).

That's a huge range, but okay. Closedeyes

(01-29-2014, 01:14 AM)refraction Wrote: Cool thanks for that! So have these all been tested on both regions to be sure they still work correctly? If not, i would like them to be tested before we add them to the bundled archive.

I'm pretty sure I tested Harry Potter and RTX: Red Rock so I'm sure they work.
As for MoH, I have no idea, but if Nemesis has the same CRC and codes for both, I'm sure they work too.
I just recently started emulating Forbidden Siren 2, and I'm using a widescreen patch.
In game, it works fine, but all the pre-rendered movies are stretched.

I remember that when I used a widescreen patch for Persona 3 FES, there was a separate set of dwords which altered the aspect ratio for the FMVs, so you could choose whether you preferred to have them stretched to 16:9 or rendered in 4:3.

Unfortunately, the patch for Siren doesn't have this.
Would there be any way of forcing the game to render the FMVs at 4:3, or is that dependant on the way the game was originally coded or something?
(01-29-2014, 01:00 PM)Crane Wrote: I just recently started emulating Forbidden Siren 2, and I'm using a widescreen patch.
In game, it works fine, but all the pre-rendered movies are stretched.

I remember that when I used a widescreen patch for Persona 3 FES, there was a separate set of dwords which altered the aspect ratio for the FMVs, so you could choose whether you preferred to have them stretched to 16:9 or rendered in 4:3.

Unfortunately, the patch for Siren doesn't have this.
Would there be any way of forcing the game to render the FMVs at 4:3, or is that dependant on the way the game was originally coded or something?

The game lacks an FMV fix. I tried to use code from Siren 1 as reference, but no luck.

Until then, you can press F6 to toggle back to 4:3 when an FMV plays.
Ah! Well, that'll do well enough. Thanks.

Is there a hotkey list anywhere? I looked in the docs, but didn't find one...
Readme page 5.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-29-2014, 10:00 PM)Bositman Wrote: Readme page 5.

Well that's embarrassing. Blush
I don't know how I missed that.