PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Avoiding the HD Remaster because they slightly changed the faces is silly.

Let's look at all the comparisons:

- A lot of texture improvements
- Better graphics, lighting and shadows
- Two soundtracks with the ability to choose
- No PCSX2 issues (such as characters facing wrong direction, ghosting)
- Perfect widescreen throughout game
- Trophies/achievements
- Boosters at the press of the button (no need to mess around with .pnachs)
- International versions of both games, no need to mess around with the English patch for .iso
- HD FMVs
- HD interface
- Dual audio (with a mod)
- Texture replacement (with a mod)
- Ability to give AP to inactive party members and have permanent sensor (with a mod)
- Ability to skip many cutscenes

The benefits of the HD remaster outweigh the cons.

Recently, I've been playing KH 1.5/2.5 on PS4, and I also have to agree, they did a stellar job on those too.

Sponsored links

do prerendered backgrounds scroll in any way
(07-13-2017, 08:38 PM)Devina Wrote: Avoiding the HD Remaster because they slightly changed the faces is silly.

Let's look at all the comparisons:

- A lot of texture improvements
- Better graphics, lighting and shadows
- Two soundtracks with the ability to choose
- No PCSX2 issues (such as characters facing wrong direction, ghosting)
- Perfect widescreen throughout game
- Trophies/achievements
- Boosters at the press of the button (no need to mess around with .pnachs)
- International versions of both games, no need to mess around with the English patch for .iso
- HD FMVs
- HD interface
- Dual audio (with a mod)
- Texture replacement (with a mod)
- Ability to give AP to inactive party members and have permanent sensor (with a mod)
- Ability to skip many cutscenes

The benefits of the HD remaster outweigh the cons.

Recently, I've been playing KH 1.5/2.5 on PS4, and I also have to agree, they did a stellar job on those too.

- The textures do look better but they are only 2x the resolution of the original game
- The effects do look better and its running on a new engine called "phyre". The original can in fact render shadows, just look at Anima's overdrive only instance in the game where shadows are rendered, they just disabled them for some reason.
- I prefer the original soundtrack, not a huge fan of the arranged one, although there are a few good tracks
- The PCSX2 issues can be fixed by tweaking with the options no problem there
- Trophies and achievements are not really a selling point to me
- The boosters also aren't that great. The speed up booster doesn't work for cutscenes and mutes the audio when in use, and it's only 2x and 4x PCSX2, atleast for me, can reach 7x.
Supercharge is just god mode and overdrive always on, no big deal. Auto battle is useless and hide hud is nothing special.
-No enemy is encounters is also not a big deal when you can add a no encounters armor to your inventory. Increasing the frequency of encounters is cool but not a big deal for me again
- I have the INT version with both english and japanese voices. The original INT version had english voices with japanese and english text, no idea what english patch you're talking about, unless you're talking about a pnach code that forces the game to use english text all the time, if thats the case then no big deal.
- FMV's do look better but some of them are cropped and you can't skip all of them for some reason
- I prefer the old interface looks nifty
- Other emulators can do texture swapping so it's possible for PCSX2 just not as simple i'm sure. Oh and they changed the geometry of the faces, so no texture mods could fix them.
- I can also distribute AP using a pnach file, same with permanent sensor. I can also do other things that the pc version can't like obtaining 10 arena monsters with only 1 capture.
- You can only skip some FMV's, in-game cutscenes you can only speed them up (with a mod).

I know about that mod for the PC version that has texture swap among other things, but it doesn't work for me anymore. Tried to get support from the mod creator but he didn't bother to help, he also got banned from the forums for some reason.

The characters faces are a deal breaker for me, just can't play the HD remaster like that. But i do think X-2 is better on PC, faces look good and it has all those extras from the international version. Oh and also, the battle menus on FFX HD have a delay when navigating through them, really annoying.

(07-13-2017, 08:53 PM)gamemasterplc Wrote: do prerendered backgrounds scroll in any way

No they do not. In the HD remaster they do
I'm talking about the FFX-2 International patch by Pbirdman (I feel a bit bad since the remaster came out on PC. All that wasted effort. Same goes for those who made the Type-0 and Danganronpa patches).

I also never bothered with monster arena, or care about seriously hacking the game, since the more you hack a game, the more pointless it tends to be. All the challenge is lost.

Which character faces bother you? The problem ones are always said to be Yuna and Tidus, but I just don't see the big deal. Don't get me wrong, I prefer their original faces too since they look more realistic and less generic anime, but I would never drop the entire remaster because of that. Also, their models look Caucasian and the FMVs look more Asian, so I always found it weird how it looks like they change ethnicity. The HD remaster fixes it by making them look more Asian. Someone made an eye-retexture for Tidus too:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...tcount=501
All the characters faces bother me really but the worst offenders are: Yuna, Tidus, Rikku and Seymour.

The in-game models are a mix of Caucasian and Asian, they have features from both races, except for Lulu she is full Caucasian. This is the only the game i play for the story, so the characters faces are very important to me, some scenes from the game are "ruined" for me because of it. Tidus looks like he had bad plastic surgery, Yuna has a dead look in her eyes also has less expression on her face. I don't really care for the mini games either, some are actually infuriating like the chocobo race, lighting dodging and the butterfly catch, the monster arena hack was just to make it less of a chore.

I know about that texture mod for Tidus i made a few myself but i like said previously, no amount of re-texturing could fix the faces because they changed the mesh, the geometry. If by some miracle someone finds a way to replace the HD remaster's models with the PS2 ones I'll gladly jump ship.

For now the PS2 version is the way to go for me the game looks beautiful with reshade and 4x internal resolution. Only thing i wanted right now was for the widescreen patch to render pre-rendered background and menus at 4:3, but unfortunately no one has been able to do that yet.
NTSC-J

Run Like Hell

------------------------------

Open 'GameIndex.dbf'
search 'SLPM-65603'
paste

[patches = F42DD317]
comment=swapping a COP2 op into place to make the flags work without delays
patch=0,EE,001e2734,word,4A0002FF
patch=0,EE,001e2744,word,4B07FA0B
patch=0,EE,001e2924,word,4A0002FF
patch=0,EE,001e2934,word,4B07FA0B
[/patches]

Attached Files
.pnach   F42DD317.pnach (Size: 450 bytes / Downloads: 177)
I barely notice Rikku's and Seymour's changes. Also, people claim Yuna is expressionless in the remaster, but the only example I've seen is the Yunalesca scene.

I do agree that they should've left an option to use the original faces. I have no idea why they thought changing the face geometry was a good idea as it risks making emotions look wrong/different.

Anyway, I don't want to get into a huge debate about the original vs remaster. Unfortunately, no one's been able to make a fix for that. You can press F6 to change aspect ratio instantly, tho.
(07-13-2017, 10:27 PM)arapapa Wrote: NTSC-J

Run Like Hell

Open 'GameIndex.dbf'
search 'SLPM-65603'
paste

[patches = F42DD317]
comment=swapping a COP2 op into place to make the flags work without delays
patch=0,EE,001e2734,word,4A0002FF
patch=0,EE,001e2744,word,4B07FA0B
patch=0,EE,001e2924,word,4A0002FF
patch=0,EE,001e2934,word,4B07FA0B
[/patches]

You should make a GitHub Pull Request for this Glare .
NTSC-J

Hungry Ghosts (Needs 'Select bar Position fix' and 'Command Selecting HUD fix')(request title)

I will try to fix it

@pgert : I see.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   91AA4B28.pnach (Size: 2,27 KB / Downloads: 164)
Would you classify Hungry Ghosts as a WIP patch (too unstable)?

Today's the final day to submit your patches before they're included in the next big PCSX2 update.