"Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria" Game Protection disabled
(10-07-2019, 03:41 PM)dharthoorn Wrote: Yay! Laugh

I just watched it without patches and realized again how much your patches have improved Biggrin . Indeed that particular cutscene has a very strong brownish filter on it that maybe could use some more brightness. Then again I suppose since it's a flashback/memory some filter was intended.

I can completely remove that brownish filter which you will also see on the Serdberg Mountain Ruins.In the Cutscene where Alicia says that
the Dragon Orb has been brought to Villnore but it has Side-Effects.I have analysed a certain part of the Code but couldnt trace back yet
where some Values for Conditions come from.That's going to take time Huh

Sponsored links

@ dharthoorn

I have updated my Patch.Difficult Task (hopefully) accomplished: Now you should see the Cutscene Alicia and her Mother in the
Royal Underground Path and the one on the Serdberg Mountain Ruins with correct Color and Brightness Adjustment.I did many
Tests and it always works for me.
(10-09-2019, 05:28 AM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: @ dharthoorn

I have updated my Patch.Difficult Task (hopefully) accomplished: Now you should see the Cutscene Alicia and her Mother in the
Royal Underground Path and the one on the Serdberg Mountain Ruins with correct Color and Brightness Adjustment.I did many
Tests and it always works for me.

Nice! Rolleyes
I will check tomorrow.

Small update from me:
- Jump boost is now available. Works best to bind to controller key (L3/R3 comes to mind). Must be pressed WHILE jumping (value is a velocity Y-axis delta that only executes when jumping. Forcing the "jump detector" value gave very wonky results and generally over-complicated what I was going for Wacko ).
You can also mess with X/Y coordinates as you wish to kinda-sorta teleport. You can clip outside of the screen too...useless but fun.

It's in Experimental/Movement, didn't do a lot of aob testing so it may not work at all...

VP2PAL085.CT
(10-09-2019, 11:43 PM)dharthoorn Wrote: Nice! Rolleyes
I will check tomorrow.

Small update from me:
- Jump boost is now available. Works best to bind to controller key (L3/R3 comes to mind). Must be pressed WHILE jumping (value is a velocity Y-axis delta that only executes when jumping. Forcing the "jump detector" value gave very wonky results and generally over-complicated what I was going for Wacko ).
You can also mess with X/Y coordinates as you wish to kinda-sorta teleport. You can clip outside of the screen too...useless but fun.

It's in Experimental/Movement, didn't do a lot of aob testing so it may not work at all...

VP2PAL085.CT

Interesting, can it be that Alicia jumps a little bit higher in the Levels than in Towns ? I mean without any Cheat Codes.
That was always my impression.I am now trying to fix Mithras Brightness in his Introductory Cutscene.Made some Progress.

Attached Files
.jpeg   Before, Mithra Intro-Cutscene.jpeg (Size: 58,31 KB / Downloads: 318)
.jpeg   After, Mithra Intro-Cutscene.jpeg (Size: 65,54 KB / Downloads: 294)
(10-10-2019, 01:00 AM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: Interesting, can it be that Alicia jumps a little bit higher in the Levels than in Towns ? I mean without any Cheat Codes.
That was always my impression.I am now trying to fix Mithras Brightness in his Introductory Cutscene.Made some Progress.

For sure!
Check my table section "(1B4-1C8) Even more Misc. Flags" for the entry "0. Movement Style / Cutscene Playing";
Bitvalue 0 - Dungeon style movement (High jump)
Bitvalue 1 - Town Style
You can flip the bit whenever you want but you need to freeze the value because it reverts.

And the cutscene in Royal UP is completely cleaned up Cool ! Will check Serdberg also if it doesnt work I let you know.

Attached Files
.jpg   flashback.jpg (Size: 127,28 KB / Downloads: 264)
(10-10-2019, 02:47 PM)dharthoorn Wrote: For sure!
Check my table section "(1B4-1C8) Even more Misc. Flags" for the entry "0. Movement Style / Cutscene Playing";
Bitvalue 0 - Dungeon style movement (High jump)
Bitvalue 1 - Town Style
You can flip the bit whenever you want but you need to freeze the value because it reverts.

And the cutscene in Royal UP is completely cleaned up Cool ! Will check Serdberg also if it doesnt work I let you know.

Yes, thanks.If that works too i will be very contented Laugh
(10-10-2019, 05:25 PM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: Yes, thanks.If that works too i will be very contented Laugh

Hmm..I did not notice anything odd in all Serberg cutscenes. I suppose it was Silmeria reading the dais flashback where it was bad, yes?
In that case, it seems to be solved. Congrats! Biggrin

Screenie:

Attached Files
.jpg   SBRCutscene.jpg (Size: 135,95 KB / Downloads: 245)
(10-10-2019, 10:50 PM)dharthoorn Wrote: Hmm..I did not notice anything odd in all Serberg cutscenes. I suppose it was Silmeria reading the dais flashback where it was bad, yes?
In that case, it seems to be solved. Congrats! Biggrin

Screenie:

Yes in the flashback of the Serdberg Ruins Cutscene there was also a brownish filter but now it's gone Biggrin
Thanks for both Cutscenes Testing!
@Maori-Jigglypuff
The Barbarossa execution FMV in Dipan Castle has massive audio/video desync for me. Do you experience this also?
I've tried tweaking the usual suspects; speedhack, toggle HW/SW mode, DX/OGL. Desync remains.
(10-12-2019, 01:08 AM)dharthoorn Wrote: @Maori-Jigglypuff
The Barbarossa execution FMV in Dipan Castle has massive audio/video desync for me. Do you experience this also?
I've tried tweaking the usual suspects; speedhack, toggle HW/SW mode, DX/OGL. Desync remains.

Yes, you mean before fighting the two Sourcerers ? That also happens when i am not using the Patch.
In that Cutscene there are the black Borders and the Blur-Effect is also present.I'm quite sure that's not from
the Game Level Environment but rather a build-in Video.But what's causing this i don't know (yet).