PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Hold on guys, I'm still processing things. Smile

Thanks a lot rama, the "PCSX2 Integration Project" is now gone.

Seems like porting Urban Chaos will be too tricky for me. I got both .elf files though, so I'll upload them.
Then ElHecht can give it a shot.

Sponsored links

(08-14-2013, 07:57 PM)pgert Wrote: "Widescreen under emulation settings" determines how the game is diplayed: as 4:3, 16:9 or streched.
You can change this mode in-game by pressing "F6".
However, if you have a game without widescreen support then it is only streched to 16:9.
If your game doesn't support widescreen, it must have the support of a Widescreen pnach-file,
and to enable this support, you must enable widescreen-support in the System-menu
(the option is now called "Enable WideScreen Patches", it used to be called "Enable Cheats").
To avoid confusion, get the latest build.

Thanks for the clarification Smile
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(08-13-2013, 09:52 AM)devina40 Wrote: Try this (attached file).
I was only able to port half of the code though (the other half doesn't appear in ps2wide), so it'll probably have to be done by someone more experienced. Not sure how much it affects the game, but test it anyway. I have both .elf files and can post them if needed.

You're welcome. Biggrin
I tried, but I don't think it works.
Here's the console
"Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v02.20(10/02/2006) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLPS_732.14;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLPS_732.14;1) Game CRC = 0xF7671511, EntryPoint = 0x00200008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLPS_732.14;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.01
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
Cheats found!
comment: Widescreen Hack
Cheats Loaded: 4"
(08-14-2013, 03:06 AM)luke76bg Wrote: i would like to request aggressive inline pal version, if possible ^^

Aggressive Inline (PAL-M4) (SLES-50480)
.pnach   D6A0D7A5.pnach (Size: 953 bytes / Downloads: 532)

(08-15-2013, 01:35 AM)islandking Wrote: I tried, but I don't think it works.

Thought so, it's because I could only port half of it.
The other half doesn't appear when I put the .elf file in ps2wide.

Attached are both region .elf files for both Shadow Hearts 2 and Urban Chaos: Riot Response.
If ElHecht could show us how to widescreen mod Urban Chaos, then I might be able to port better in the future.
Could I request Parappa the Rapper 2 (PAL) please Smile
(08-15-2013, 12:27 PM)devina40 Wrote: Attached are both region .elf files for both Shadow Hearts 2 and Urban Chaos: Riot Response.
If ElHecht could show us how to widescreen mod Urban Chaos, then I might be able to port better in the future.

Sometimes the games data is split into two elf files - the elf file we are looking for is located in \urban\urban.elf . I guess you have been looking at the wrong elf file Smile

Here is the ported patch for the ntsc version

Urban Chaos - Riot Response (NTSC-U) (SLUS-21390)
.pnach   17493C04.pnach (Size: 841 bytes / Downloads: 770)

(08-15-2013, 08:52 AM)ElHecht Wrote: Aggressive Inline (PAL-M4) (SLES-50480)

Really really thanks for this!!! ^__^
(08-15-2013, 04:05 PM)ElHecht Wrote: Sometimes the games data is split into two elf files - the elf file we are looking for is located in \urban\urban.elf . I guess you have been looking at the wrong elf file Smile

Here is the ported patch for the ntsc version

Urban Chaos - Riot Response (NTSC-U) (SLUS-21390)

THat's great! Many thanks!
Would it be useful if the file name could be ..patch, e.g. "ICO (SCES-50760).5c991f4e.patch" or something similar?

Right now the file name would be loaded correctly if it's "5c991f4e.patch" or "5c991f4e.ICO (SCES-50760).patch" but it must have the name start with the CRC. It sorts very badly on windows explorer. We could change PCSX2 to also accept the file if the CRC is anywhere at the name if you guys think it's useful.

Also, I suggest to decide on specific cased-sensitivity (especially of the crc itself and the file extension). I suggest that the crc itself and the extension would always be lower case, but if others think upper case for one or both is better, I don't think it matters much, as long as it's consistent with all the files.