PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(12-16-2013, 07:56 PM)devina40 Wrote: Okay, I think there may be another version of the game with the same CRC.

In PCSX2, mine says "Pal-UNK" (United Kingdom I believe).
And yours says PAL-M3? (Multi 3)

It says the same in my version. Here is the elf file you asked for.

*removed* by bositman, please do not upload elf files

Sponsored links

Here's my widescreen hack for... ...get ready for it... ...Britney's Dance Beat!

Britney's Dance Beat [PAL] (SLES-50947)
http://oi42.tinypic.com/2qn2tm0.jpg

.pnach   C0EE68EC.pnach (Size: 130 bytes / Downloads: 490)
I got the .elf file ElHecht, and yeah, we're not supposed to publicly post .elf files on the forums anymore.
That's why I sent you a PM.

Anyway, since it's the holidays, I'm gonna be a little busy. Gotta check out some Final Fantasy glitches later, as well as Drakengard 2.
Ported Britney's Dance Beat to NTSC-U, and fixed a glitch mentioned by Fezzer where the Sphere Grid in FFX PAL was broken (if the world map is broken, let me know). Updated archive.

I gave up on Drakengard 2, so ElHecht, if you want, try making a Drakengard 2 NTSC-U elf address patch.
Also, if you can, NTSC-U Jak 2 and 3 would be appreciated since I couldn't get those.
(06-01-2013, 10:08 AM)devina40 Wrote: Requesting 4 games (all NTSC-U):

- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Sorry devina40, it may not be NTSC-U (Sorry I got the PAL disc) but here's Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone outside Europe)

[Image: 2h4i2w6.jpg]
[Image: 25693sj.jpg]

There's one bug though, cutscenes are still 4:3 and I can't find the d*mn address that modifies it, I bet if I had some help I'd find it.
I also believe that HUD could be fixed.
I guess atleast a game less from the list!
I'm trying the rest games too and Quidditch World Cup (same engine as Philosopher's Stone)

.pnach   C71A6146.pnach (Size: 200 bytes / Downloads: 612)
(12-25-2013, 08:31 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Sorry devina40, it may not be NTSC-U (Sorry I got the PAL disc) but here's Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone outside Europe)

Thanks so much, I ported it to NTSC-U! Biggrin

I feel kind of dumb, as if I didn't examine it enough. I changed a bunch of addresses in Cheat Engine and the camera zoomed-out, so I thought I found a zoom out code and that was it. I didn't realize the horizontal FOV code was in there too.

And yeah, it's a shame for the cutscenes, but oh well.

It also turns out that the PAL and NTSC-U versions of the game share the same CRC and widescreen hack address. It shouldn't interfere with anything though.
Maybe ElHecht or nemesis2000 could help with cutscenes and HUD. I'm puzzled why I can't seem to find them.
I tried Quidditch World Cup and I didn't find anything so far.
Prisoner Of Azkaban and Chamber Of Secrets don't work on PCSX2 and I don't see that changing anytime soon. (so the requests are rather pointless as my request for Lifeline, though one day I'm gonna do it either way!)
Tried to do Futurama as well, so far no luck with it, not that I tried alot though.
BTW, can you add on requests Digimon World 4 (PAL)?
So far I can do an HUD fix but I can't seem to find an address for the 3D proportions! (LOL)

Also I found what's wrong with the Way Of The Samurai patch:

While address 20221E58 is responsible for Height streching, address 202295A8 is not the typical zoom function, it's a camera that controls the perception of depth too, think of it like that camera on movies that when a person realises something in a dramatic way you see him on the same distance from the camera while the distance of the objects behind him (it usually has a long corridor or something to make it more obvious) become more distant.
I haven't found so far an address that is responsible for Width streching, I thought it would be near Height but nope, nothing there.
Mace Griffin - Bounty Hunter (SLES_516.53 Pal)

.pnach   CBC401C5.pnach (Size: 144 bytes / Downloads: 470)

@devina40:
Update request of some pnachs.
Also modified the filenames for "Devil may Cry 2" (NTSC-U & NTSC-J),
if nothing else to demonstrate the new filename-feature,
added passive comments into these pnachs informing of the same CRC,
and made a pnach specifically for the cheats_ws folder for both regions, with NTSC-U enabled as default.
Please take a look.

Attached Files
.zip   pnachs.zip (Size: 13,53 KB / Downloads: 167)
(12-26-2013, 02:39 AM)Some Chump Wrote: Mace Griffin - Bounty Hunter (SLES_516.53 Pal)

Ported to NTSC-U, very nice job! Smile
Request complete.

(12-26-2013, 04:47 AM)pgert Wrote: @devina40:
Update request of some pnachs.
Also modified the filenames for "Devil may Cry 2" (NTSC-U & NTSC-J),
if nothing else to demonstrate the new filename-feature,
added passive comments into these pnachs informing of the same CRC,
and made a pnach specifically for the cheats_ws folder for both regions, with NTSC-U enabled as default.
Please take a look.

I'm not really a fan of the DMC2 idea, since if a person hypothetically only uses PCSX2 for DMC2 and doesn't want the entire cheats_ws folder, they have to rename the CRC.

I updated everything else though.