PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Updated archive.

- Persona 3 FES PAL's converts it from 50hz to 60z. I have no idea if it's fine on a real PS2, but if you're used to seeing the 50hz, you're actually seeing how it's intended to be in 60hz. Not sure.

- Suikoden V PAL seems to have an alternate CRC then. No big deal.

Check my Region Port guide if you really want to get those FFX and FFX-2 PAL patches working, and I'd be happy to archive it.

I just... really can't be bothered to do it myself or else I'll go insane. Wacko

For example, there's FFX North America, Europe, France, Germany, Italian, Spain, Japan, and the Japanese International version. Having to port the same code for so many regions gets aggravating. >_<

Sponsored links

Yeah I know about the many FFX(-2) versions; the Kingdom Hearts games underwent the same treatment...
To port the pnach of FFX-2 PAL-Ger to PAL-Fr, I retrieved my game CRC and replace the pnach name. This worked. So I did the same with FFX but no way!
Your archive contains pnach for the PAL-Ger and PAL-Eng, the patch codes are exactly the same, so I retrieved the CRC of my PAL-Fr of FFX, took one of the two pnach and replace the CRC. Then I tested it on a real PS2, problem: as I said before, PS2rdMod displays a nice black screen with component cables (so I boot pnach files "blind" m'see...), my USB Key flickers on startup (= clue of the adequate pnach is found and loaded) but I got no result on screen => then I tested it on PCSX2: confirmation of the pnach is detected but the codes doesn't work yet.
About P3FES: I tested once with GSM and I understood this game isn't made for forced progressive scan (even on 576p@50Hz the ingame speed increases too much, so in 480p@60Hz it's like "no frame limit + frame skip"...). I strongly think this is because this game has an optimized PAL version, whereas many japanese games from the beginning of PS2 life weren't (20% speed down and ugly blackborders -> deformed display...)

EDIT: since I don't have any elf from other versions of FFX, I post this archive containing 3 files:
- 941BB7D9.pnach = the PAL-Ger original pnach with the so coveted 16:9 and 480p
- a file showing the CRC of my FFX version (PAL-Fre, platinum edition)
- the .elf file of this game

EDIT2: I'm downloading the iso of FFX PAL-Ger to compare and try the region port... and to test the original pnach first because maybe it doesn't work at all. Notice: the NTSC-Us doesn't have the progressive scan feature in its pnach. ABORTED - 3.5GB with my crappy connection... forget it :/

PS: believe me or not, FFX in 480p is something like... "WAOW AWESOME! O o" With the addition of a 16:9, I guess it should be something like "WTF CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!"

Attached Files
.rar   FFX PAL-Fr pnach conversion.rar (Size: 961,6 KB / Downloads: 150)
PS2 V9 Aquablue
- SCART RGB cable (with CSYNC) from retrogamingcables.co.uk
- Monster Cable Component (with audio)
- 2x wireless gamepads (Logitech)
- ARMAX with USB Key used for homebrew and saves transfert
- FreeMCBoot -> GSM, OPL, PS2rdMod (WS patching for retail games)
Then maybe the P3 FES PAL progressive scan code only works on PCSX2, whereas on a real PS2, it messes it up. That's my best guess.

And yeah, I checked the French .elf file for FFX, it seems to be the same codes though. I'll see what I can do.

But FFX-2 works fine, right? It's just FFX that's the issue?
Yeah, only FFX.
For FFX-2 I ported from the PAL-Ger pnach (9AAC530D.pnach) of your archive, only changed the pnach CRC in the file name and the comment... et voila.
PS2 V9 Aquablue
I simply renamed the FFX PAL CRC to the French one (A39517AE) and it worked in PCSX2...

[attachment=49140]
Whaaat? It's that I made too!
Tell me, how much FPS shows PCSX2; 50 or 60??? Interlaced (field) or other?
Me I get this:
[Image: mini_599504FFXfrpnach.png]
PS2 V9 Aquablue
Z_Boy: Thanks for fixing up my patch, I pretty much have no idea making patches, I made them using wide screen helper Tongue
Could you also fix up my Samurai Warriors 2 and 2 XL patches? Would really appreciate it Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Says it's Progressive on mine, and yeah, it's 50fps on mine too, not 60fps.
Not sure why it says Interlaced on yours, but it doesn't matter, since there's not really any noticeable difference between the two on PCX2.

Also remember, a progressive scan hack isn't the same thing as a 60fps hack.
A 50hz to 60hz hack is something entirely different.
Yeah I saw that: actually not 480p but 576p... :/ The pnach doesn't mention the author because I want to ask him why he didn't make a 480p instead because the PAL version of FFX is 20% slower: the 480p@60Hz would have recover the ingame speed and the display is more sharper than 576p@50Hz; only side effect: the cutscenes experience little audio async.
Maybe you're playing on the emulator only, but believe me, I tested FFX(-2) in 480p ON A REAL PS2 and you cannot imagine how clean the display is *.*
I test again FFX and the PAL-Ger pnach on my PS2 to be sure!
EDIT: my TV still shows 576i and black stripes and Tidus has a fat ass...

PS: the missing support of component cable on PS2rd is a very annoying *****: I can't see the events written by the app.

Bositman: are you talking about my Warriors Orochi 2 PAL-Eng "fix"? I know NOTHING about hex editing or something like that; I only copied/pasted the content of the pnach made by ElHecht (PAL-German version) to the PAL-Eng you worked on! ^^ Because I'm a good guy and I thought of british gamers Tongue2

EDIT: okay... I understand nothing; here is the situation I have with PCSX2:
Game: FFX
- boot the CDVD (full) = widescreen hack + 576p work
- boot the CDVD (fast) = pnach detected but codes not applied at all
Game: Persona 4
- boot the CDVD (full) = pnach not detected at all!
- boot the CDVD (fast) = widescreen hack + 480p work
PS2 V9 Aquablue
Man, the french version of ffx pal as ALWAYS worked with the ger widescreen patch, just change crc number.