PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
I always leave subtitles on for my games seeing as english is not my native language. If you remove subtitles I think you should put the pnach that still has subtitles in a sub-folder or something for people like me.

Sponsored links

I guess you have a point. Alright, I'll keep them on then. Tongue

After playing KH2 for a bit, I decided that it *did* feel a bit too zoomed out, and it became bothersome in certain cutscenes where you could see characters popping in.
So I put on Nemesis' optional cutscene zoom fix, and it felt zoomed in *too* close, so I think I found a good default balance that will hopefully satisfy both me and VIRGIN.

The black bar removal treatment: (too far away)
[attachment=44037]

The pan scan treatment: (too close)
[attachment=44038]

A nice balance?:
[attachment=44039]
I am not even a fan of this game. I played KH: Birth by Sleep only, which was released on PSP. The story and graphics were wonderful, but repetitive Action-RPG gameplay mechanics was not my cup of tea.
But if I decided to play KH2, based on the screenshots provided, I would choose .pnach with "The black bar removal treatment: (too far away)". May be it because of me having 40" TV, and I always can come closer to it. But if I can see characters on a screen which are totally not supposed to be there, it means something somewhere went wrong Smile
I don't know about you guys but what I really want right now is a subtitle fix for KH1.
@devina40, That's not bad but it's the same thing the incorrect native 16:9 setting does on FFXII which we (well nemesis2000) already fixed here.
My point was to offer an optional cheat for the removal of the bars or/and an optional for a removal+zoom in to make it look like the remasters but the most balanced result is the game with those bars there. You can't even imagine how much time I spent on reviewing again and again the same thing on KH2 and trying to do find the best result that would make sense to watch at both of you are familiar with the game or playing it for the first time.
Psychonauts SLUS_211.20 with render fix

Original
[attachment=44041]

16:9 w/o render fix
[attachment=44042]

16:9 w/render fix
[attachment=44043]
I think it's sufficient enough for now.
Let's wait and see what 2.5 Remix does, and we can always make any necessary adjustments to it later.

Thanks for the render fix for Psychonauts, removed it from requests!

If someone could help me with Without Warning NTSC-U, it'd be much appreciated.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid295567

Attempted CSI. No luck, but enjoy some nightmare fuel.

[attachment=44045]
(04-29-2013, 07:25 PM)devina40 Wrote: Thanks, I now got both .elf files for each region, and matched each address.

The only problem is, the last 3 lines are off (the ones above the black bar fix). Everything else is fine.

In the PAL version, "0c0521ac" changes to "0c0521ab"
In the NTSC version, "0c0521c0" changes to "0c0521.."

That's where I'm stuck. Not sure what the last 1-2 digits are supposed to be.
For reference, it's value 2, 3, and 4 here:

http://ps2wide.net/w.html#SLES-53716

Thank you for your attempts. Maybe someone will take a look at it later. I really appreciate your hard work on requests.

(05-01-2013, 09:54 AM)pelvicthrustman Wrote: Psychonauts SLUS_211.20 with render fix

Thank you. You are amazing Smile
(04-29-2013, 07:25 PM)devina40 Wrote: Thanks, I now got both .elf files for each region, and matched each address.

The only problem is, the last 3 lines are off (the ones above the black bar fix). Everything else is fine.

In the PAL version, "0c0521ac" changes to "0c0521ab"
In the NTSC version, "0c0521c0" changes to "0c0521.."

That's where I'm stuck. Not sure what the last 1-2 digits are supposed to be.
For reference, it's value 2, 3, and 4 here:

http://ps2wide.net/w.html#SLES-53716

0c0521ab means JAL $001486ac (JAL or "Jump And Link" instructions call functions in the MIPS (PS2 EE) architecture)

Note that the first address in the PAL PNACH is also 001486ac

This is because JAL instructions store the function address divided by four (right shift two technically)

If you open calculator in Windows 7/8 and go to View->Programmer, click Hex, input 0521ab (ignore the first two hex digits - they mean 'JAL') and multiply by 4 you will get 1486AC.

So...to port those three lines take the address of the first ported code, put it in Calculator in Hex, divide by four and prepend the digits '0C' as well as any necessary zeros to make it an 8 character (32-bit) number.

ALL THAT....will get you the answer....but as a shortcut you could probably note that 521ab = 521ac - 1.....which means it's probably 521c0 - 1 = 521bf

That should do it, for future reference anyone doing widescreen hacks can refer to this - http://www.mrc.uidaho.edu/mrc/people/jff...IPSir.html

If your curious about why the hack is written this way - many functions have a NOP (00000000) right before the first address of a function - when Nemesis rewrote this function he needed an extra instruction so he moved the function's start up by one word (four bytes) by changing all of the instructions which call that function.
(05-01-2013, 02:47 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: @devina40, That's not bad but it's the same thing the incorrect native 16:9 setting does on FFXII which we (well nemesis2000) already fixed here.
My point was to offer an optional cheat for the removal of the bars or/and an optional for a removal+zoom in to make it look like the remasters but the most balanced result is the game with those bars there. You can't even imagine how much time I spent on reviewing again and again the same thing on KH2 and trying to do find the best result that would make sense to watch at both of you are familiar with the game or playing it for the first time.
Sorry KLM, but I prefer the pan and scan like the remaster. Do you guys have the widescreen patches for that? Where it's pan and scan for cutscenes and real 16x9 for gameplay? If not then I will attempt to do it myself