Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(05-12-2011, 12:42 AM)Rezard Wrote: LOL! I'd almost have to see it to believe it (not saying I don't believe you).

The thought of an IGP besting this G210 is much easier to believe, as opposed to either this one or that one.

But, hey, it's about time!

Well, it's not really a testament to how good integrated graphics are. More like, how awful the G 210 is. It's around GeForce 6200 or 8400 GS level. Those two cards were already pretty bad back when they were released. There's no reason to buy the same performance today when similarly priced options from ATI perform much better unless the G 210 comes default on OEM builds.

Both AMD and Nvidia integrated graphics reached around 6600 GT performance (maybe a hair below) in 2008. Intel being Intel, it's only catching up now.

Sponsored links

Lol 8400GS.
They still sell those cards, which I never completely got.
The Guy at my local Brick and Motar tried to sell me once a few months ago. He said because it had 1GB DDR3 memory it was good. I didn't have the strength to tell him that a $35 Graphics card from 2007 isn't good and it was never good.
[Image: 1817164.png]
E8400 @ Stock, 4GB DDR3-1066, XFX HD4670, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
E5700 @ 4GHz, ASUS P5Q-EM DO, 2GB DDR2-1002, Coolermaster Elite 460W
They still sell them because a lot of PCs still only have PCI slots (a lot of the cheaper atom boards for example) and some people require an additional card(s) for additional monitors... Not necessarily for anything 3d.

Older PCI cards like the 5200fx aren't supported for windows 7 Wink
(05-13-2011, 01:43 AM)Koji Wrote: They still sell them because a lot of PCs still only have PCI slots (a lot of the cheaper atom boards for example) and some people require an additional card(s) for additional monitors... Not necessarily for anything 3d.

True. They're actually a favorite for Linux users requiring an inexpensive card with VDPAU support. Unless you go ION with an underpowered CPU, there are few options for Nvidia integrated graphics and the ones that exist tend to be pretty expensive. It's usually cheaper to buy, say, a G31/G41 or 760G/780G/785G/880G mobo and pair it with an 8400 GS than it is buying a GeForce 8200/8300/9300/9400 mobo.
Yeah, some people get them for PhysiX.
Click image for Prev. rigs Cool
[Image: MYNEWPCGII.png]
Alright,
I found this combo pack: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundl...mbo.634257

It has a Core i5-2500 and it already comes with all the components (except for the graphics card), but I'll have to add Windows 7 for about $100 more, so the grand total would be about $600. Do you think this is a good idea?
Nice. Saving $60 off some pretty approprriately priced components. I like it. It's like getting that Blue-ray drive for free. Smile
(05-14-2011, 04:27 AM)Rezard Wrote: Nice. Saving $60 off some pretty approprriately priced components. I like it. It's like getting that Blue-ray drive for free. Smile

Yes, I think that I would like the Blu-ray drive a lot. I think it is a very good deal, $20 less than my first desktop I wanted with a Core i5-2300 and a regular DVD drive.

holy sheet nice deal...I wish they shipped it for that price where I live.. Closedeyes
Click image for Prev. rigs Cool
[Image: MYNEWPCGII.png]
A nice deal indeed.

Pair that up with a good GPU, and you'll be handling some of "the demanding games" with little or no need of Speedhacks. Wink