PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(05-18-2014, 09:38 PM)Z_Boy Wrote: Very interested by the Wipeout Fusion patch, I'm looking forward for the PAL version port! Does the enhancements of this patch affect the 2-players mode too?

Yes, this is how the chase cam (the farthest of 4 camera views) looks without patch:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=50658]

With patch:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=50659]

If the aspect ratio in these screenshots seems different to you, that's correct. The in-game widescreen mode is so broken, it doesn't affect the splitscreen mode at all (and neither any 3D menu objects)...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Not bad! And what about the horizontal splitscreen? Smile
PS2 V9 Aquablue
- SCART RGB cable (with CSYNC) from retrogamingcables.co.uk
- Monster Cable Component (with audio)
- 2x wireless gamepads (Logitech)
- ARMAX with USB Key used for homebrew and saves transfert
- FreeMCBoot -> GSM, OPL, PS2rdMod (WS patching for retail games)
(05-19-2014, 10:30 AM)Z_Boy Wrote: Not bad! And what about the horizontal splitscreen? Smile

Without patch, 16:9 option enabled (again, horizontally stretched)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=50689]

With patch (hor+, chase cam fix)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=50690]

In my opinion horizontal splitscreen is a bit awkward when using 16:9 (for 4:3 it's a different matter). An aspect ratio of 16:4,5 is just too unbalanced and doesn't use the screen space well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-17-2014, 03:41 AM)devina40 Wrote: I think someone was just trolling with the filename.

oh. hahaha ok.
ugh... does anyone have the widescreen patch for Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked SLUS_213.43 ? I've tried following the the tutorial here:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-Cre...n-10-steps
but I can't find the 'search and edit boxes' mentioned in the tutorial... my head hurts Mellow
Intel Core i5 2500k 3.4 > 4.5 GHz 1.26v Biggrin
Thermaltake SpinQ VT
Nvidia GTX 560 (OC 950/1200), 1GB GDDR5, (MSI N560GTX).
Biostar TP67XE
8 GB Zepplin RAM, @1600. 11-11-11-30 Glare
FSP Saga II 500W
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
(05-21-2014, 04:30 PM)Apathy compleX Wrote: ugh... does anyone have the widescreen patch for Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked SLUS_213.43 ? I've tried following the the tutorial here:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-Cre...n-10-steps
but I can't find the 'search and edit boxes' mentioned in the tutorial... my head hurts Mellow

I made an attempt, but it's very similar to Michigan: Report from Hell.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=42874

There's blank spaces on the left and right. Wacko
I'll add it to requests tho.
Oh well... Regardless, thank you very much for your helpful response and for adding it to the request list Smile. I'd rather wait than play it in 4:3 (cuz I'm already infected with the wide screen syndrome). Peace.
Intel Core i5 2500k 3.4 > 4.5 GHz 1.26v Biggrin
Thermaltake SpinQ VT
Nvidia GTX 560 (OC 950/1200), 1GB GDDR5, (MSI N560GTX).
Biostar TP67XE
8 GB Zepplin RAM, @1600. 11-11-11-30 Glare
FSP Saga II 500W
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Would be possible to make pathes for these games?

SOCOM II U.S. Navy SEALs
ID = SCUS-97275

Bully (Have a "fake" Widescreen)

ID = SLUS-21269

Resident Evil 4 (Have a "fake" Widescreen)

ID = SLUS-21134

Need for Speed Pro Street NTSC-U

Grand Theft Auto Vice City v3.0 NTSC-U

Thank you Laugh
Hey, guys. I'm trying to create a widescreen patch for Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (NTSC-U). I've managed to follow synce's tutorial and modify the horizontal FoV. However, the render area needs to be expanded. I have tried searching for the value "512" with Cheat Engine, but none of the addresses seem to do the trick.

I'm not entirely sure what I should be searching for to locate the horizontal rendering area. If anyone has tips I would appreciate the help.

(05-23-2014, 05:16 PM)Carlos96ps Wrote: Would be possible to make pathes for these games?

SOCOM II U.S. Navy SEALs
ID = SCUS-97275

Bully (Have a "fake" Widescreen)

ID = SLUS-21269

Resident Evil 4 (Have a "fake" Widescreen)

ID = SLUS-21134

Need for Speed Pro Street NTSC-U

Grand Theft Auto Vice City v3.0 NTSC-U

Thank you Laugh

For Bully, the widescreen is skewed, so I made a basic zoom-out patch, just a little. It's not the exact same as 4:3, so it needs a render fix.

For RE4, set PCSX2 aspect ratio to 4:3, hold control and * on numpad, or set zoom to 133.33.

Successfully ported ProStreet to NTSC-U, although it runs EXTREMELY slow in PCSX2.

I had difficulties with Vice City 3.0, I wish Nemesis could check it out.

(05-24-2014, 12:32 AM)Fluxnor Wrote: Hey, guys. I'm trying to create a widescreen patch for Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (NTSC-U). I've managed to follow synce's tutorial and modify the horizontal FoV. However, the render area needs to be expanded. I have tried searching for the value "512" with Cheat Engine, but none of the addresses seem to do the trick.

I'm not entirely sure what I should be searching for to locate the horizontal rendering area. If anyone has tips I would appreciate the help.

I'll check it out.