Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
the 3 thread setting solve the fmv problem but in game FPS just slow when i use this setting (about 35-40 FPS overral) is there anyway that i can use both settings run simultaneously ?

Sponsored links

The 3 thread setting goes hand-in-hand with running GSdx under the Software Renderer. Unlikely the regular Hardware Renderer, it does not use your GPU to process the emulation, and places the workload entirely on your CPU. Knowing this, I bet it seems fairly obvious why the Software Renderer would usually be slower, and also why using both would be impossible. I was just hoping you might still see decent speeds thanks to your 2 extra cores.

At least you can get a clean looking video. If your situation allows it, overclocking you CPU will help the FPS. Nothing else really will.
(12-15-2010, 07:17 AM)as56 Wrote: Hey guys, can we be playable with the laptop MSI GX723?

The Specs are:

Core 2 Duo P8700 2,53Ghz
4gb DDR2
500Gb Hard Drive
GeForce GT 130M
Windows 7 Home Edition

Hey, the procesor is a Core 2 Duo P8600 2,4Ghz it's still being the same Performance?
Practically the same. You're looking at a difference of like 3fps between 2.4Ghz and 2.53Ghz.
Got a Dell XPS with a Intel iCore 5 at 2.53Ghz and 3Gb of RAM + 1Gb of dedicated video, Nvidia GForce GT 420M.

Enough? FF XII will run ok?
(12-24-2010, 05:44 AM)Maumin Wrote: Got a Dell XPS with a Intel iCore 5 at 2.53Ghz and 3Gb of RAM + 1Gb of dedicated video, Nvidia GForce GT 420M.

Enough? FF XII will run ok?

on native, most likely. 2.2dc/8600gt does it
Question 
Does PCSX2 run better with Intel processors? I've been told a lot of different things over the past week while making a new budget rig for myself.

It's already shipped and here's what it'll be when it arrives (the relevant parts anyway):

* AMD Phenom II X2 555 @3.2 GHz - I plan on getting around 3.8 GHz out of this after overclocking (and maybe unlocking it to an X4 B55). Even though it has SSE2, 3, and 4a instructions I've been told I'd be better off going with a sightly slower Intel CPU because they're better for emulation.
* 4GB of DDR3 RAM
* EVGA GTS 450 1GB video card - This is already factory overclocked. From what I read, this is enough to get the job done while most of the work is done by the CPU.

Does anyone with this processor (or something similar) have trouble playing some of the more CPU demanding games?
(12-26-2010, 07:43 PM)halfhourdump Wrote: Does PCSX2 run better with Intel processors? I've been told a lot of different things over the past week while making a new budget rig for myself.

It's already shipped and here's what it'll be when it arrives (the relevant parts anyway):

* AMD Phenom II X2 555 @3.2 GHz - I plan on getting around 3.8 GHz out of this after overclocking (and maybe unlocking it to an X4 B55). Even though it has SSE2, 3, and 4a instructions I've been told I'd be better off going with a sightly slower Intel CPU because they're better for emulation.
* 4GB of DDR3 RAM
* EVGA GTS 450 1GB video card - This is already factory overclocked. From what I read, this is enough to get the job done while most of the work is done by the CPU.

Does anyone with this processor (or something similar) have trouble playing some of the more CPU demanding games?

I have a Athlon 64 X2 @ 3.21GHz, and a 512MB Nvidia 8800GT with about a 7% overclock, and 3GB of DDR2 RAM. Most games run just fine at stock graphics, I can turn internal res up about 2x or 3x on simpler games like PacMan World 2 but I have to turn it back to basic graphics for games like Final Fantasy 12 (which occasionally has slight fps dips, but nothing too severe). Using my setup as a comparison, I would say that your new computer would run more graphical intensive games just fine (without any fps dips), and you should be able to turn up the settings to maximum when playing less-intensive games (think Spyro, Jak & Daxter series, etc.)

Thanks for the quick reply Speculant, I have a really good idea now of what to expect when I get things up and running.
@ halfhourdump:
You have heard correctly, Intel is a better choice than AMD for this case. One reason being AMD currently lacks SSE4.1 support, but they also generally do not compare with an Intel at the same clock.

Don't worry, though. You do have a great processor, and if you can overclock it, you should find most games to run excellent.