Resolved: Microvu bug reports official thread
As you pointed out, the thing needs extra clamping.
This is not really a bug but more like a SSE limitation with "uncommon" floating point results like a denormal.
These differ from the PS2 version (the PS2 doesn't have a denormal at all Tongue2 ).
We tried to make the default config as compatible as possible, but some games like this need different clamping to work fine.
(That's why you see this happening with sVU as well, btw Wink )

Sponsored links

Is running out of program cache a bug with MicroVU? lol
Because I get this message when I run "Crash Tag Team Racing" (see issue 508 on google code). But the size seems to be different each time it runs out of program cache.
microVU1: Program cache limit reached. Size = 0x110035c
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
I guess not, there are games that abuse micro programs so microVU's cache gets filled fast.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
is this where i can report some consoles outputs of games, for instance the "vi delay" message?
E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]
Just reporting console errors will not help. Also if you checked the first post, this thread is about games that work with legacy SuperVU and have problems with the new microVU. Anyway reporting valid bugs is never bad, but make sure you include as much information as you can, from your PCSX2 version / plugins and their settings to the exact method to replicate the problem with the game.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ok, here is what I noticed. Slycooper becomes unplayable with the FPS continually dropping (until it reaches 1FPS but it probably goes lower than that as well) in microvu unless you select supervu legacy. This happens in the first 3d image with the flag. the hack that skipps the mpeg does not fix this because it does not happen with MPEGS but the problem seems to be with the graphics of the game. This happens with Micro vu set in none, normal, extra, extra+ . And of course with no speedhacks.

I am using the latest GSDX plugin SSE4 with 1900 + 1080 resolution and everything else is default. And it is the latest official beta version. I have also tried it with an svn version that has the skip MPEG patch to try to run it with the patch. The problem exists in both.
(06-01-2010, 07:34 PM)NoVaX1000 Wrote: Is running out of program cache a bug with MicroVU? lol
Because I get this message when I run "Crash Tag Team Racing" (see issue 508 on google code). But the size seems to be different each time it runs out of program cache.
microVU1: Program cache limit reached. Size = 0x110035c

its not a bug, but it is interesting to know which games do that.
mVU's caching system is just an optimization, if the cache is full it resets itself and starts the caching process all over.

(06-02-2010, 01:51 PM)kebrus Wrote: is this where i can report some consoles outputs of games, for instance the "vi delay" message?

if the vi delay is more than '1', then i'm interested in games that do that.
if its only '1', then you don't need to report it (unless the game is bugged).

(06-03-2010, 12:47 AM)warr12 Wrote: Ok, here is what I noticed. Slycooper becomes unplayable with the FPS continually dropping (until it reaches 1FPS but it probably goes lower than that as well) in microvu unless you select supervu legacy. This happens in the first 3d image with the flag. the hack that skipps the mpeg does not fix this because it does not happen with MPEGS but the problem seems to be with the graphics of the game. This happens with Micro vu set in none, normal, extra, extra+ . And of course with no speedhacks.

that is odd, i'll have to check that out.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(06-03-2010, 08:02 AM)cottonvibes Wrote:
(06-02-2010, 01:51 PM)kebrus Wrote: is this where i can report some consoles outputs of games, for instance the "vi delay" message?

if the vi delay is more than '1', then i'm interested in games that do that.
if its only '1', then you don't need to report it (unless the game is bugged).

it is, the game is champions of norrath (SLUS-20565), with the default pcsx2 configurations on the latest revision 3207

outputs 3 vi delays on the game menu, with the numbers 3, 4 and 1 in this order, and outputs number 3 and 4 again after creating a new game (when we finally have control of the character)

the game has tons of glitches though, and everywhere i look it's still marked as "Intro" which is not exactly true, this game goes ingame since around revision 2000

baldur's gate dark alliance 2 uses the same game engine as this game and has the same glitches but still freezes on entering into the menu, while this doesn't

if you need anything else just say it, i'll come back for news
E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]
oh i'm already familiar with Champions return to arms, which does a similar thing and has the same problems.
i don't know if the problems in those games are due to gsdx, the VUs, or something else..
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
Hi there,

I get this message after the intro of XtremeG 3 (NTSC) on all pcsx2 builds I tried up to r3259. I tried Speedhacks,Fixes on or off with the same result. After the log message pxsx2 hangs. It`s hopefully useful for something.

microVU1: Cached MicroPrograms = [000] [PC=0000] [List=01] (Cache = 0.000000%)
microVU1 Warning: Branch in Branch delay slot! [0040]
microVU1: Cached MicroPrograms = [001] [PC=0009] [List=01] (Cache = 0.000000%)
microVU1: Cached MicroPrograms = [002] [PC=0044] [List=01] (Cache = 0.000000%)
microVU1: Cached MicroPrograms = [003] [PC=0042] [List=01] (Cache = 0.000000%)
microVU1: Cached MicroPrograms = [004] [PC=009b] [List=01] (Cache = 0.000000%)