PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(12-16-2012, 04:27 PM)pgert Wrote: @VIRGIN KLM:
"Dunno if it happens on an actual PS2"
Don't say you trashed your console; it's a modern antiquity!
Don't make me laugh, I didn't, I would have been crazy to trash my (thank god) perfectly WORKING limmited edition Aqua Blue PS2 and be on these forums acting like I'm a saint...
The issue is that the last time I played it on an actual PS2 was so long ago that I didn't even own a widescreen TV so I didn't use the 16:9 option let alone the fact that even If I did I wouldn't remember such issue by now...
Also it happens kinda randomly (always at the same places but it's not so frequent) so it's not like I can transfer a savestate and put it on my PS2 and see if it happens so this is why I ask about that weird thing on people that have more experience in that specific game than me.

Sponsored links

I do not have any issues with Star Ocean 3 on either the PS2 or PCSX2 of that nature. I am chalking my current issues with the emulator tot he pc I am currently using and am waiting on my new pc to get here to get the most out of PCSX2.

Does Star Ocean 3 suffer the same issue that Final Fantasy 12 does when going from the 4:3 option to the 16:9 one? I haven't noticed the Final Fantasy 12 problem until someone posted about it and I still didn't notice it since I started using the patch at about that time as well.
(12-16-2012, 07:59 PM)Topken Wrote: I do not have any issues with Star Ocean 3 on either the PS2 or PCSX2 of that nature. I am chalking my current issues with the emulator tot he pc I am currently using and am waiting on my new pc to get here to get the most out of PCSX2.

Does Star Ocean 3 suffer the same issue that Final Fantasy 12 does when going from the 4:3 option to the 16:9 one? I haven't noticed the Final Fantasy 12 problem until someone posted about it and I still didn't notice it since I started using the patch at about that time as well.
It's not an issue, possibly it's bad coding from developer's side, I notice sometimes that when a long/big single polygon starts from offscreen and ends in the extra rendered gap between 16:9 and 4:3 sometimes it's just black. Final Fantasy XII was more of an aesthetic correction, it was 16:9 indeed but it was done in a way that it would more or less need the equal VRAM to render what you see. This one looks like there's apparently a bug in the game and I'm not sure if it is PCSX2 related or it's just a development issue so I ask people if they ever encountered such thing...
Just an update on the SO3 issue;
Yep, caught again this issue, this time it was popping up reaaally frequently on that map so I was able to catch it on screencaps:

Here check it out:
[Image: gsdx20121217050544.jpg][Image: gsdx20121217050534.jpg][Image: gsdx20121217050524.jpg]
Seems I have a different crc for Grandia Extreme NTSC-U then what Eloise used for the WS Patch my crc is 0x8C4A4146
@Topken:
If you change the patch-name into "8C4A4146.pnach", does it work with your disc?
Not sure haven't given that a try yet. Been busy rearranging my room. I will most likely give it a shot tomorrow once I have time. You know how Christmas can be at times when you have a very full house for a few days.

Patch does not seem to effect my game when I swap the crc to the one my version is using.
Hey guys,

Scoured the thread like crazy for a Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (PAL) widescreen fix, but to no avail. NTSC, sure; PAL, nadda. Anyone care to hook a brotha up? Cheers!
hey guys.

Just want to ask. Does Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES widescreen hack patch compatible with Persona 3 (non-FES version)? if yes, how to apply it (just download the patch and try to move 94A82AAA.pnach file to cheats and enable Cheats but seems not work)

My applied setting (related only)

My screen resolution
1600x900 (native)

If Widescreen hack for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (non-FES) NTSC-U (unDUB) is not available, make this as request.
Netbook spec
Windows 7 SP1 32bit
Atom N475
Intel GMA 3150 (Sherby 1.3)
ram 1GB
native resolution, 1024x600

Desktop spec
Windows 7 32bit
Sempron 140 OCed to 3.46GHz
Radeon HD 4350 (DirectX10.1) (512 MB) (hypermemory to 1057MB)
Ram 2GB
native resolution, 1600x900
Not sure, but why would you want the non-FES version when FES is better in every way?