PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Hello all, I've seen it requested in this thread but haven't been able to spot a patch for it yet. I wanted to re-request Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street [SLPM-65797]. 

I've spent the last few hours in CheatEngine searching the 1xxx-4xxx range against all the combinations offered by hyakki's Widescreen Helper Application, as well as trying existing Square Enix configurations, but am yet to find a solution. At one point I found one that scaled in all directions simultaneously, but couldn't lock it to a single dimension.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

I feel like a dumbass but I can't seem to get widescreen to work.

I am using v1.7.0-dev-817-gc998a51f7-windows-x86 with Fatal Frame 1 (US).
Enabling or disabling widescreen patches has no apparent effect and changing the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 169:9 or auto just results in stretching.

From the log:
###################################################################################################
Found Widescreen hacks file: '339A0B8C.pnach'
comment: Fatal Frame (SLUS-20388)
Loaded 14 Widescreen hacks from '339A0B8C.pnach' at 'C:\Games\Emulation\PS2\pcsx2-v1.7.0-dev-817-gc998a51f7-windows-x86\cheats_ws'
Overall 14 Widescreen hacks loaded
Found widescreen patches in the cheats_ws folder --> skipping cheats_ws.zip
[GameDB] Searching for 'slus-20388' in GameDB
[GameDB] Found 'slus-20388' in GameDB
[GameDB] Searching for patch with CRC '339a0b8c'
[GameDB] Found and falling back to default patch
Found widescreen patches in the cheats_ws folder --> skipping cheats_ws.zip
###################################################################################################

Where am I going wrong?
Seems you put your own widescreen patches into the folder which do not work, does the precluded cheats_ws.zip ones not work?
(01-01-2021, 05:24 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: Seems you put your own widescreen patches into the folder which do not work, does the precluded cheats_ws.zip ones not work?

I actually had extracted that zip file into the folder before, and then I added a bit more to the patch file to remove interlacing.
Now I have tried deleting the contents of that folder so that the zip file (with the unmodified patch) is used, but it's still the same.

##########################################################################################
Loading patch '339A0B8C.pnach' from archive 'C:\Games\Emulation\PS2\pcsx2-v1.7.0-dev-817-gc998a51f7-windows-x86\cheats_ws.zip'
comment: Fatal Frame (SLUS-20388)
(Wide Screen Cheats DB) Patches Loaded: 10
[GameDB] Searching for 'slus-20388' in GameDB
[GameDB] Found 'slus-20388' in GameDB
[GameDB] Searching for patch with CRC '339a0b8c'
[GameDB] Found and falling back to default patch
GSdx Lookup CRC:339A0B8C
##########################################################################################
Ready for the new archive update (half a year's worth of updates), but I'm going to wait until the talented PsxFan releases their Jak patch, since it's a pretty popular game.

I also took a try at that ATV Offroad: All Terrain Vehicles PAL > ATV Offroad Fury NTSC-U patch, but couldn't find the Y-value either.
@Devina

adding the widescreen code by BloodRaynere for Yakuza NTSC U.

Attached Files
.pnach   388F687B.pnach (Size: 639 bytes / Downloads: 245)
Everybody find this code in USA version of ATV Offroad Fury Greatest Hits v3.01 ???? I ported first stroke of pnach code for widescreen game (named ZOOM fix) to USA version from PAL (All Terrain Vehicles) but I can't find second stroke of this code in USA version for port it, help me please and we can enjoy the widescreen in USA version of ATV Offroad Fury, thanks

Original Code from PAL (.pnach)

patch=1,EE,0011F2AC,word,3C023CAC //3C023C8E Zoom (PAL)

USA port stroke is:

patch=1,EE,0011EFBC,word,3C023CAC //3C023C8E Zoom (USA)

Second original stroke from PAL is:

patch=1,EE,0011F2C0,word,3C023FAC //3C023F80 Y-FOV (PAL)

but I can't find 803F023C with corresponding data that look very similar....

HELP PLEASE  [Image: excl.gif] [Image: excl.gif] [Image: excl.gif]
Hello! Does anybody have a widescreen code for Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (CVX) for NTSC J ? SLPM 65022 - I only see the NTSC-U around on the internet. Many thanks~
(01-07-2021, 08:08 AM)onkyonky Wrote: Hello! Does anybody have a widescreen code for Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (CVX) for NTSC J ? SLPM 65022 - I only see the NTSC-U around on the internet. Many thanks~

Pretty sure it's already on the widescreen pack. Check on the directory called "Biohazard Code Veronica" in the NTSC-J directories inside the pack. It's called "D0CF2395.pnach"
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(01-07-2021, 08:13 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: Pretty sure it's already on the widescreen pack. Check on the directory called "Biohazard Code Veronica" in the NTSC-J directories inside the pack. It's called "D0CF2395.pnach"

Thank you yes I found now! It doesn't seem to work but I will try some more!