Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
It will play the majority of PS2 games fine, except for the hard to emulate games. Certain games require software mode to play without glitches, and they WILL benefit from more than 2 cores, so that's something to keep in mind.

Sponsored links

Koji, please help me!

My rig is a Dell XPS 1530m gamer laptop.

Core 2 Duo @ 2ghz
geforce 8600m GT
2Gb ram
windows 7 home premium x64

I would very much like to run Final Fantasy XII,
I have tried it on pcsx2 0.97 with GDS SSE3 plugin v.0.1.16
Could you pls advise settings? Videos run smoothly at 56 fps
but the actual game runs between 20-40 fps, sometimes even lower...HELP pls
Your main problem is the CPU, for FFXII you need 3.2~3.5 Ghz and probably need speed hacks enabled, the only way to try something with that build is to search online and get acquainted with overclocking, but bare in mind that its risky, you could damage your CPU.
Hello

I'm going to buy a new laptop and i want to know if this model can run pcsx2 and especially game like FFXII, valkyrie profile silmeria, persona 3 and 4 or Dragon Quest 8 at normal speed

http://www.fnac.com/Asus-N53DA-V1G-SX021...01#ficheDt

The cpu is a AMD Phenom II X4 P960 @ 1,8 Ghz (quad core) ad the graphic card is a AMD HD 6650 mobility radeon (1 Go)

My current laptop, a toshiba satellite A500-14k (http://www.fnac.com/Toshiba-Satellite-A5...-4#ficheDt ) can run PCsx2 but recent games have problems (glitches, slow framerate...)

Thanks for your answers
No no no and no. That processor probably wouldn't even be good enough for 2d PS2 games.

PCSX2 requires a very fast processor in the 3ghz+ range on two or more cores for most 3d games. That phenom will actually be much slower than your current laptop.
That Phenom is slooooow. 1.8Ghz is hardly recommendable for PCSX2, especially from an AMD. Granted, the GPU is better, but the CPU will probably produce the same, if not lesser results.
Thanks,

How well do you think it will do in software mode? I know it's a quad, but it's only at 2.8GHz (It's pretty high, but there's a lot of higher ones out there). Do you think Silent Hill: Shattered Memories will have a high fps in software mode?
(05-08-2011, 04:18 AM)mrjared123 Wrote: Hello,
You might of seen me on earlier posts, but I plan on buying a completly new desktop. It is a DX4850-27EU.

The specs are:

CPU - Intel Core i5-2300 quad-core at 2.8GHz (Turbo Boost to 3.1GHz)
RAM - 6GB
GPU - Intel HD Graphics 2000

I know that PCSX2 only uses 2 of the cores. And I also plan on buying a new GTX 460 and a power supply instead of the terrible Intel. So, is this a good buy? It's only $630.

That's not bad. Before you buy the PC, replace the PSU and add a GPU, though, consider how much the total cost is going to be if you just built it yourself. Chances are building your own might still end up cheaper if you make that many changes.

Edit:
Specced out a build on Newegg, you can definitely do better.

Asus P8P67-M Pro, $140
Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, $215
G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1333, $85 (is it just me or have RAM prices gone up?)
EVGA GTX 460 1GB, $180 ($150 AR)
Thermaltake V4, $50 ($40 AR)
Antec EA-500D, $50
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium OEM, $100
TOTAL: $820 before rebates ($640 w/o GPU)

This one comes with an unlocked CPU which is better for oc'ing. Even if you don't oc, it's still a faster CPU at stock.
sorry, but here are my specs, wonder if any game will really work

here are my specs:
AMD phenom II x6 1055T
2048 ram DDR3
Nvidia GeForce 210
directx9
winxp sp3 32bit build
(05-09-2011, 11:23 PM)ilovejedd Wrote: That's not bad. Before you buy the PC, replace the PSU and add a GPU, though, consider how much the total cost is going to be if you just built it yourself. Chances are building your own might still end up cheaper if you make that many changes.

Edit:
Specced out a build on Newegg, you can definitely do better.

Asus P8P67-M Pro, $140
Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, $215
G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1333, $85 (is it just me or have RAM prices gone up?)
EVGA GTX 460 1GB, $180 ($150 AR)
Thermaltake V4, $50 ($40 AR)
Antec EA-500D, $50
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium OEM, $100
TOTAL: $820 before rebates ($640 w/o GPU)

This one comes with an unlocked CPU which is better for oc'ing. Even if you don't oc, it's still a faster CPU at stock.

I never built a PC myself, but I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

Edit:
Wait, what about the hard drive?