PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Tekken 5 (SLUS-21059) 652050D2.pnach (differences: affects only on widescreen mode; proper hor+ fov for all cameras; render fix)

[Image: t51.jpg] [Image: t52.jpg]

[Image: t53.jpg] [Image: t54.jpg]

Sponsored links

(05-13-2013, 12:23 AM)mrjared123 Wrote: So random lol

I just remember it from the fact that the director and the 3D animator had to create 2 different cuts (one for 4:3 and one for 16:9 so the effect would be visible on both kind of TVs and make sense without black bars) of the same thing and modify in a way opposite to what we do here the fov patches to simulate the destruction of world.
Now that I mention it, it would be a nice thing to tinker and make some videos with it on PCSX2, simulate an end of the world effect!
I'm so glad fov patches exist, hope they can get use sometime in PSOne games (GC games would need them aswell)!
The reason I'm less enthusiastic for PS1/N64 widescreen game patches is, well, they're ugly. It's primitive 3D.
Plus lots of PS1 games use 2D backgrounds and I wouldn't want them stretched.

[Image: Super%20Mario%2064%20%20Cartoon%20Graphi..._05_31.jpg]
[Image: final-fantasy-7-screenshot.jpg]

Why can't game companies just give us good remakes? Closedeyes
I want a Spyro the Dragon HD Trilogy, Fear Effect HD dualogy, Final Fantasy 7 and 8 with 13's graphics... et cetera. We need more Tomb Raider: Anniversaries, more definitive versions.

Movies and music are an extremely easy medium compared to video games.
With gaming, you have a million platforms: Atari? Genesis? SNES? NES? PS1? N64? Gamecube? PS3? PS2? Dreamcast? Xbox? DS? Wii? PSP? Vita? GBA? PC? 3DS? Xbox? Xbox 360?
Thank god the gaming industry is homogenizing, I'm sick of having to look after the world's biggest rock collection. I love emulation so much.

The sad truth is that a lot of these games wie're patching right now will probably never receive HD upgrades anytime soon. What are the chances of a Fatal Frame HD Collection? Xenosaga HD Collection? For a lot of these games, the answer is: never. So at least with widescreen patches, we can give these games a 25% boost they didn't have because everyone had 4:3 TVs in the early 2000s.
In most games though it's OK, it doesn't really hurt.
Why companies don't release HD versions of popular PSOne games? Because most of them are defunct now and their copyrights are secured to be never used again.(Spyro The Dragon is an example and Crash Bandicoot belongs to Square Enix now)
BTW, you may be in luck with Fatal Frame, I think they will release a pack of the first 3 games in Japan and if you are lucky, they'll do the same with the 4th game too with Move support, simmilarly to RE Chronicles ports.(I remember they accidentaly left on RE4 a menu that you could see the Wii Trailer of Umbrella Chronicles, possibly hinting it'd get ported at some momment which is what happened)
That's kind of depressing when you think about it.
I feel a lot of 90s games would benefit from HD remasters (Shenmue is another gem I forgot). I'm all for the preservation and making art look its best.

A Fatal Frame HD Collection would be nice, I just hope they don't change the entire voice acting and fill it with an insane amount of lag and glitches.
At least the games look great in PCSX2 with fov and FMV hacks, although Fatal Frame 3 has a bit of slowdown.

It's also kind of funny, since realistically, all the time spent working on these HD Collections would be far more productive if it was spent improving PCSX2 instead.

Anyway, keep the patches coming.
When I started the archive, we had about 370 some, now we have 626!
Fatal Frame 2 just got released on PS2 classics so I don't really see an HD collection will come out of that now.
I just wanted to report something. Not sure if this is known or not, but I was playing Sly Cooper 1 and having cheats enabled breaks the game. There are certain things in that game that simply break. I read on the net that another person was having this problem and the developers of the game told him that it was because he was using Gameshark.

I've tried it without the widescreen patch and not having cheats enabled and so far its working fine. So, is there any other way to apply the widescreen patch other than just putting it in the cheats folder?

thanks.
I checked the pnach of Shin Megami Tensei Lucifer's Call PAL from the
archive and from what i see is a little too stretched, i changed the values

Quote:patch=1,EE,002c1a98,word,3c013f22
patch=1,EE,002c1b08,word,3c013f22

to this:

Quote:patch=1,EE,002c1a98,word,3c013f26
patch=1,EE,002c1b08,word,3c013f2C

Is fixed better, but seems still not perfect, seems the second value
controls a zoom, i'm not sure, if anybody more expert can take a lok at it
the better.

Attached is the changed pnach.
Since request is open, I wonder if anyone is interested in searching codes for Call of Duty - finest hour?
COD2 and later COD have built-in widescreen already, only COD not.
(05-14-2013, 12:45 PM)A9chengguan Wrote: Since request is open, I wonder if anyone is interested in searching codes for Call of Duty - finest hour?
have already find it week ago, but still have no time to post it