Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Both are important for emulation, but the CPU is most important.

I get about 50-60fps in KH2 on the same cpu and gpu.

I'm not sure about Siren since I don't own then, so you'll have to test those for yourself.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(12-26-2014, 11:01 PM)antiminaj2752 Wrote: When you do emulation, which one is more important? CPU speed or GPU speed?
Cpu is most important since, you can even get 60fps with a crappy gpu but, gpu plays the major role in upscaled resolutions.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hello y'all. Do you think my computer is capable of handling PCSX2 emulation duties?

AMD A8-6500 3.5GHz 8MB RAM "Radeon graphics" (Sorry can't find more info on video card type but it's the default with the Tower system)

I have been trying for a bit and it seems really slow on some games.... (Valkyrie Profile 2, Star Ocean 3, Rogue Galaxy, Radiata Stories) but then it works nearly flawless for others (Disgaea, FFX, FFXII). DQ8 I would say is "inbetween", i.e. it was slow but I tinkered with some speedhacks to make it decent
Your processor is moderate and can play most games well but, will not provide much at higher demanding games. and, your i-gpu will limit the performance of your cpu and, shorten it from it's full potential.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
What's up gang?

I'm looking into picking up this laptop:

HP Pavilion 15-p156sa
http://www8.hp.com/ie/en/products/laptop...!tab=specs

Specs

Windows 8.1
Intel® Core™ i5-4288U with Intel HD Graphics 5100 (2.6 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Memory: 8 GB
Hard drive: 1.5 TB

But of course I want to make sure it runs the PSX2 emulator properly first, as that's about 75% of the reason I'm buying it.

Now, I did read the OP and understand the rules, but having read that, my concern relates mainly to the graphics card.

As the OP is a few years old, I'm wondering how suitable the mentioned graphics card is for PSX2 emulation.

It's a Intel® Iris™ HD Graphics 5100

The other concern I had was, the processor is an "ultra efficient", thus the "U" at the end of the title.

I understand the efficiency of these is similar to an i3 mobile.
Is that correct?

Given them states, would that rig be able to handle PS2 emulation for GTA San Andreas etc?
Games I'd be looking to play are most of the GTA series, and final fantasy, metal gear solid series.
It should do really well. GTA may have slow downs. MGS will not be at full speed most likely. Final Fantasy will easily run at full speed
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I forgot to mention that my CPU without turboboost is 1.7ghz(quadcore~2.4ghz, according to Dxdiag)
Should I really do turboboost? Will it overheat the laptop?
(12-28-2014, 08:33 PM)antiminaj2752 Wrote: I forgot to mention that my CPU without turboboost is 1.7ghz(quadcore~2.4ghz, according to Dxdiag)
Should I really do turboboost? Will it overheat the laptop?

Turbo boost only activates within a certain temperature threshold so it shouldn't overheat and even if the temps somehow go high the cpu will downclock itself to dissipate the heat
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
(12-28-2014, 05:19 PM)EatMyShorts Wrote: What's up gang?

I'm looking into picking up this laptop:

HP Pavilion 15-p156sa
http://www8.hp.com/ie/en/products/laptop...!tab=specs

Specs

Windows 8.1
Intel® Core™ i5-4288U with Intel HD Graphics 5100 (2.6 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Memory: 8 GB
Hard drive: 1.5 TB

But of course I want to make sure it runs the PSX2 emulator properly first, as that's about 75% of the reason I'm buying it.

Now, I did read the OP and understand the rules, but having read that, my concern relates mainly to the graphics card.

As the OP is a few years old, I'm wondering how suitable the mentioned graphics card is for PSX2 emulation.

It's a Intel® Iris™ HD Graphics 5100

The other concern I had was, the processor is an "ultra efficient", thus the "U" at the end of the title.

I understand the efficiency of these is similar to an i3 mobile.
Is that correct?

Given them states, would that rig be able to handle PS2 emulation for GTA San Andreas etc?

That IGP shouldn't let you down. Iris IGPs are the best Intel has to offer.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU