PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(07-07-2014, 11:40 PM)Asmodean Wrote: When this thread was started, we had one single patch. So I'd say 1.5k patches is damn good, indeed. Great job everyone Biggrin

Well, we have to thank you for starting all this!Smile

Does anyone know if there are similar projects for other consoles, i.e. individual game patches? nemesis2000 has quite a few Xbox patches on his site and for Dreamcast, Gamecube and PS1 the respective emulators offer a built-in widescreen hack, but AFAIK most/all games would need render fixes...

(07-08-2014, 01:07 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Oh, you can actually either apply them on the ISO/ELF or convert (or not) the codes to the cheat-software's corresponding format and you boot the game. You can even do it on the fly with ps2rd.

And even better: doctorxyz integrated PS2RD in Open PS2 Loader, so now you can simply start your game from OPL as always and the widescreen patching is done automaticallySmile

(07-06-2014, 08:30 PM)devina40 Wrote: Just remember, everyone feel free to update or improve patches already in the archive.

Lately I tested some of my patches on a PS2 console and noticed a few issues, so I made some updates...

.zip   ws_patches.zip (Size: 2,64 KB / Downloads: 270)

Wipeout Fusion:
Worked on PCSX2, but on the PS2 only one field was patched (in the game menu). Now it works on both.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3:
Converted old ELF hack to PNACH. There is already a PNACH for the same region in the archive, but it seems to be a different release (maybe Greatest Hits vs original release?), since the CRC and the addresses are different. Also it seems to miss some patches.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2007:
Converted old ELF hack to PNACH. The patch in the archive is still the first version... vert- since I hadn't found the render fix back then.

Maximo - Ghosts to Glory:
Noticed there's a PAL port with 'ELF patches', so I updated the NTSC patch. Now the menu is 16:9 as well.

Maximo vs Army of Zin:
Same as above, but the 'ELF patches' here are flawed, so they are commented out and the 2xxxxxxx memory patches are used as before (see details in the PNACH). However, the patch is now updated with menu and HUD fix, as seen in the PAL port.

Best regards

Sponsored links

(07-09-2014, 10:06 PM)No.47 Wrote: nemesis2000 has quite a few Xbox patches on his site and for Dreamcast, Gamecube and PS1 the respective emulators offer a built-in widescreen hack, but AFAIK most/all games would need render fixes...

I was trying to inspect on some PSOne and Gamecube games with native widescreen what do they do on memory when you change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 but I still haven't found out something to the point I get the whole concept. Before some of you tell me "but PSOne had no widescreen games" I'll let you know that there are (and I still have some of them) games that did support natively widescreen even back then. Infact one of them was the one that made me understand as a child what a widescreen ratio is (Pac Man World).

PSOne games with native 16:9:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sho...creen-mode
Thanks No.47~
With the exception of Sly Cooper 1's notorious glitch, I'm very satisfied with the progress.
(07-09-2014, 11:20 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: I was trying to inspect on some PSOne and Gamecube games with native widescreen what do they do on memory when you change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 but I still haven't found out something to the point I get the whole concept.
Searching aspects ratio in a PS1 memory is almost impossible work, because on PS1 there is no values like 3f80000, only integer values.

P.S. Some results of my experiments with Crash Bandicoot 2. Also don't expect any releases, it's just experiments

[Image: cr21.jpg] [Image: cr22.jpg]

[Image: cr24.jpg]

[Image: cr25.jpg]
That looks amazing. Out of curiosity what address(es) and value(s) were responsible for the widescreen? If you can supply any info I might be able to come up with a reasonable method of making widescreen codes for PSX.
(07-10-2014, 09:05 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: Out of curiosity what address and value were responsible for the widescreen?
Final aspect value recalculates on fly, the initial value I still can't find, and for now it's done through modifying one of the function.

(07-10-2014, 09:05 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: If you can supply any info
There is no any info, because it's just early experiments only with one game.
(07-10-2014, 09:15 AM)nemesis2000 Wrote: Final aspect value recalculates on fly, the initial value I still can't find, and for now it's done through modifying one of the function.

There is no any info, because it's just early experiments only with one game.
Ok. What function?
Since Nemesis made a lens flare fix for Fatal Frame 1-3, I wonder if it's possible to do one for SH2. Seems to be on a different layer.

[attachment=51541]

SH3 doesn't need one, and SH4 doesn't have a flashlight, so it's just SH2, really.
(07-10-2014, 08:54 AM)nemesis2000 Wrote: Searching aspects ratio in a PS1 memory is almost impossible work, because on PS1 there is no values like 3f80000, only integer values.

I experiemented with Crash games aswell and had the same results.
I don't believe it's too hard though to be honest, atleast I bet you can apply the same method of ELF hacks from PS2 on PSOne too using a disassembler. It's just that I have no MIPS assembly knowledge.
(07-10-2014, 10:54 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: I bet you can apply the same method of ELF hacks from PS2 on PSOne too using a disassembler.
Not the same, because on PS1 integer math for everything.

Also I don't believe that any elf hacks can give us result better than pcsx-r does.