PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(03-14-2019, 09:01 AM)Devina Wrote: You'll have to tell us how to get online. If it's anything like Resident Evil Outbreak, I'll defo need a tutorial.

Guess not. Do you not have access to the NTSC-U and PAL versions? Why are you asking for the Japanese versions?
I have only have physical copies of NTSC J and they are quick and easy to play. NTSC U and PAL versions are expensive!

Also, I'm curious, besides having a widescreen patch for Biohazard Gun Survivor 2, how it would look like with an fov mod to make it 3rd person view. There are times when I play the game and when zombies get close to you, the camera moves slightly to 3rd person.

Maybe something similar to Resident Evil Dead Aim?

Sponsored links

For Klonoa 2, you can give me the .elf file through a PM (don't post it publicly in this thread, it's frowned upon for legal reasons) and I can try making a widescreen patch. Also tell me the game's CRC.

I just realized Biohazard Gun Survivor 2 already has a patch in my archive. Check NTSC-J and look under "G" for Gun Survivor. I can try making a third person mod later but I doubt I'll get lucky.
You sent me the .elf file. Smile

Technically you don't need to give me the CRC since you're using a real PS2 (CRC is the ID to make .pnach files). Try this code for Klonoa:

patch=1,EE,00303fac,word,3c013f40
patch=1,EE,00303fb0,word,44810000
patch=1,EE,00303fb8,word,4600c602
(03-14-2019, 10:34 PM)Devina Wrote: You sent me the .elf file. Smile

Technically you don't need to give me the CRC since you're using a real PS2 (CRC is the ID to make .pnach files). Try this code for Klonoa:

patch=1,EE,00303fac,word,3c013f40
patch=1,EE,00303fb0,word,44810000
patch=1,EE,00303fb8,word,4600c602

I think I still need the CRC number so that I can name the .pnach file that. Otherwise when I boot it up with ps2rd it won't load it to the running disc.

Where can I get the CRC number? Is that what identifies what the disc is?

Thanks!
Run the .iso in PCSX2 while making sure Misc > Show Console is on.

When the game loads for 2 seconds, do System > Pause. Look at the text in the console. In dark blue text somewhere, you should see something like this somewhere:

Game CRC = 0xCD3ED649

Just ignore the '0x' and that's how you find the CRC.
NTSC-K , NTSC-J, NTSC-U

The Godfather (NEW code - mobface fix, add 1 more 'Black bar fix')

-----------------------------

The Godfather (NTSC-K)(SLKA-25338)
The Godfather (NTSC-U)(SLUS-21385)
The Godfather - Collector's Edition (NTSC-U)(SLUS-21406)

same CRC 'D850707E'

Attached Files
.rar   The Godfather (NTSC-K, NTSC-J, NTSC-U).rar (Size: 1,47 KB / Downloads: 251)
Can someone please take a look at MLB Power Pros 2008 (SLUS-21748) ? Thank you.
NTSC-J

Jikkyou Powerful Major League
Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2
Jikkyou Powerful Major League 3
Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009

NTSC-U

MLB Power Pros
MLB Power Pros 2008

Attached Files
.rar   Upload_190316.rar (Size: 2,29 KB / Downloads: 149)
Appreciate the good work on all of the widescreen fixes.
Can somebody fix these...?

Need for Speed Underground SLUS_208.11
This is the original 4:3 aspect (which is screwed by default). Notice the wheels are more like ellipses.

This is the 16:9 fix from the archive (which is screwed because of the default 4:3). The wheels are like ellipses again.

This is the 16:9 fix from the archive with zoom function from my tv (which crops top and bottom slightly). Now the car and the wheel looks better.

Black SLUS_213.76
This is the original 4:3 aspect

This is the original in-game 16:9 (which is vert-)

This is the 16:9 fix from the archive (which is slighly better than the in-game 16:9 but it's still not proper hor+)

Sorry for the not so good phone quality pictures but you get the idea. I don't use PCSX2.
BLACK

It's very strange.

This is a first scene of 4:3  screen and 16:9 Wide hack (PCSX2)

It is your first scene 4:3 screen on PS2