PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
PCSX2-WideScreen-v0.0.5
Update v0.0.5:
Added float conversion in the find field (type float and double click in the find box to convert to hex before searching)
Removed decimal conversion - float is better

Update v0.0.4:
Remove file logging replaced with in-program log.
Show log in pcsx2 pnach format so if you find a value you can quickly make a pnach.
(Note for pcsx2 pnach only address ranges from 2xxxxxxx will work with pcsx2)
Improved search pattern .
User can now edit the search range (min and max).
Renamed program to pcsx2 widescreen helper

Update v0.0.4-1:
Apparently PATCH and EXTENDED cant be capitalized for pnach(s) ...so fixed (updated previous 0.0.4 archive)

Tiny Manual
Most games store the aspect ratio setting under some 3F------ value, [3F733333, 3F466666, 3F400000, 3F39999A] ..etc (3F4CCCCD, 3F800000 is the most common), while some games use a Float Vector "X: 448, Y: 512, Z: 448"
(in hex 43CE0000= 412, 43e00000 = 448, 44000000 = 512, 44200000 = 640)
you can put in FLOAT values in like 0.800000 just double click on the find field to convert it to the hex conversion before searching.
You can pause scanning just uncheck the 2xx or 3xx box.

Sponsored links

pardon me, this is my first post, . . .

today I make an account in this forum because I'm interested with your works hacking WS on pcsx2 . . .

well, to the point...(note that I bad in english) I don't quite understand using a helper app like hyakki made, but all I can do is download the patch and then make sure the CRC is the same as the file name then enable the cheat, voila..

I'm blind at any memory hexes or else.. (just from where you guys know the hexes is the correct one to do the hack? I don't even)

all of you, please, guide me and take me where I should go first

thanks in advance
Try this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-Cre...n-10-steps
Although it's not really easy I warn you Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-02-2012, 10:37 AM)Bositman Wrote: Try this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-Cre...n-10-steps
Although it's not really easy I warn you Tongue
I'll go check it out...

thanks for your response, it would be nice contribute with y'all!

several hours later

I'll be dead for sure..

okay so.. after several hours of headdesking with Odin Sphere.. I got this.. though it's still have SO MUCH bugs, like.. absorbing phozon(s) effect.. many more...

well.. I just use 1 address, there're several addresses quite possible to pimp this up to level Oboro Muramasa

guys this should work for Persona 4 PAL, using the tutorial was pretty easy!!! many kudos to synce!!!

Attached Files
.pnach   117D1977.pnach (Size: 116 bytes / Downloads: 458)
Hey look it's starting to take off Laugh Glad the tut helped you

And that's pretty a pretty interesting find with Odin Sphere, if you can expand the top maybe you can expand the sides right... I'll give the game a quick look today

Edit: k, I have no idea how you got the game to render a vertical screen lol I only managed to squeeze a few objects and move the background around. Nothing consistent, it changes between levels
OT but, I though I would let ye know, this method also works for PC games of which don't support widescreen. I patched Final Fantasy 7, and 8 for the PC last night, to support 16:9. Although it is significantly harder to patch the game after you've found the correct values, but it does work.
(04-02-2012, 04:38 PM)synce Wrote: Hey look it's starting to take off Laugh Glad the tut helped you

And that's pretty a pretty interesting find with Odin Sphere, if you can expand the top maybe you can expand the sides right... I'll give the game a quick look today

Edit: k, I have no idea how you got the game to render a vertical screen lol I only managed to squeeze a few objects and move the background around. Nothing consistent, it changes between levels

I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you that I use this addr. : 2200286C (the last one within the memory scan range (20000000 - 22ffffff)
this should work for hack//G.U. vol.1 (NTSC-U)

don't have the others episodes so can't do a thing about them.

many thanks to synce for the awesome tutorial.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   89E303FC.pnach (Size: 153 bytes / Downloads: 438)
@synce; will those Xenosaga Widescreen patches work on NTSC-U? i'm feeling lazy and i have college homework all day everyday+^_^+ (suppose i can just download them and try+^_^+)
Signature purposefully left blank.