Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Wanted to ask, how good are the nightly builds and how much better are they than the stable release? Its been a while since the last stable release but hasn't development slowed down a bit recently?

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

Sponsored links

I would get one of the dev builds. They're just as fast and they have a few fixes in them.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Quote:If you have a bit of money, try tracking down a G3258 with a nice budget mobo and you should be good to go

Thanks for your answer.
After some search I come to this build:
PROC : G3258
MOBO : MSI H97M-E95
RAM (current one): G.Skill NS Series 4 Go DDR3 1600 MHz CL11
ALIM (current one): 480 W (no name)

GPU (maybe later if required): MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti OCV1 2GB

Should this MOBO and RAM be enough to OC the G3258? The thing is I choose this MOBO because of OC genie 4. I'm noob at this, and if I could avoid doing it manually... By the way, I'm not sure this is the right choice.
The G3258 can be easily overclocked with even the H series Motherboard's , no problem. Smile

though the Igpu might be a bottleneck on some scenes at higher internal resolutions, it's advisable to get the GTX-750Ti at the start.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hello,

Great forum. Thanks for making all this awesome stuff for free.

Will it run on my PC?

i7 3770
GTX 780
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Samsung SSD 850 Evo (installed there)

Or what kind of settings would you recommend?

Thanks!
(06-10-2015, 08:28 PM)PR3D4TOR1991 Wrote: Hello,

Great forum. Thanks for making all this awesome stuff for free.

Will it run on my PC?

i7 3770
GTX 780
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Samsung SSD 850 Evo (installed there)

Or what kind of settings would you recommend?

Thanks!

Answering the initial question yes, it wil run on your pc. It can play most of the games pretty well, what specific game are you looking at ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Just some Digimon Games right now.

Maybe Gran Turismo 4 later on.

I will try Digimon World 4 right now.

Thank you for the answer.
Dw4 is not much demanding, GT4 should be playable with that processor.
- Refraction
(06-11-2015, 03:07 AM)ssakash Wrote: Dw4 is not much demanding, GT4 should be playable with that processor.

It will be. I've played it just fine on my i5 4440
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-26-2015, 07:16 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: If you're concerned about playing all games at full speed, even ones that require software mode like the ones Nobbs66 mentioned, and don't want to wait for Skylake CPUs, then get an i7-4790K instead of an i5-4690K. The extra threads REALLY benefit you in software mode.

I'll probably get Broadwell (because of a great IGP, I can get a dGPU later). Whether I get the i5 or the i7 depends on this: can anyone tell me for certain that having five or six rendering threads on a non-hexacore CPU makes a lot of difference? (Edit: never mind, I'll find the proper thread for this.) (Edit2: thanks, Nobbs66.)

P.S:
If anyone is wondering, Dolphin didn't get any clock-for-clock bonus compared to Haswell from Broadwell's L4 cache and such in Anandtech's review, but PCSX2 might, since it uses more than one thread (2 and 3, depending on MTVU, if I remember correctly) and Broadwell's features/improvements allow it to be better at multithreading.