PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
if this person is putting their time and effort into maintaining they should be able to manage it in any way they see fit, especially if they take moral issue with something. if you take issue with the way they are doing it maintain your own branch. they really shouldn't have to justify it or be berated for something they are contributing to the community. it shouldn't matter if it's hunting games, sports games or rpg's. they can maintain it how they please.

Sponsored links

if games have ESRB Rating no mater what someone moralist want they must be in archive
(02-22-2018, 02:43 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: if games have ESRB Rating no mater what someone moralist want they must be in archive

you can't force someone to do something they don't want to do. if they wanted to arbitrarily remove games they didn't like that's their prerogative even if you think it's stupid.
(02-21-2018, 08:51 PM)Devina Wrote: I'm going to delete the current fishing/hunting games in my archive now that there's a separate one.

And if I avoided every "mass killing people" game, then there'd be hundreds of games at potential removal. The difference is that hunting and killing animals is legal in many places, while killing people is (assuming you live in a decent place) illegal and a crime.

You talk as if people and animals are the same thing lol
So it's alright to kill people, but not animals? Ok. Typical vegan..

(02-21-2018, 07:23 PM)Devina Wrote: I have the right and don't mind if my archive is considered "unofficial". The patches are a community project, but the archive is my own doing and volunteer work which I am not obligated to do, it's just something nice I do in my spare time. I could've left and stopped when the archive had 1000 or 2000 patches, but I didn't and now there's over 3000. There's no need to make a fuss about like 3 games being excluded from the archive, and I won't cherry pick any further than hunting games.

A lot of the work maintaining this archive has been extremely grueling and exhausting, and I don't like "slaving" for the archive, or being told "I must do this". If you respect me and my work on the archive, then please respect my free will and decision to exclude literally only like 3 games that go against my morals. If you were in my position, imagine if people wanted you to archive a game devoted to "raping and killing women" or "killing babies" or "torturing elderly people". I'm sure you would feel conflicted.

To me, "Deer killing simulator" is like "Cat killing simulator" or "Dog killing simulator". Some games are better left forgotten in the past. I think hunting games are reprehensible because they take it to another level where you go around torturing and killing innocent defenseless animals. They promote hunting and teach people you can abuse animals and that we, as humans, have the right to make them suffer and take their lives. I feel it is important to stand up for my beliefs instead of contribute to such attitudes.

I don't respect anyone who shoves their ideology down my throat nor should anyone else.
We have the right to criticize your stupid decision.
There is a need to make a fuss because what you're doing is unnecessary.
It's time to stop.

I don't care what happens in a video game, nor should you. It's not real. Stop being so oversensitive.

lol you are so deluded that you think hunting is a bad thing. You want to know what happens if you don't hunt? Overpopulation.
Next thing you'll be telling me is that people should release their pets into the wild.

The only thing you're achieving by doing this is proving how ridiculous vegans/animal rights activists are.

Leave your politics out of here, kthx~

(02-22-2018, 02:32 PM)spwnt Wrote: if this person is putting their time and effort into maintaining they should be able to manage it in any way they see fit, especially if they take moral issue with something. if you take issue with the way they are doing it maintain your own branch. they really shouldn't have to justify it or be berated for something they are contributing to the community. it shouldn't matter if it's hunting games, sports games or rpg's. they can maintain it how they please.

And we can criticize it how we please Smile

All needless censorship should be berated.

(02-22-2018, 02:46 PM)spwnt Wrote: you can't force someone to do something they don't want to do. if they wanted to arbitrarily remove games they didn't like that's their prerogative even if you think it's stupid.

Well unfortunately for you criticizing his stupid decision is my prerogative.
Quote:I don't respect anyone who shoves their ideology down my throat nor should anyone else.

no one is forcing anything on to you. you are free to maintain your own branch of the patches. you can develop and list whatever patches you want and so can anyone else.

Quote:Well unfortunately for you criticizing his stupid decision is my prerogative.

just like i can criticize your stupid argument. you cant force someone to maintain something for you in the way that you see fit.

Quote:All needless censorship should be berated.

that isn't censorship.
*pop-corn time* Laugh
Devina's latest patches archive will be added to PCSX2 eventually, as will the few patches that are excluded from that archive. So there's no reason for this to become a flame war.
(02-22-2018, 02:46 PM)spwnt Wrote: you can't force someone to do something they don't want to do. if they wanted to arbitrarily remove games they didn't like that's their prerogative even if you think it's stupid.

if this archive positioned as official and distributed with pcsx2 no mater what games he like or don't like all ws patches must be there
if not delete my patches from this archive
(02-22-2018, 04:52 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: if this archive positioned as official and distributed with pcsx2 no mater what games he like or don't like all ws patches must be there
if not delete my patches from this archive
All the working widescreen patches here will be distributed with pcsx2, even the ones not in Devina's archive. The archive as distributed with pcsx2 is the official one. And as long as Devina is clear which patches are excluded, there won't be an issue.
(02-22-2018, 05:19 PM)FlatOut Wrote: All the working widescreen patches here will be distributed with pcsx2, even the ones not in Devina's archive. The archive as distributed with pcsx2 is the official one. And as long as Devina is clear which patches are excluded, there won't be an issue.

This. If you happen to like hunting/fishing games, you can still get them from FlatOut's archive and the PCSX2 builds, just not from my archive. Problem easily fixed.

I just updated my archive. Enjoy the 3172 patches, everyone.

After being called some horrible names and insults telling me to "go **** myself" and calling me a "stupid SJW feminist" (?) and "dumb veganazi", I have no regrets. Smile I will not be replying to any more comments in this thread discussing the moralities of the issue.

Monster Hunter will be included in the archive because it's a very popular series and you hunt "monsters", not real world animals. I'm not saying I accept the philosophy behind Monster Hunter and games where you fight animal-like monsters, just that the difference is enough for me to give it a pass.

Thank you for those who accepted and supported my decision, and have defended me.