PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(10-22-2013, 03:56 AM)ElHecht Wrote: Rygar - The Legendary Adventure (PAL-M5) (SLES-51445)

Thank you so much.

--------------------

NTSC-K

Rygar - The Legendary Adventure

NTSC-J

Killer 7

Attached Files
.zip   WidePnach2.ZIP (Size: 1,87 KB / Downloads: 183)

Sponsored links

Archive updated, 990 patches now!
@avih (and others):
As a suggestion, how about renaming "Enable Widescreen Patches" into "Enable Enhancement Patches", and "cheats_ws" into "enhancements"?
That way the 60fps and Progressive Scan patches could (correctly) be enabled by default.
It would also solve another incorrectness, namley that there are clarity\rendering patches
that aren't needed because of the widescreen-patches, but as a consequence of HD-settings (2x Resolution, and higher).
It would make it more user & developer friendly.
Please consider it.

@avih (and others):
Since there are official cheats for games (that doesn't require patches),
it's rather confusing (for newbies, at least) to name the menuoption "Enable Cheats".
Better would be to name it "Enable Cheat Patches".
Please consider it.

@avih (and others):
If your are going to divide the widescreen-pnachs into Stable & Experimental,
please include the Splinter Cell 1-4 pnachs into Experimental, at least the PAL ones.
These games seems to have been deliberitly designed to make widescreen-hacking extra problematic, and TLB-errors might show up.
From the talk in this forum, it seems that the problem is the same for other regions as well.

Request:
When playing Splinter Cell (One) at 2x Resolution, the fps drops significantly, making the game inplayable on my humble computer.
A 60fps-patch might solve this.
In anyone is up for it, please take a look.
I don't think your drop in FPS is going to be fixed with a 60FPS patch since that increases the requirements and thus making them run slower unless you have the hardware for it. And since it's tied to raising internal scaling i'd put money on your GPU not being strong enough.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Aren't the 60fps patches only for the Kingdom Hearts series? Has anyone been able to make 60fps patches for other games?

I don't like the "Enable Enhancement Patches" since that sounds a little unnecessarily convoluted. Even "Widescreen and HD Patches" would be better. If there's a progressive scan patch, it'll be enabled by default in the widescreen patch archive (since there's nothing to lose), while 60fps will be disabled by default (since not everyone has good specs).

I do like the "Enable Cheats" to "Enable Cheat Patches" idea though, because it makes things more consistent.
NTSC-U

Naruto - Ultimate Ninja 2

NTSC-J

Eureka Seven - Vol 1
Eureka Seven - Vol 2
Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto III
Naruto - Narutimett Hero (NTSC-U.. Naruto - Ultimate Ninja)
Naruto - Narutimett Hero 2 (NTSC-U.. Naruto - Ultimate Ninja 2)
Naruto - Narutimett Hero 3 (NTSC-U.. Naruto - Ultimate Ninja 3)
Naruto - Konoha Spirits (NTSC-U.. Naruto - Uzumaki Chronicles 2)

NTSC-K

Clock Tower 3
Klonoa 2 - Lunatea's Veil
Naruto - Narutimett Hero International
Naruto - Uzumaki Chronicles
Naruto - Uzumaki Chronicles 2
One Piece - Round the Land!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Original Widescreen hack by nemesis2000, ElHecht and someone.

Attached Files
.zip   WidePnach15.ZIP (Size: 13,55 KB / Downloads: 180)
Drakengard 2 PAL SLES_537.94

.pnach   EC432B24.pnach (Size: 177 bytes / Downloads: 521)

(10-25-2013, 09:23 PM)devina40 Wrote: If there's a progressive scan patch, it'll be enabled by default in the widescreen patch archive (since there's nothing to lose), while 60fps will be disabled by default (since not everyone has good specs).

I do like the "Enable Cheats" to "Enable Cheat Patches" idea though, because it makes things more consistent.

Agreed on those. Progressive scans are simple improvements with no negatives AFAIK, and to me it seems appropriate to include those with the WS patches . 60 FPS are few and increase requirements probably considerably, so while great, I still don't think they belong at the "WS patches" group.

We can maybe put the 60 FPS patches at the normal cheats folder, with proper comment, and make sure this comment appears on the console clearly (e.g. "Enabling 60 FPS cheat"). How many 60 FPS patches do we have anyway? are people actively working on those?
Drakengard SLES_523.22 PAL

.pnach   79585776.pnach (Size: 120 bytes / Downloads: 383)

Needs render fix
(10-23-2013, 07:24 PM)pgert Wrote: @avih (and others):
If your are going to divide the widescreen-pnachs into Stable & Experimental,
please include the Splinter Cell 1-4 pnachs into Experimental, at least the PAL ones.
These games seems to have been deliberitly designed to make widescreen-hacking extra problematic, and TLB-errors might show up.
From the talk in this forum, it seems that the problem is the same for other regions as well.

The problem is caused by patching the 2xxxxxxx addresses. These are only temporary addresses for the hor fov value and the addresses will change everytime the loading screen appears or a new level loads. I'm sure the ntsc patches will have the same issues.

Here are new patches which should solve the problem.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (PAL-M5) (SLES-51466)
.pnach   A7705A52.pnach (Size: 370 bytes / Downloads: 543)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 2 - Pandora Tomorrow (PAL-M5) (SLES-52149)
.pnach   AB82114E.pnach (Size: 443 bytes / Downloads: 544)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3 - Chaos Theory (PAL-M3) (SLES-53007)
.pnach   4C4D7072.pnach (Size: 343 bytes / Downloads: 523)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4 - Double Agent (PAL-M3) (SLES-53826)
.pnach   ABE3FDEA.pnach (Size: 686 bytes / Downloads: 611)

(10-23-2013, 07:24 PM)pgert Wrote: When playing Splinter Cell (One) at 2x Resolution, the fps drops significantly, making the game inplayable on my humble computer.
A 60fps-patch might solve this.

Only better hardware will solve this ...