Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Speedhacks are as they say 'hacks'. They change features of the emulator to try and make the game faster if it is running too slow. IF you are worried about safety of the program or something, it won't do anything like break the emulator. (the speedhacks are a part/function of the emulator)

Some games react very well with the hacks like getting double the speed, some react badly like introducing glitches.
It's different for each game and its a trial and error process but the right speedhack could make a game too slow to playable.

However, if the game runs fine without it, there's no point using it. As the saying goes, 'don't fix something thats not broken'
Working full time to build new PC by the end of the year

Sponsored links

Uhm.. im having a problem again.. because i've stopped playing Pcsx2 about a year ago..
when i get back.. after installing again all i needs.. and download the fatal frame 2.. when im running the game.. im having an error
[Image: dsadsag.png]
Cpu:

AMD athlon™ 64X2 DualC
processor 5200+
2.7 ghz, 2.00 GB of Ram
Quote:and download the fatal frame 2.
Read our rules, no support for any kind of pirated material.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Dude, I have AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 5000+ 2.60GHz,
2GB RAM, Windows Vista x64, NVidia GeForce 9500 GT, but still Mortal Kombat Armaggedon works extremely slowly, everytime on 30 fps.
where's the problem? and why don't Shaolin Monks work on PCSX2 0.96?
(05-12-2010, 10:45 AM)begi25 Wrote: Dude, I have AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 5000+ 2.60GHz,
2GB RAM, Windows Vista x64, NVidia GeForce 9500 GT, but still Mortal Kombat Armaggedon works extremely slowly, everytime on 30 fps.
where's the problem? and why don't Shaolin Monks work on PCSX2 0.96?

Mortal Kombat Armageddon is one of the most demanding games, I can't get more than 50fps on my E8400 @ 3,6 Ghz, so your speed is normal.
Shaolin Monks simply doesn't work. Just like hundreds of other games.
Great, just great. Well, when does the next version of the emulator come out, maybe there's the problem? By the way - I'm afraid to ask, but - what about god of war I or II, does that work? Or can you give me your list of your favorite PS 2 games that work?
Great, just great. Well, when does the next version of the emulator come out, maybe there's the problem? By the way - I'm afraid to ask, but - what about god of war I or II, does that work? Or can you give me your list of your favorite PS 2 games that work?
Next version has Shaolin Monks working albeit with graphical errors. Yes God of War 1 and 2 work, but this isn't the thread to be asking these questions.
Sorry, I know. But this was the most visited one, so I used it in my advantage.
I won't do it again...I guess.
One more question - when does the new emulator come out?
And is there any other emulator besides PCSX2?
(05-12-2010, 12:08 PM)begi25 Wrote: Sorry, I know. But this was the most visited one, so I used it in my advantage.
I won't do it again...I guess.
One more question - when does the new emulator come out?
And is there any other emulator besides PCSX2?

Forum Rules Wrote:We DO NOT KNOW when the next version will be released. Do not waste our time by asking.
No PCSX2 is the only PS2 emulator.
Thanks dude. Sorry for disobeying the rules, I couldn't resist and it was worth a shot.