PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Hi, I'm new here. I modded my PS2 with FreeDVDBoot a week ago, installed ESR, made a backup of Smuggler's Run 2 (SLUS-20204) and it worked.
You see, I wanted to make a ISO widescreen patch with PS2 Patch Engine, but things weren't going as I wanted it to be.

First, I converted the game from disk to ISO. Second, I tested the game and the widescreen PNACH code with PCSX2 and worked just fine. Third, I open PS2 Patch Engine - Autohook is checked - Format is PNACH - Insert on the white blank with patch=1,EE,2036EDB8,word,3FAAAAAA - and then clicked Patch. Fourth, I converted the patched ISO with ESR Disc Patcher successfully. And last, I loaded my game on the PS2, load ESR, and while the game worked properly, the widescreen code didn't do any effect whatsoever.

Not to mention, I also ran the patched ISO with PCSX2, but only for the widescreen code not to work.

So if anyone can help, that would mean a lot. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(12-27-2020, 12:39 AM)EnthusiaFan7225 Wrote: Hi, I'm new here. I modded my PS2 with FreeDVDBoot a week ago, installed ESR, made a backup of Smuggler's Run 2 (SLUS-20204) and it worked.
You see, I wanted to make a ISO widescreen patch with PS2 Patch Engine, but things weren't going as I wanted it to be.

First, I converted the game from disk to ISO. Second, I tested the game and the widescreen PNACH code with PCSX2 and worked just fine. Third, I open PS2 Patch Engine - Autohook is checked - Format is PNACH - Insert on the white blank with patch=1,EE,2036EDB8,word,3FAAAAAA - and then clicked Patch. Fourth, I converted the patched ISO with ESR Disc Patcher successfully. And last, I loaded my game on the PS2, load ESR, and while the game worked properly, the widescreen code didn't do any effect whatsoever.

Not to mention, I also ran the patched ISO with PCSX2, but only for the widescreen code not to work.

So if anyone can help, that would mean a lot. Thanks.

Have you tried to replace the beginning of the codes which is "2" with "0" ? e.g. 2036EDB8 to 0036EDB8
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(12-27-2020, 12:57 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: Have you tried to replace the beginning of the codes which is "2" with "0" ? e.g. 2036EDB8 to 0036EDB8

I tried, but no dice.

(12-27-2020, 02:18 AM)EnthusiaFan7225 Wrote: I tried, but no dice.

Edit: Okay, so it seems for Patch engine, new codes have to be made since the current codes is not compatible for it.

Edit again: Okay, try this new code

Code:
202E56F0 3C013FAA

In PNACH format:

Code:
patch=1,EE,002E56F0,word,3C013FAA
(12-27-2020, 02:57 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: Edit: Okay, so it seems for Patch engine, new codes have to be made since the current codes is not compatible for it.

Edit again: Okay, try this new code

Code:
202E56F0 3C013FAA

In PNACH format:

Code:
patch=1,EE,002E56F0,word,3C013FAA

So I managed to follow your step and all of the sudden, it finally worked. Now I can re-live this game in 16:9 widescreen. I really can't thank you enough! That means a lot to me.

By the way, I'd like to make a widescreen patch request.

Please do
* Pro Race Driver (SLUS-20329)
and
* Colin McRae Rally 3 (SLUS-20502) (16:9 widescreen mode happens to not be available in the NTSC-U version)
(12-28-2020, 01:05 AM)EnthusiaFan7225 Wrote: By the way, I'd like to make a widescreen patch request.

Please do
* Pro Race Driver (SLUS-20329)
and
* Colin McRae Rally 3 (SLUS-20502) (16:9 widescreen mode happens to not be available in the NTSC-U version)

Have you tried to set your internal PS2 screen setting to widescreen (In the System Configuration menu)? Just to make sure if those games actually read the settings from it.
(12-28-2020, 03:01 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: Have you tried to set your internal PS2 screen setting to widescreen (In the System Configuration menu)? Just to make sure if those games actually read the settings from it.

I already have, but still - the NTSC versions of Pro Race Driver & Colin McRae Rally 3 don't support actual 16:9 widescreen.
I would like to report that the widescreen patch for Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy NTSC-U is a bit broken. Here are some problems I found:
-The HUD can phase through walls and close-by scenery: Widescreen patch vs In-game 16:9
-It can also bug out and crash your game when doing this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...xeBIw5Lb20
I had no luck recreating this bug without the widescreen patch.
@dvdplayer A new patch is in the works, just have to do some testing.