Tales of Destiny Director's Cut - FMVs freezing...
This game has random freezing on FMVs, is there a fix for this problem? =/

The gameplay seems 100% for me but I want see the FMVs too... =/

Sponsored links

Mostly if there's a FMV issue, they do recommend to just skip them and watch them on YT Smile It isn't an actual fix true, but mostly that's what they recommend.
Skip cutscenes, horrible thing to say, especially for a RPG.

There is perfect fix. Read my post here:
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Tales-of...PS-25842-J
Horrible thing to say right, for some games this is the ONLY option, why do you think there's a gamefix which disabled FMVs.
There are different opinions on the matter. For me a game which has no fix for freezing cutscenes falls in unplayable category. This thread poster also wanted to watch cutscenes while playing. Recommending to watch them on youtube is like saying “Why play the game? Watch a playthrough.” My opinion of course. Also in this particular case a fix exist and is even written here on this forum. Original poster should use search function to find it in the first place, but answering someones question without knowing the solution is making unnecessary confusion.
(05-05-2019, 02:27 PM)Arethien Wrote: There are different opinions on the matter. For me a game which has no fix for freezing cutscenes falls in unplayable category. This thread poster also wanted to watch cutscenes while playing. Recommending to watch them on youtube is like saying “Why play the game? Watch a playthrough.” My opinion of course. Also in this particular case a fix exist and is even written here on this forum. Original poster should use search function to find it in the first place, but answering someones question without knowing the solution is making unnecessary confusion.

I saw this thread but I didn’t understand the solution... I only tested the game without change the config... I don’t know the plugins etc...

Sorry about the new thread...
It's ok for a new thread, compatibility one is not for questions. Let me turn on my PC, I will attach a file here.

*EDIT*
You could have said in your first post that you've read but didn't get the compatibility post solution. Oh well, happens! Maybe I'll edit it later, so it won't happen again.

So download a file I attached, put it in PCSX2 emulator cheats folder. It can be in your Documents if you're using old installer 1.4 version. Which I recommend not to use and download latest dev build. After that run PCSX2, click on System > Enable Cheats Check.
That's all. No freezing cutscenes.

You can also set Config > Video (GS) > Plugin settings... > Interlacing to None for this game. It will look crispier.

Also if you're not sure about plugins and settings use the ones I wrote in compatibility post. They are quite basic and should work for many games. Do not use the internal resolution one though, that one is for gaming PC's and can slow your games heavily if you're not on one. Try by yourself if you can upscale it a little or not.

Attached Files
.pnach   8409FD51.pnach (Size: 283 bytes / Downloads: 683)
(05-05-2019, 05:13 PM)Arethien Wrote: It's ok for a new thread, compatibility one is not for questions. Let me turn on my PC, I will attach a file here.

*EDIT*
You could have said in your first post that you've read but didn't get the compatibility post solution. Oh well, happens! Maybe I'll edit it later, so it won't happen again.

So download a file I attached, put it in PCSX2 emulator cheats folder. It can be in your Documents if you're using old installer 1.4 version. Which I recommend not to use and download latest dev build. After that run PCSX2, click on System > Enable Cheats Check.
That's all. No freezing cutscenes.

You can also set Config > Video (GS) > Plugin settings... > Interlacing to None for this game. It will look crispier.
I’m using that 1.4 version. Is there other newer?

I will test this config when I back to home later.

Thanks ^^
Here is 1.5:
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist

Download the one on the top. You can tell by the date released.
Thanks.