PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(10-01-2013, 02:36 AM)ElHecht Wrote: Here is a patch for the german version of Kingdom Hearts.
- added matrix hack for menu and gumi-jet (thanks to devina40)
- added font fix for hud, menu, text box and subtitle (thanks to CrazyCatz)
- added 60fps hack (should be disabled when playing on real ps2 hardware)
I also added a fix for the numbers
and a fix for the weapon position in the menu
Kingdom Hearts (PAL-G) (SCES-50969)

Thanks!
I'm going to organize it a bit better and port it to the US version.

(10-01-2013, 05:15 AM)avih Wrote: If it is what I think it is (making it run in 60fps rather than 30), then while it's definitely cool, does it really belong in widescreen hacks? I'd consider it a neat game cheat/hack.. but not a ws one...

Agreed, so I'll make it optional and set to disable by default.

(10-01-2013, 04:54 PM)Gatomon Wrote: If so I'd like to request Digimon World 1 for PSX Smile

Sorry, this thread is for PS2 only!
Do what VIRGIN KLM said.

(10-02-2013, 02:47 AM)shinra358 Wrote: All these new patches are added to the new svn's right? Or do I need to keep track of them separately?

The cheats_ws folder should be routinely updated by developers who have access to Google Code to match the cheats_ws folder of the archive. The last time it was updated was about a month ago, but I always update the archive at least once a week or so.

I meant Yu Gi Oh Duelist of the Roses already has a widescreen hack, not Harry Potter or Deus Ex, so I can add Deus Ex to the requests.

Asmodean should link to the new program in the first post when he reads this! Happy

Sponsored links

(10-02-2013, 06:54 PM)devina40 Wrote: The cheats_ws folder should be routinely updated by developers who have access to Google Code to match the cheats_ws folder of the archive. The last time it was updated was about a month ago, but I always update the archive at least once a week or so.
I think it would work better with a system like /ppsspp-lang (the branch of the PPSSPP translations).
Make a branch that it's exclusively for widescreen hacks and merge it once in a while.
K, thanks for answering.

Nah, it's fine the way it is now Smile
"It's been updated about a month ago" is probably becasuse the last svn was same as around that time. WS branch would just make a wait longer.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Just ported original widescreen patch (by nemesis2000) to japanese version of Disgaea (魔界戦記ディスガイア SLPS-20251):

Attached Files
.pnach   8C104E5A.pnach (Size: 327 bytes / Downloads: 389)
Sorry for my bad english.. I want to know about "Armored Core"'s search value.

--
ported by sergx12

gametitle=Armored Core - Nine Breaker SLUS_212.00
comment=Widescreen Hack
patch=1,EE,00172538,word,3c023f22
patch=1,EE,01ec2218,word,3c023f40
patch=1,EE,202B067C,word,43c00000

----

gametitle=Armored Core - Nine Breaker (K) (SCKA-20047)

// 16:9
patch=1,EE,00172528,word,3c023f22 // 3c023f00 (003f023c 2c00043c 3400a2af)
//patch=1,EE,01ec2218,word,3c023f40 // ????
patch=1,EE,202b06fc,word,43c00000 // 44000000 (00000000 00000044 00010003 00000000)

... I thought.. first value maybe 3c23f00 or 3c023f40.. and finally found original value is 3c023f00...
but The Second value is above my ability.... (3c023f80 or 00000000... tried to all value but failed.... 00000000 is too many..)

What is the Second Line search value ?
^Not sure, sorry.

I ported ElHecht's KH1 German fixes to the NTSC-U version, but the subtitles/textbox fix looks... bleh.
The alignment is totally off and it's very distracting, so I think it's better to leave it stretched by default.
If only there was a way to disable subtitles.

The reason why it works for the Final Mix translation project is because the team has the ability to align the font, and I don't see why anyone would do the same for KH1 USA.

[attachment=45851] (bad subtitle alignment)
[attachment=45852] (big space on right side)
[attachment=45853] (wrecks the journal)

Also, for Persona 3 FES, I found a code to resize Persona art (not unstretch them, maybe Nemesis could do it but I can't).
I made them smaller because the developers were kind of dumb and made them too big, hiding parts of the art in the process. Fortunately, Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 corrected this.

Before:
[attachment=45850]

After:
[attachment=45849]
Hello everybody, this is the first time I attemped this so I'm not really sure,
is this correct? XD
I attempted a Widescreen Hack for Harry Potter - Philosopers Stone and while it looks like I was succesful I'm not sure. Please take a look.

Harry Potter - Philosophers Stone
[Image: vue3.png]
[Image: 2fu4.png]
(10-03-2013, 10:44 AM)devina40 Wrote: ^Not sure, sorry.

I ported ElHecht's KH1 German fixes to the NTSC-U version, but the subtitles/textbox fix looks... bleh.
The alignment is totally off and it's very distracting, so I think it's better to leave it stretched by default.
If only there was a way to disable subtitles.

The reason why it works for the Final Mix translation project is because the team has the ability to align the font, and I don't see why anyone would do the same for KH1 USA.

Yeah these were the issues I had with KH2/KH2FM too. The game uses like thousands of variables and addresses for size and alignment, you are starting a fight that you will lose when you try to correct all those elements. The only thing that works OK is the subtitles and that's why I left it inside the code.
Links updated in OP.
(10-03-2013, 01:24 PM)Gatomon Wrote: Hello everybody, this is the first time I attemped this so I'm not really sure,
is this correct? XD
I attempted a Widescreen Hack for Harry Potter - Philosopers Stone and while it looks like I was succesful I'm not sure. Please take a look.

It looks kinda correct, you are definitely seeing more horizontal area, but from your second screenshot, it looks like there's a slight zoom in as well. It depends what method your using, I assume maybe a vertical fov- and zoom out... If so, trying adjusting your values a bit and you should get it. Your on your way though, great job.

@devina40
@VIRGIN KLM

Regarding the bad alignment for the Kingdom Hearts font fix, it's all aligned to the left, right? Perhaps it would possible to find addresses that align the font to the right as well, and just adjust both left and right alignment, at half value...to make it appear like it's in the middle, which is kinda what I did to fix the HUD in Spiderman 2.

Sorry, I'm not too knowledgeable of assembly, but just trying add my 2 cents here. VIRGIN KLM said there's like thousands of addresses, so there's gotta be a way.