PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(09-17-2022, 12:58 AM)Genesis710 Wrote: You're right, that is very interesting. 

Thank you so much for your help, it works fantastically. I'll have to remember to not use quicksaves for checking the patches, pretty sound advice. 

Also, please forgive me if previous messages made me sound like a jerk or a know it all, this was my first venture in trying to do this sort of thing. Smile

It's all right! You're welcome Smile

I noticed that for some reason the patch breaks game fonts with the latest pcsx2 builds, although it works fine on stable 1.6. It's weird. Maybe this will be fixed in future builds

Sponsored links

I'm wondering if anyone has done a widescreen game patch for GT4 yet, NTSC?
Been looking around and couldn't find anything, hopefully it's been made already.
Hi, I'm new member, if don't mind i have a Widescreen request:
Bakugan Battle Brawlers

Because this game doesn't have widescreen settings ingame,
Thanks before for accept me
(09-20-2022, 12:42 AM)equal2 Wrote: I'm wondering if anyone has done a widescreen game patch for GT4 yet, NTSC?
Been looking around and couldn't find anything, hopefully it's been made already.

Polyphony Digital did it! You can activate the widescreen right in the game settings.
Hi, lately I have been playing NFSU2, NFSMW and NFSC on real hardware and I've noticed that the visual quality is worsened when selecting widescreen modes, is this on purpose? Is there a render/visual quality fix for this issue or am I a dummy? This issue is easily noticed on fonts, maps and cars. What I tried to use to improve it (with no luck) was GSM at 720p/1080i with component cables and enhancement codes from another post (mostly for removing filters, improving FPS). Thanks in advance Laugh
It is an anamorphic widescreen - squishing more data into the same number of pixels. It is a technique from the previous century, inferior to, as you have noticed, the current pixel perfect solution. The loss of visual quality is unavoidable (at least in the PCSX2 you can increase the internal resolution).
(09-20-2022, 09:22 PM)T3ll3S Wrote: Hi, lately I have been playing NFSU2, NFSMW and NFSC on real hardware and I've noticed that the visual quality is worsened when selecting widescreen modes, is this on purpose? Is there a render/visual quality fix for this issue or am I a dummy? This issue is easily noticed on fonts, maps and cars. What I tried to use to improve it (with no luck) was GSM at 720p/1080i with component cables and enhancement codes from another post (mostly for removing filters, improving FPS). Thanks in advance Laugh

What codes and from which post?
there is no patch for Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy - The Mis-Edventures(NTSC-U) [SLUS-21260] right?
because I searched and found nothing, I would love to see this game in 16:9 neither the pc port has this option
Hi, does the codes provided here can be use on real ps2 hardware?

If it is does, can i put them in the OPL manager?

I apologize in advance if i break any rules by asking the question.
(09-21-2022, 10:45 AM)Fuso90 Wrote: What codes and from which post?

Hi, sorry for late reply, it's from this website: https://nfsmods.xyz/mod/3