PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(08-05-2014, 10:37 PM)obesebear Wrote: If you look at his legs, you can tell the back of them are completely absent (the same applies to the arms and back). This is how the game renders models in order to save on memory. Would it even be possible to force the game to render a full scene, or fool it into thinking both sides are being viewed?

So this has nothing to do with the widescreen patching then?

A lot of widescreen patches need render fixes because there's missing geometry and pop-in on the left and right.

But if this is part of the engine itself, I'm not as sure.

An in-game PCSX2 screenshot might be better.

Sponsored links

It doesn't pertain to widescreen patching exactly, but having seen that post about nemesis adding a code to draw more of the geometry than normal I got my hopes up that it might relate to the back culled geometry in games like Dirge of Cerberus, Wild Arms, and etc. If the engine can be told to draw the geometry that isn't normally viewed without a widescreen patch, I figure it could also be told to do the same pertaining to the reverse side of models. I just don't have the slightest clue how to begin looking for a value(s) like that.

Unfortunately I can't take any in-game shots because as soon as the camera is rotated, the geometry is drawn. I've messed with Cheat Engine a little enough to be able to edit basic camera movements and other simple things like that. I'm just at a loss for telling the game to draw more geometry.
Why do you want to draw geometry you can't see though?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'm hoping to be able to extract the models. Some members over at the xentax forums have tried decoding the format, and though they've had a little success, the difficulty of it has caused almost everyone to give up.

But you guys seem to have the know how necessary to tell the game what you want it to do, so I'm hoping to gain a little bit of that knowledge.
Yeah, sorry, I think it's out of our realm of knowledge. Tongue
(08-06-2014, 08:08 PM)devina40 Wrote: Yeah, sorry, I think it's out of our realm of knowledge. Tongue

I was afraid of that. Well thanks so much for your help, and good luck with the rest of the PS2 library!
Hello people, I have a request if not too much trouble. Please someone can make the widescreen patch for Sega Rally 2006 [SLPM 66212] (J). The game brings the option of widescreen format, but I think is wrong, looks like a zoom. Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone. Just registered to thank you all for your hard work. I have a couple requests, but wouldn't waste them on my first post. Peace!
(08-05-2014, 04:32 PM)No.47 Wrote: While both patches seem to work with PCSX2 I couldn't test Blood Money properly since it barely works with my PCSX2 versions, so I tried it on my PS2. Where it doesn't work at all unfortunately - the aspect ratio remains 4:3 and lots of graphical glitches are introducedSad Would you mind taking a look?

When the game runs fine in PCSX2 i assume the code inside the pnach is working. Maybe the issue is caused by the way the patch is applied on your ps2? You could try to hex edit the elf file directly ...
DragonBall Z - Budokai (PAL-M5) (SLES-51233)
.pnach   37472BE0.pnach (Size: 252 bytes / Downloads: 437)

DragonBall Z - Budokai 2 (PAL-M5) (SLES-51839)
.pnach   FE09A7CC.pnach (Size: 254 bytes / Downloads: 500)

DragonBall Z - Budokai 3 (PAL-M5) (SLES-52730)
.pnach   CD787D68.pnach (Size: 254 bytes / Downloads: 479)

DragonBall Z - Budokai 3 - Collector's Edition (PAL-M6) (SLES-53346)
- updated with elf code
.pnach   4E0D7BDE.pnach (Size: 276 bytes / Downloads: 501)

DragonBall Z - Infinite World (PAL-M5) (SLES-55347)
- updated with elf code
.pnach   335A5A1F.pnach (Size: 400 bytes / Downloads: 616)