XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Oh, got ya. A few problems still exist, however. ScpMonitor detects the controller on pad1 through USB and increments as normal, but when unplugged because the bluetooth functionality doesn't seem to be working, it says it is reserved. Also, the Host Address in the upper left of the dialog now reads "error" through both USB and attempting bluetooth.

Sponsored links

@Abcdude:

Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, right-click on the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, select Game controller settings.
Click the Properties button, select the Settings tab.

@RenegadeRacer:

1. Shutdown your PC.
2. Unplug your Dongle from USB.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Plug your dongle back in to USB.
5. Start your PC.
(02-05-2014, 05:24 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Abcdude:

Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, right-click on the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, select Game controller settings.
Doing this gives me a drop box with nothing saying Game Controller settings, however, I do get properties. Clicking properties doesn't give me any tab saying properties.

I also have a few other listed controllers in the devices section, Playstation ® 3 Controller and HID-Compliant game controller.
(02-05-2014, 05:24 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @Abcdude:

@RenegadeRacer:

1. Shutdown your PC.
2. Unplug your Dongle from USB.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Plug your dongle back in to USB.
5. Start your PC.

That worked perfectly! The controller is now detected through both bluetooth and USB, FINALLY. ScpMonitor now displays the correct Host Address information as well. I think any problem I had before is now gone and has been resolved. To be sure, I shut down the computer yet again to determine if the controller could still connect through bluetooth the next time I turned it on, as that was my initial problem way back. It in fact did work this time around once I rebooted! I have since moved the dongle to a USB port in the back of my tower and it seems to be working just fine and as intended Biggrin

I really appreciate all the help and suggestions you've generously given to me in getting my problems solved so that I could enjoy the great little program that you have provided. I'm glad you had some time to spare and were willing to help me out, it's nice having a content creator who is willing to go that extra mile Cool It means a lot.

If I ever have any future problems, I'll have to let you know. (Hopefully there won't be...) Thanks a ton Scarlet!
by the way, now by blutooth adaptor worked with force install Wink
Dear Scarlet Crush,

First off many thanks for the effort into this tool I'd like to share with you what happened me and if you could help.

I initially used by DS4 plugged via USB via the inhexster tool. It worked with no problems. However I recently purchased a bluetooth 4.0 adapter with EDR as advertised branded promate. It was detecting as a CSR8510 A10, a cambridge silicon radio chip and I attempted to install drivers to it and despite sometimes detecting the DS4 it would not pair citing errors or taking too long to pair. I decided to shift to your tool.

I have followed the instructions for installing the drivers on dongle and on the ds4 controller and have the following issues/questions.

1. The ds4 currently works with your scpmonitor with full functionality but if I unplug and replug the controller via usb it is lost and I need to reset to detect. Is there anyway via Zandig to roll back to original ds4 drivers? if not thats cool cos its still very functional.

2. what else can i do to get to the bluetooth to pair? the bluetooth dongle hardware ID is USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891 and it was classified as a DS3 BLTH under the device manager. Please let me know what logs or information I should try :/ I'm really happy with the controller and I really do think the dongle should be compatible

Many thanks in advance for your time and patience You Rox!!!
From what I see, apparently my computer is registering the Control Pad on my DS3 as the X and Y axis, and won't detect the right stick at all.

This is the weirdest thing, lol.
(02-05-2014, 04:38 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: @damron17: did you check the version again?

Yes I checked the version of the Xbox controller driver. It didn't change its still the version I forced to it.
Hello Scarlet,

I've been trying to use your program since MotionInJoy keeps giving me BSOD's but I can't seem to get it working properly. I tried removing it and reinstalling it, but it says my controller isn't connected.

Could you help me out?

Thanks in advance
@Samoora: can you do the following -

1. Have your DS4 plugged in to USB.
2. Shutdown your PC.
3. Startup your PC.
4. Run ScpMonitor.
5. Unplug your DS4 from USB.
6. Wait 30 seconds.
7. Plug it back in to USB. [Do you hear the bing-bong Windows Device Arrival Sound?]
8. Zip up your ScpService.log and post as an attachment.

Is your DS4 connected to a front-panel or back-panel USB port?

@Abcdude: sounds like you still have some MotionInJoy driver files installed. Can you do the following.

1. Open Device Manager.
2. On the menu bar - View -> Devices by connection.
3. Expand the Scp Virtual Bus Driver node, and any sub-nodes.
4. Take a screenshot and post as an attachment.

@damron17: Can't think what's going wrong, only thing left to try would be a fresh install of Vista.

@Methyx: can you zip up your ScpService.log and ScpDriver.log and post as an attachment.