PSOne Widescreen Patches
With every new value things get more complicate. Thanx for your work El_Patas!
Updated OP.

Sponsored links

@VIRGIN KLM,

the values which i posted first for 16:9 and you posted now are wrong, they was just aproximate when i posted them.

Please post this ones which are the exact:

1164 -> 0D0B
0B98 -> 08B2

And yes, having more values is more work, although from what i see the most effective is still only the 1000,
and second the 1999, with the rest i do not encounter nothing always, but i try all with each game, you never
know if any of them can help.

Best regards.
Fixed! Thanx for noticing, I calculated only the Eyefinity ones.
BTW, how did you find those? They don't seem like something you'd find on a wild search.
I encountered them in the game Street Scooters (PAL).
Yes not in a wild search, first encountered one adress with the 1000 value which seemed to work, but after playing a little the game
is breaked, then i searched near adresses manually (Control+B) one by one until i encountered this values which
not breaks nothing, one for the first player mode and the other for the two player mode.

Best regards.
Do the codes work with EPSXE 2.0 yet?
epsxe 2.0 has widescreen gte hack, it does not need codes. I'm assuming it does not work 100% on all games though, so some codes will still be useful.
(02-18-2016, 01:46 AM)Devina Wrote: Do the codes work with EPSXE 2.0 yet?

I checked one and worked fine with ePSXe 2.0.

But i noticed that searching a code in the Cheat Engine appears less adresses than in previous versions for a same game, and encountered an
adress of widescreen that is different than the one which i encountered before in previous versions of the emulator, very rare.

Maybe for search the widescreen codes is better keep using the 1.9 versions instead the 2.0.

Also is supposed that the new version 2.0 do not have support for Windows XP which i have, and seems to works fine.

Best regards.
I see.

I want Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within (NTSC-U) on ESPXE 2.0 to be in widescreen, but the built-in widescreen has a glitchy cursor when clicked.

So I figured the code would be superior, but I'm not sure how to do this. :X
(02-18-2016, 06:19 AM)Devina Wrote: I see.

I want Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within (NTSC-U) on ESPXE 2.0 to be in widescreen, but the built-in widescreen has a glitchy cursor when clicked.

And that's why this thread exists. All of these people calling useless the codes here since ePSXe put out the widescreen hack, not realising that these codes, if anything, they are more sophisticated and less prone to errors than a generic viewport hack, not to mention that they work on rel hardware.

I'm gonna update the OP with the new memory ranges.
(02-18-2016, 06:19 AM)Devina Wrote: I see.

Do you mean that you don't know how to use a code with the cheats option of ePSXe?
Rename the txt file with the ID code of the game like this: SLUS_006.95.txt

Put the file inside the cheats.txt folder of the emu.

Run the emu, load the game, when the game started to load press ESC and choose Options/Cheat codes from menu, in the new
window which appears choose the code from the left panel and activate it to right panel, press ok, and then
choose Run/continue from menu of the emu.

It continue loading the game with the code, in this moment you can use instantly a savestate, there are some exception of game
in that the code not works if used a savestate from the start, then better wait to load the game until arrives to the main menu.

(02-18-2016, 07:00 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: And that's why this thread exists. All of these people calling useless the codes here since ePSXe put out the widescreen hack, not realising that these codes, if anything, they are more sophisticated and less prone to errors than a generic viewport hack, not to mention that they work on rel hardware.

I'm gonna update the OP with the new memory ranges.

I'm agree, also there are a lot of people who prefers play in the real PSX and not in emulators, and  there are other good PSX emulators which do not have
the widescreen hack, then this codes are completely useful and interesting.

About the memory ranges, then is needed to be changed? and with the change now appears exactly the same amount of adresses like before?

This new range of memory (00A8B6A0 to 00C8B69F) is only for the 2.0 version of the emu right? in the tutorial is still wrote the 1.9.25 version,
i think this could be changed by 2.0 if this memory range is only for the 2.0.

Best regards.