swthreads=1
msaa=0
UserHacks_AlphaHack=0
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=1
UserHacks_SkipDraw=0
allowHacks=1
Excl The man will die, but not his ideas Excl

Sponsored links

So.. let me get this right, you managed to correct the shadow and the FX -BRILLIANT!- but what about the brightnes problem? Linear your screenshots don't show the sky ^_^. (i wood rather have bad shadows then the extreme brightnes)
"Latest gsdx are capable to run SotC perfectly with all postFX and shadows" - the beta plug ins? Can you please tel me what version of gsdx exactly are you using? Is your brightnes level normal?
My gsdx is v.2815
Bright sky is NORMAL in this game !! This is one of special effects in SotC, so don't try to disable it with offset - it will displace FX layers !
I recommend you to watch SotC gameplay on real PS2 and you will see overbright and bloom in the sky Smile
Thanks four the reply, yes i know the HDR - High Dynamic Range effect of the sky is normal, i was referring to the bug where it is to extreme, I suppose at higher internal resolution it will be ok....must get new video card XD
Linear that cfg is nearly identical to mine except for the 2X scaler. It seems that using 2X scaling removes the extra layer entirely for me, meaning wanders sword is black and the shadow figures look strange. However with 3x and higher the extra layer is present, but offset. I wonder if this is hardware-related somehow? I'm running it on a Geforce 8800GTS on windows7 x64 with the latest nvidia drivers.

And by the way the sky is meant to be bright yes, but nowhere near THAT bright. Play the game on a real ps2 and compare.
The bright sky's still a mystery problem for now, we'll fix it once we know why it's broken.
I don't know if this will help, but the GSdx10 0.1.4 graphic thingy doesn't appear to have the brightnes problem, even at native resolution.
PS:Being able to play the game on the PC is great, the pcsx2 team are heroes!
Pogo : AAAmen to you!

Linear, I suspect that you have those tiny offset errors too, maybe you just don't notice... the screeshots you posted doesn't really make it obvious whether or not you have them. I may be wrong though.
Oh common guys ! I have a real PS2 and I can compare graphics in pcsx2 and console gameplay ! I don't have any offset errors anymore and THE BRIGHT SKY IS GODDAMN "NORMAL" for this game !Tongue Even game developers said in press release that it is special FX, which suppose to hide distant low poly details !
Yesterday I played this game from beginning to the end with gsdx2815 (from EmuCR site) and there is no problems left =D
-------
Pogo, maybe you should try different svn compilation, check *removed*
I checked x2, x3 scaler multiplication (my GFX card cant handle x4 and other modes - not enough memory),
and also checked 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios - everything worked like a charm !Laugh

P.S. - if someone need a proof of fixed scaler, shadows an postFX - I can make some screenshots from "whatever you want" scene of this game Smile
P.P.S. - God of War works without offset problems too, just as Rama said =)
Nah, I can see the issues in GoW2.
The dump I had to check didn't have any people on the sides, so the offset blend layer went unnoticed.
For SotC, the sky IS too bright. The effect is being rendered, but it's too pronounced.