PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Try this.
In case you're wondering, all I did was rename the current NTSC-U version, but you'd be surprised at how often simply renaming the CRC works.

Sponsored links

(02-12-2013, 05:11 PM)devina40 Wrote: Try this.
In case you're wondering, all I did was rename the current NTSC-U version, but you'd be surprised at how often simply renaming the CRC works.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I've tried the very same trick before and it didn't work.
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
As a last resort, you could try the Widescreen Helper.
Although I'd wait for someone else to do it, or get the superior Greatest Hits version, especially if you're a Maria fan.
For now, I'll put it under requests.

As a rule of thumb, if there's a better version of a game, get it. For example, Persona 3: FES, not Persona 3.
Also, NTSC-U is more popular than PAL, which has over twice the patches in the archive.
(02-12-2013, 06:17 PM)devina40 Wrote: As a last resort, you could try the Widescreen Helper.
Although I'd wait for someone else to do it, or get the superior Greatest Hits version, especially if you're a Maria fan.
For now, I'll put it under requests.

As a rule of thumb, if there's a better version of a game, get it. For example, Persona 3: FES, not Persona 3.
Also, NTSC-U is more popular than PAL, which has over twice the patches in the archive.

Thanks. I'll see what I can do with Hyakki's helper then. I'll let you know the result once I get a chance to play with it. It's been a while since I used that Hyakki's helper therefore I am not too certain any longer which value that has to be replaced etc etc... it's time to browse the old forum topics then Smile

Note: I Ebayed my Silent Hill 2 PC (The standard PC version has the additional plot for Maria's background story) back in early 2004 Sad
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
@devina40
Sergx12 has recently posted a lot of codes for .elf hacks, as well as other developers. Could you include .elf hacks in your achieve to prevent them from getting lost? Anyone will be able to find them easily in case of need. These hacks are really useful for PS2/PS3 users.

Please, add also

Time Crisis 2 (.pnach)
Time Crisis 3 (.pnach)
Time Crisis: Crisis Zone (.elf)

to problematic games, as I tested hacks for games above and can confirm that despite they provide a true 16:9 resolution, the aiming system for both guncon and ps2 controller screws up: hits are not registered directly at the cursor position, but a bit to left or right, depending on cursor's position. So I have completed these games without any widescreen hacks and I don't recommend using them.
Technicaly speaking, you can fix this. What should happen is when something is at the center, it hits it correctly but when something is on the right, it starts to hit more to the right than where you point and the same happens for left logarithmicaly. There must be somekind of values in the elf that you can counter-calibrate the pointing system opositely from the widescreen hack's extra space to revert the results.
(02-13-2013, 02:23 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Technicaly speaking, you can fix this. What should happen is when something is at the center, it hits it correctly but when something is on the right, it starts to hit more to the right than where you point and the same happens for left logarithmicaly. There must be somekind of values in the elf that you can counter-calibrate the pointing system opositely from the widescreen hack's extra space to revert the results.

That is correct. I hope someone will be able to do that in future. But for now hacks are incomplete.

Games are short, but very fast-paced and look nice. They are well made and worth to play at least once. But I doubt that I would return to them even if hacks are completed.
I kinda understand. I'd love a widescreen hack for Lifeline which uses voice recognition software.

[Image: lifeline--article_image.jpg]

However, I don't think it's playable without a mic, and it's unsupported on PCSX2 because of it, so it's kind of pointless.
I bugged the pcsx2 team a couple times for USB support precisely because I want to try hacking Lifeline but no luck yet Ninja
reupdated with new values

Katamari Damacy (SLUS-21008) FA7E3081.pnach
We Love Katamari (SLES-53828) C5FD7217.pnach
We Love Katamari (SLUS-21230) 337B927C.pnach

---

Tekken 4 (SLUS-20328) 833FE0A4.pnach (added fix for character select screen and more correct render fix values )

[Image: t43.jpg] [Image: t44.jpg]