PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
@devina40:
bug report: Tales of Symphonia,my volume became extremly low when i used the code "patch=1,EE,001188dc,word,3c013fab //zoom value for battles"
can u fix it?

Sponsored links

(12-27-2013, 01:56 AM)Little giant Wrote: @devina40:
bug report: Tales of Symphonia,my volume became extremly low when i used the code "patch=1,EE,001188dc,word,3c013fab //zoom value for battles"
can u fix it?

Update to the latest PCSX2 build, and test it with and without the widescreen patch on. If you know it's the widescreen patch, contact flameofrecca on the forum since they made it:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/User-flameofrecca
Here's Onimusha: Blade Warriors (NTSC-U)

(Black bars appear only on cutscenes/dialogs so don't worry)
[Image: 2airn8z.jpg]
[Image: 33bgtg2.jpg]

.pnach   CE7451A4.pnach (Size: 161 bytes / Downloads: 509)

Also devina40, there's a funny thing here.
On your rules you say:

"Don't request games that don't load in PCSX2."

...and a few lines after it's your request of for "Harry Potter and the Prisoner Of Azkaban" and "Harry Potter and the Chamber Of Secrets"!
Do you realise/know that niether of those games work on PCSX2? xD
Yes, I'm a terrible, terrible, hypocrite, I know. I thought Prisoner of Azkaban worked, guess not. Tongue

I tried The Sims: Bustin Out (use Skip MPEG hack).
I changed a line 3c013f40 around the 2xxxxxxx area), it was kinda in widescreen, but the camera was all glitchy, so idk.

I'm going to try Coraline and The Urbz: Sims in the City next.

Everyone, feel free to post what games you're looking at, or whatever. We're all in this together.
Urbz would be the next I'd try too! (Some?) Hud proportion stuff are stored between 218F41A0 and 218F42D0.
I have somewhere the discs for the rest Sims games on my house, I found the box of Bustin Out' but I can't find ther disc, but I bet where it is...

Tried Futurama, I have a feeling that it needs an ELF hack, most 3FXXXXXX seem to not touch the game AT ALL visualy, like the game stores stuff in different values than 99% of PS2 games and typical float ranges (I guess because of the weird/alien rendering engine).

Digimon World 4, ARGH, that game is so stubborn, I have ready an HUD fix but the 3D part is nowhere to be found on RAM. Another ELF hack candidate.

Found a zoom function only on Gradius Z, it's 2045A9DC if it helps anybody.

Way Of The Samurai is weird, doesn't seem impossible to patch but the game stores values on it's memory in a pretty unorthodox way to go go through finding them according to what I "hit" in memory.

EDIT: FOUND DIGIMON WORLD 4! FINALLY!
That was the most random address I ever came across...
It has an issue though, something tries now and then to rewrite the address and it causes a flicker for a split second. How can I check what tries to write to that address on Cheat Engine?
(12-27-2013, 06:20 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: EDIT: FOUND DIGIMON WORLD 4! FINALLY!
That was the most random address I ever came across...
It has an issue though, something tries now and then to rewrite the address and it causes a flicker for a split second. How can I check what tries to write to that address on Cheat Engine?

Try an .elf address hack, maybe?
What's the address, modified value and original value?
(12-27-2013, 03:17 AM)devina40 Wrote: Update to the latest PCSX2 build, and test it with and without the widescreen patch on. If you know it's the widescreen patch, contact flameofrecca on the forum since they made it:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/User-flameofrecca

yes ,I have tested

(12-27-2013, 05:07 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Here's Onimusha: Blade Warriors (NTSC-U)

(Black bars appear only on cutscenes/dialogs so don't worry)
[Image: 2airn8z.jpg]
[Image: 33bgtg2.jpg]

the game's name is not Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny?
What's the status with the patches? Where are we at? Tongue2
(12-27-2013, 08:48 AM)devina40 Wrote: Try an .elf address hack, maybe?
What's the address, modified value and original value?
Tried, same result and I'm 100% sure it's the correct address:
Address "206EBCBC" change "3FF8E38F" with "3FBAAAAB"
I need to find what address tries to overwrite that address and kill it.

(12-27-2013, 09:03 AM)Little giant Wrote: the game's name is not Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny?

No that's a completely different game.
Did Futurama and it has a simmilar problem with Digimon World 4...

Anyway I'll post the patches as WIP.

Futurama
[Image: fl9btc.jpg]
[Image: nn1hyq.jpg]

Digimon World 4
[Image: 6522px.jpg]
[Image: 1zbup6u.jpg]

.pnach   0A342A88.pnach (Size: 209 bytes / Downloads: 445)

.pnach   2CEFF37C.pnach (Size: 162 bytes / Downloads: 417)