PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(05-27-2013, 12:42 PM)devina40 Wrote: Yeah, I compared the two and while the addresses and values correspond, their functions seem different.
The first line in the PAL code changes the FOV, and the corresponding NTSC-U version doesn't seem to do anything.
it is not a similar glitches, because in PAL version of ICO glitches was caused by render size values for a water, which originally on 50% greater than the values for NTSC version

Sponsored links

Sure, whatever. Rolleyes I wouldn't know the reason.

Anyway, if you think you can do NTSC-U Indiana Jones, go ahead.
BTW, did anyone have any luck with Life Line? I want to revisit that game with my cousin but it isreally in need of a widescreen hack!
If you try loading Life Line in PCSX2, it says:

"The USB mic is not connected. Please insert a USB device."

So doing widescreen testing for it using PCSX2 for it will be a challenge. Wacko
(05-27-2013, 11:41 PM)devina40 Wrote: If you try loading Life Line in PCSX2, it says:

"The USB mic is not connected. Please insert a USB device."

So doing widescreen testing for it using PCSX2 for it will be a challenge. Wacko

I know that but doing it on a real PS2 is possible. I'd do it myself but my ethernet adaptor is damaged. Also by experience you could do an ELF hack too I guess. Also couldn't the mic get dummied on PCSX2?

EDIT: Oh, you could use the loading screen before "Insert MIC" screen, it's 3D rendered, you have a high possibility it's the same value for gameplay. I'll try it.

EDIT 2: I bet I can do a widescreen hack based just on that tiny part that loads the savegame in the begining but I still think it would be better to be done by somebody else than me. All you have to do is slow down the emulator to 3 fps in order to buy some time for testing before the insert mic message comes up. Also make sure you savestate just before the savegame checking menu comes up, PCSX2 crashes if you reboot it and it's also easier to just reload the savestate to that place.

This hack is not correct but it was as near as I could go to a widescreen hack to it, try it, I bet somebody can do it correctly:

Code:
patch=1,EE,30033E00,word,3F899999
I never had a chance to play Life Line but I was always interested in it since I saw a video of it on a demo disc when I was little, my brother told me that you control with only your voice and I thought that it was so cool haha.
(05-28-2013, 12:09 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: This hack is not correct but it was as near as I could go to a widescreen hack to it, try it, I bet somebody can do it correctly:
can, but request ps2 fat, network adapter, usb mic Laugh
Is there anybody can make Widescreen patch of [Another Century Episode 2 and 3]?
I've tried it for whole weekend and I realize it's god damn impossible for me.
Please help.
(05-28-2013, 01:09 PM)nemesis2000 Wrote: can, but request ps2 fat, network adapter, usb mic Laugh
If you load the game on PCSX2, as I said above, it has a sequence that is rendered in 3D and you don't need a MIC in. You could try doing a patch based on that sequence, this is what I did but I bet you can do it better than me since the address i found is a bit glitchy.

(PS) You don't need importantly a FAT PS2 + Network adapter, you can do it on a slim out of the box since it has an Ethernet port on it. I bet it would work on a PS3 too, backwards compatible or not too now (since the full software emulator got compromised lately)
Jak and Daxter - The Precursor Legacy (PAL-M6) (SCES-50361) [attachment=44431]

[attachment=44427][attachment=44428]

Jak 3 (PAL-M7) (SCES-52460) [attachment=44432]

[attachment=44429][attachment=44430]