XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
@zoomHYPERIONzoom: the installer is not finding a matching hardware id -

INFO - No matching devices found in INF "C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\bin\System\BthWinUsb.inf" on the Machine.

You need to overwrite BthWinUsb.inf & BthWinUsb.cat in your "C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\bin\System" folder with the ones from the update archive. [download the latest update archive ScpServer-0.7.0.96-Bth-Update-5.7z - it contains all the additional hardware ids]. Then re-run the installer as per the "Install Update" instructions at the end of Post #301.

Sponsored links

@Ashnal: found a possible reason for your BSOD issue.

In your first post you gave two hardware ids, one of which is USB\VID_0A5C&PID_4500 [for your external dongle?].

This id is not for a Bluetooth Dongle, it is for a Generic USB Hub [see screenshot 1]. My Belkin adapter uses the same Broadcom chip [see screenshot 2], it provides a USB Keyboard port, a USB Mouse port and a USB Bluetooth port. [Keyboard & Mouse ports are for boot time support for a Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse].

I've attached USB View from the Windows Debugging Tools x64.

So it's probably not your Onboard Bluetooth Adapter that is causing the BSOD on shutdown, and MIJ didn't cause a BSOD because it wasn't installing it's driver on your dongles USB Hub.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   usbview.7z (Size: 42,7 KB / Downloads: 242)
Ah, I got ya. So to fix the issue all I need to do is uninstall the driver for that ID and let windows reinstall the old drivers?

Errr, how can I do that exactly? I'm not seeing a hub with that ID. If I uninstall the drivers then use ones without that ID in the inf, will the issue resolve?
(02-17-2013, 02:29 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @zoomHYPERIONzoom: the installer is not finding a matching hardware id -

INFO - No matching devices found in INF "C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\bin\System\BthWinUsb.inf" on the Machine.

You need to overwrite BthWinUsb.inf & BthWinUsb.cat in your "C:\Program Files\Scarlet.Crush Productions\bin\System" folder with the ones from the update archive. [download the latest update archive ScpServer-0.7.0.96-Bth-Update-5.7z - it contains all the additional hardware ids]. Then re-run the installer as per the "Install Update" instructions at the end of Post #301.

Success! My official DS3 controller now works perfectly! Plugged, unplugged and I can also turn it off and on at will and it is detected every time. Well done and thank you Scarlet.Crush!

As a side note; I checked the Hardware ID of my knock off DS3 controller and it's identical to my official DS3. As I said before it works with my PS3 and with Motioninjoy just like a normal DS3. The only difference is it shows up in device manager as "PLAYSTATION®3Conteroller" instead of "PLAYSTATION® 3 Controller". My imitation DS3's have a custom colour scheme to match my arcade cabinet (see here) and I want to be able to use them with it. I think I can physically swap the guts between the official and imitation controllers but if anyone can come up with another solution so I don't have to that would be swell.

The imitation DS3's are flawless in every other way and they are crazy cheap on eBay.
Win 7 64bit | i5 3570K Overclocked to 4.2GHz | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GTX 480 | 17TB storage
@Ashnal: yes, first thing to do is use ScpDriver to uninstall the drivers. I've added an update to Post #301 for USB\VID_0DB0&PID_3801 for you.

There may be multiple entries in the driver store if you ran ScpDriver with different edits of the inf file. Keep the external dongle plugged in, open Device Manager. Delete all "Bluetooth DS3 Device" entries, check the "Delete the driver software for this device" checkbox if it is visible. Click "Action -> Scan for hardware changes". Repeat until you no longer get devices detected as "Bluetooth DS3 Device".

Now run ScpDriver with the updated Bluetooth inf/cat.

@zoomHYPERIONzoom: ok, so now the official DS3 is working, try connecting one of your knock-off controllers. It might work if it implements Bluetooth exactly the same as an official DS3.

Sony changed the Bluetooth software in the PS3s in Firmware 3.50+ to have tighter requirements [to discourage knock offs]. What firmware is your PS3 running?

Cabinet looks amazing btw Smile
(02-18-2013, 11:31 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @zoomHYPERIONzoom: ok, so now the official DS3 is working, try connecting one of your knock-off controllers. It might work if it implements Bluetooth exactly the same as an official DS3.

Sony changed the Bluetooth software in the PS3s in Firmware 3.50+ to have tighter requirements [to discourage knock offs]. What firmware is your PS3 running?

Cabinet looks amazing btw Smile

I retried the imitation DS3 (it's called a Double Shock III) and it still works the same as it did before or should I say, doesn't work. If it's connected via USB on start up it'll work until I unplug it. No BT support.

I'm running Firmware 4.5 on my PS3 and the knock off works perfectly.

Thanks for the cabinet comment. Smile I really want to get the software just right to compliment the cabinet.
Win 7 64bit | i5 3570K Overclocked to 4.2GHz | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GTX 480 | 17TB storage
@zoomHYPERIONzoom: can you run this to get some debug -

1. Plug in your knock-off controller to USB. Disconnect your official DS3.
2. Reboot.
3. Verify in ScpMonitor that Pad 1 is displayed.
4. Unplug the controller.
5. Wait 20secs or so till the LEDs stop flashing.
6. Plug it in to USB again.
7. Wait 20secs.
8. Unplug again.
9. Wait 20secs or so till the LEDs stop flashing.
10. Plug in to USB again.
11. Wait 20secs.
12. Post the ScpService.log as an attachment.
Hello to all.
I don't know what happens with bluetooth module and driver, but in a couple of computer reboots it won't connect a gamepad wirelessly. Host address drops to 00:00:00:00:00:00. The only solution is: uninstall driver -> reboot -> install driver. This problem repeats after 2-3 reboots, and that pairing tool does nothing.
Once again, thank You, Scarlet.Crush for your work. =)
@dead_pixel: can you post the ScpService.log after a reboot that leaves the Host address as 00:00:00:00:00:00.

Instead of Uninstall -> Reboot -> Install, can you stop the SCP DS3 Service in the Service Control Manager [Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services], and then start it again.
Quote:@dead_pixel: can you post the ScpService.log after a reboot that leaves the Host address as 00:00:00:00:00:00.

Right before I posted, did a fresh install of driver. Guess it needs couple of hours to fail again. Every restart with a working driver condition rewrites log. So it's normal for now.

Quote:Instead of Uninstall -> Reboot -> Install, can you stop the SCP DS3 Service in the Service Control Manager [Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services], and then start it again.

Restarting service does nothing. I think this problem related to a Bluetooth driver, 'cause this cycle "stop service -> revert to a manufacturers driver -> install oem*.inf -> restart service" with a restart works well. I'm just a bit lazy to do that manually every time, so I use uninstall-install method Biggrin. Maybe it's a problem with Atheros BT bootrom.