PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Original Widescreen hack by nemesis2000

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   9000252A SkyGunner [NTSC-J] (SCPS-11006).pnach (Size: 179 bytes / Downloads: 322)
.pnach   5E191B9C Chaos Legion [NTSC-J] (SLPM-65249).pnach (Size: 370 bytes / Downloads: 306)
.pnach   A36CFF6C Castlevania Lament of Innocence [NTSC-J] (SLPM-65444).pnach (Size: 407 bytes / Downloads: 521)
.pnach   237B84D3 Castlevania Curse of Darkness [NTSC-J] (SLPM-66175).pnach (Size: 380 bytes / Downloads: 465)
.pnach   71320CA8 Onimusha 3 [NTSC-J] (SLPM-65413).pnach (Size: 465 bytes / Downloads: 355)

Sponsored links

(11-21-2013, 10:44 PM)devina40 Wrote: If you directly change the horizontal value and walk around in gameplay (especially when climbing stairs), the camera will distort and characters will be fat again. If you want to see what I mean, disable the second line, play the game, and rotate the camera a lot.

The current widescreen patch has a zoom (vert-) value which fixes this.
But it's vert- widescreen, so it kind of sucks. I don't know, maybe ElHecht or Nemesis could look at it. It's an interesting glitch.

Modifying the horizontal fov causes character popups in cut-scenes. gameplay looks ok. I put both versions (hor+ and ver-) in a pnach file. imho this game should be played with ver- modification.

Trapt (PAL-E) (SLES-53824)
.pnach   2A79E058.pnach (Size: 842 bytes / Downloads: 443)
Thank you ElHecht, I'm looking forward to trying it out and seeing how it look Smile

I felt like I wanted to give something back to the everyone on the board for the awesome work you've been doing, so I've tried to do a widescreen hack of "Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome" myself. After a lot of trail and error I think I've done it. The 2D sprites are still stretched and unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about it, I'm still learning.

Here it is anyway though, if anybody is interested

Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome PAL SLES-53690

.pnach   C97A17F8.pnach (Size: 140 bytes / Downloads: 439)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (SLES_511.81) PAL
Converted from NTSC Widescreen hack by nemesis2000

.pnach   11DB467D.pnach (Size: 358 bytes / Downloads: 370)

Needs a render fix, if you zoom in with the standard rifle (4x zoom), some items on the edge of the screen will disappear, very noticeable in mission 5, in the city.
(11-22-2013, 01:07 AM)Argon Wrote: If it is not much to ask, could you also make a hex codes for Project Snowblind NTSC version? I just received a second controller and would like to test multiplayer, but devina's .pnach won't help me on this occasion as it patches singleplayer only Sad

I only have the PAL version of the game. Sending the elf's won't help much cause you need a memory dump for each elf when it's loaded. Did you try the pal hex codes ? They might work for the ntsc version, too.

(11-22-2013, 01:25 AM)devina40 Wrote: Yeah, I had a feeling my patch was a few lines off. Tongue
I had trouble porting the offsets. Sorry about that.
I really don't want to give it another go or else I'll get a headache, so I'll leave it to ElHecht.

I worte a little comment at the end of the patch to explain why you can't just modify the values. the current ntsc patch will overwrite game code ... and nobody knows what this will cause ...
Here is an updated pnach file (alt crc) for XIII PAL based on nemesis PAL patch.

XIII (PAL-M5) (SLES-51244)
.pnach   9C0F01BD.pnach (Size: 323 bytes / Downloads: 388)

Updated Silent Hill4 patch to elf adresses.

Silent Hill 4 - The Room (PAL-M5) (SLES-52445)
.pnach   0A5E41A5.pnach (Size: 602 bytes / Downloads: 396)
Wreckless - The Yakuza Missions (PAL-M3) (SLES-51202)
.pnach   DBA95103.pnach (Size: 167 bytes / Downloads: 346)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm (SLES_519.76) PAL
Converted from NTSC Widescreen hack by nemesis2000

.pnach   FE1720F1.pnach (Size: 382 bytes / Downloads: 381)

Needs a render fix, if you zoom in with the standard rifle (4x zoom), some items on the edge of the screen will disappear, such as the window on the building in the screen shot.

Also I was unable to convert over nemesis2000's menu fix, so there is still fat soldiers in the soldier select screen.
Wow, some great progress, guys!

(11-24-2013, 01:41 AM)ElHecht Wrote: Modifying the horizontal fov causes character popups in cut-scenes. gameplay looks ok. I put both versions (hor+ and ver-) in a pnach file. imho this game should be played with ver- modification.

Trapt (PAL-E) (SLES-53824)

Is it just the first cutscene? I like patches to be as hor+ as possible.
If the pop-ups are mainly only in the first cutscene, then I think we should keep it hor+.
I plan on doing a Trapt playthrough later on, so I can test it.
I ported it to NTSC-U anyhow.

Nice job on Maikai Kingdom. I will also port it to NTSC-U, along with Wreckless to get them off the requests.
do ya'll think that these kind of patches could fix black or liney cutscenes in some games?
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb