can i play games? Read* for my spec
(10-28-2011, 10:46 PM)kenneth1800 Wrote: i was searching on ebay for some video cards and i found this one

Axle3D GeForce GT 520 2GB PCI-E DVI VGA HDMI

[Image: Axle3D-GT520-2GB-PCIE-Ebay.jpg]

2GB DDR3 64-bit Video Memory
Microsoft DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1 Support
NVIDIA CUDA Technology with CUDA C/C++
DirectCompute 5.0 and OpenCL Support
NVIDIA PhysX Technology
NVIDIA PureVideo HD Technology
Blu-ray 3D Support
PCI-Express 2.0 Support
300 Watt or greater power supply recommended (Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 18 Amps.)

for 80$ nvidia geforce gt520 ...what you think?

1 year limited manufacturer warranty (brand new)
64-bit for $80? Rolleyes Here are the GPUs that cost under $100. Take your pick... http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...-%20%24100

If you want to buy a "good" GPU then don't go below a GTX 460 1/2GB 256-bit

Sponsored links

ok..now what OS? im a windows xp home edition guy (32bits) but from what i have read (32bits) wont give me my full specs..and i dont think that theres a 64 bits xp home edition..

i hate windows 7 and vista because they need alot of req* like 2gb rams etc...but looks like i will have to use 7 or vista..='(

what you guys think about windows 7 gaming edition (64xbits) i think is a modified windows 7 by a guy named under...something..crow?

(while im getting a good one)
Video: Integrated Intel HD 2000/3000 Graphic Controller, Max. shared Memory 1759MB; Support Pixel Shader 4.1 and DirectX 10.1
There is 64 bit win xp, but it's useless. Vista - useless tooTongue, Windows 7 - finally stable, yet fast OS from microsoft, it doesn't really have high requirements. Even if 64 bit version have 2gb as minimum it's a minimum that will work just fine with games and all of that, 32 bit requires even less - 1gb for normal stuff, through I saw people install it on 512mb and still being faster than XP sp3.

Code:
what you guys think about windows 7 gaming edition (64xbits) i think is a modified windows 7 by a guy named under...something..crow?
I assume it's warez as I never heard about such release;] and I would say it's against the rules of the forum to talk about such stuff. Generally Win 7 Home Premium is what's enough for any "gamer" or other average user. No need for any pro or ultimate stuff as you'll have absolutely no use of those while they're more expensive.
Why do you worry about purchasing Windows? Just use it without a license. After 30 day trial period, it replace your desktop background with a black screen. Then you can continue using it just with a black desktop background.

If I remember correctly it only happens on XP and 7. On Vista, it locks the whole computer after 30 days.
oh ok and my brother has alot of OS (original).. so im not worried about getting 1

well..except the window 7 gaming edition one..and this is what i found about him.(based on 7 ultimate)

* Specially Modded DirectX 11 for Extreme Gaming
* Reduced Gaming crashes
* New High quality icons
* Resolved a Windows 7 Media Center issues
* Supports all future updates and packages
* Resolved some reliability compatibility issues in Windows 7
* More Stable and Reliable
* UAC Disabled
* Show extensions for known file types
* Added User Account 2 on Control Panel
* Low Memory consumption
* Windows will tell you exactly what it is doing when it is shutting down or is booting
* Added command prompt to right click context menu
* Enabled addition Avalon effects
* Disabled Tool Tips
* Enabled Clear Type Tuning
* Added ‘Copy to Folder’ , ‘Move to Folder’ , ‘Open with Notepad’ to right click context
* Disabled Windows Media Player Auto Updates
* Faster browsing with IE
* DEP execution is set to Default
* Disabled the NTFS Last Access Time Stamp
* Enabled slow-motion window effects
* Added “Advanced System Properties” in my Computer
* Added Control Panel to my Computer
* Disabled kernel paging
* Winrar for extraction purpose
* Added Group policy and Registry editor to control panel
* Turned off system beeps
* Take Ownership, Device manager, Group policy, Registry Editor in the right click
* Patched uxtheme files to use 3rd party themes
* Faster Shutdown ( 3 seconds services kill timeout.)
* Fast Booting Time
* Disabled automatic restart in the event of a blue screen
* Tweaked up shell response
* Hibernation is Disabled
* Added “Advanced System Properties” in my Computer
* Added Control Panel to my Computer
* Added Administrative Tools to my Computer
* Added Network Connections to my Computer
* Added Search to my Computer
* Added Printers to my Computer
* Added Run and Windows Flip Switcher to my Computer
* Removed warning about showing hidden system folders
* Maximum simultaneous downloads for IE to 20 ( default is 2 )
* New Explorer View
* Allow renaming and removing of Recycle Bin
* Makes a right click option for unknown files
* Notepad saves window position
* Enabled Word wrap in Notepad
* Enabled Status Bar in all windows
* NVIDIA Drivers Added
* ATI Drivers Added
* New Themes

Programas Opcionales
Multimedia

* CCCP codec pack
* Cole 2k Advanced codec pack
* Vlc Media Player HD 1.0.3

Performance

* Game Booster v.1.3 (Windows 7 Support)

Applications

* Messenger Live
* Daemon Tools Lite v 4.35.5
* 7-zip (x64 December 2009 Release)

Web Browsers

* Mozilla FireFox v 3.5.6
Dude what has any of this have to do with anything you are asking about? You have some communication difficulties...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
im askiing (wish os i should use for gaming,pcsx2,etc...) miseru said that i should use home premium (window 7) because he never heard about windows 7 gaming edition

then livy said why im worried about purchasing an os, i can just install it then use it without purchasing it.(7 or xp) (black background after 30 days)
(trial!)
then i said: that im not worried because my brother has alot of original Cd OS.

then i posted something i found about the window 7 gaming edition on gogle.
(not the exact words of the conversation)

and if you dont understand sorry, im from puerto rico and i know tht sometimes my english is retarded.
It is quite silly, though.

You build a good PC so you don't need to resort to such desperation trying to get things running better. The modded Win7 is just dumb. Most of that is purely customization (which can be done otherwise) and wouldn't effect performance for crap (some would certainly give your system more to do). "Notepad saves window position"? Yeah, it already does, as well as some other options listed (some by default, some are normal options). Not to mention those listed more than once...

Top that off with blatantly obvious lies like "Low memory consumption", "Reduced Gaming crashes", "More stable and compatible" and more! You'll have yourself a genuinely pirated Windows joke.

If you can't tell, I could go on and on about that crap, but it's neither here nor there. The big thing I'd like to point out to you is that you wouldn't want to build a genuinely fast PC, just to throw some moron's hacked-up version of Windows on it.

Home Premium does just fine, and you won't have to risk breaking rules discussing warez. Wink

BTW - What is the make/model of that 512mb GPU your bro gave you?
O_O Roger. then home premium is the one. thx

also im getting the mobo today and maybe my cpu =)!

mobo= out for delivery here in PR
cpu= nothing...never got updated..but is coming from CA and is priority mail like the mobo soo i should get it in 1 or 2 hours..

CANT WAIT!

about the gpu..i dunno.. ill ask him (monday) [girlfriend house till monday]...
Sapphire Radeon HD4550 512MB DDR3 95% sure =D