XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
Is there a way to fix the random button inputs?
Installing and configuration of this is easy and worked without problems but somehow if I press the left/right stick and move it it results in pressing more buttons than I actually pressed.
It also happens with other buttons but this is happening way more often with the left stick.
I would really like to fix this, I followed the guide, didn't installed Motionjoy and tested this with two different DS3's and on USB and my bluetooth stick (which is a good one and is one of the working ones) and it's not a hardware problem.

I really don't want to switch to Better DS3, it caused trouble (bluescreens) and I really like this way more than that.

I already uninstalled, deleted all remaining files, started win8.1 with disable driver signature and downloaded, patched, moved the folder to the root and installed it again but it still doesn't worked.
I don't know what to do anymore and I appreciate any help!
My pc have the newest updates (including optional ones) installed and is kept clean and good running.
I have two DS3 and a two wireless 360 controller (which are rarely used, we enjoy DS3 better).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Sponsored links

did you try recalibrating the controller in "Game controllers" Yudoken?
Hello! I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere on the thread, but when I first installed the drivers for my DS3 remote, and it wasn't working properly. I followed the suggestion to stop the SCP DS3 Service, uninstall the drivers, and then reinstall them. However, the SCP Drivers wouldn't open at all, and when I checked in my Services, there was no trace of the SCP DS3 Services anywhere. Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: I'm on a 64-bit Windows 8 OS.

Edit: I've tried starting the service via cmd and the net start command, but I get the message, "The service name is invalid".
(03-15-2015, 04:40 AM)shogunreaper Wrote: did you try recalibrating the controller in "Game controllers" Yudoken?

No I didn't but I could try it out.
Could you please try out to move the left sick and press L3?
I would like to know if it's a software problem.
I've been tracking a very strange behaviour of the ScpService.exe program for the past few weeks. I thought I was going crazy when using netstat -anb, until I actually opened up SysInternal's TCPView and Process Monitor and began to witness this in real-time. This is on Windows XP Pro SP3, and SCP DS Driver 1.2.2.175 + a bugfix to ScpControl.dll (see post 2708).

ScpService.exe appears to open up two UDP sockets. The port numbers (I believe) are fully dynamic, and are bound to localhost (so the traffic is not Internet-facing, but that doesn't change the concern). ScpService.exe begins *constantly* sending traffic from one socket to another (in my case right now, UDP port 1026 --> UDP port 26761). When I say constant, I do mean constant: the interval appears to be 0.01 seconds (not a typo), so that's 100 times a second. For example, within a few minutes, I see over 22000 packets totalling over 2MBytes. The payload is always 96 bytes in size.

What exactly is going on here? This almost looks like some form of IPC or very badly implemented SHM, but I just cannot fathom why the process is doing this. This is a joypad driver + emulation layer, I cease to see why this thing is doing *anything* relating to networking.

If you don't believe me, go ahead and download Process Monitor and TCPView and see for yourself.

Edit: I've attached a packet capture of the data itself (you can view it in Wireshark) using RawCap. It's as I said: 100 packets a second, 96 byte payload. Some of the bytes appear to be an arbitrary counter (not sure of the size, maybe 32-bit or 64-bit).

If this is simply some form of IPC, then named pipes should have been used, not UDP transport.

Attached Files
.zip   dumpfile.zip (Size: 30,23 KB / Downloads: 175)
I noticed that too koitsu... but its just sending it to localhost so i didn't really worry about it.
So I got everything working but the L2 and R2 doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's because there's only a max of 10 buttons or something. Anyway to get the back buttons working?
(03-15-2015, 07:53 PM)koitsu Wrote: I've been tracking a very strange behaviour of the ScpService.exe program for the past few weeks. I thought I was going crazy when using netstat -anb, until I actually opened up SysInternal's TCPView and Process Monitor and began to witness this in real-time. This is on Windows XP Pro SP3, and SCP DS Driver 1.2.2.175 + a bugfix to ScpControl.dll (see post 2708).

ScpService.exe appears to open up two UDP sockets. The port numbers (I believe) are fully dynamic, and are bound to localhost (so the traffic is not Internet-facing, but that doesn't change the concern). ScpService.exe begins *constantly* sending traffic from one socket to another (in my case right now, UDP port 1026 --> UDP port 26761). When I say constant, I do mean constant: the interval appears to be 0.01 seconds (not a typo), so that's 100 times a second. For example, within a few minutes, I see over 22000 packets totalling over 2MBytes. The payload is always 96 bytes in size.

What exactly is going on here? This almost looks like some form of IPC or very badly implemented SHM, but I just cannot fathom why the process is doing this. This is a joypad driver + emulation layer, I cease to see why this thing is doing *anything* relating to networking.

If you don't believe me, go ahead and download Process Monitor and TCPView and see for yourself.

Edit: I've attached a packet capture of the data itself (you can view it in Wireshark) using RawCap. It's as I said: 100 packets a second, 96 byte payload. Some of the bytes appear to be an arbitrary counter (not sure of the size, maybe 32-bit or 64-bit).

If this is simply some form of IPC, then named pipes should have been used, not UDP transport.

Somewhere in this threat scarlet crush explained this. It is how the wrapper works: the service receives the data from the controller, and then sends it to the virtual 360 controller via localhost

(03-16-2015, 04:34 PM)Stendon Wrote: So I got everything working but the L2 and R2 doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's because there's only a max of 10 buttons or something. Anyway to get the back buttons working?

L2 and R2 are assigned to Left Trigger and Right Trigger, which in Direct Input both work as the whole Z axis. In Xinput games they will work as buttons/triggers, in DInput they work as axis. If you need then to work as buttons you could use SCP Monitor (right mouse click in the traybar icon>profile manager) to remap the buttons.
Hello everyone.
I do not know English, I use google translate Sad
I have a problem with "SCP drivers". My DS3 controller is detected as # 2. The first LED lights up on the DS3. I am as a player 2 so some games do not work. How to change the port controller?
I need help.
I cannot pair my ds3 wirelessly
Also my Bluetooth icon disappears. Is this normal?
also running on windows 8.1