what do you consider hd
@Devina40
Miseru99 is right there, but there is no doubts that upscale enhances the image a big deal, so let's not do another big deal on the definition of HD Smile in the end it means "original" texture well defined with all fine details, perfections and imperfections it has.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

I actually remembered HD doesn't apply to just recorded frame in the movies either:
Look at Avatar for example;D

Without high res textures and models no HD cinema would even consider running it;p
Yeah, the best thing about subjective definitions is they are are subjective Smile sometimes we forget perfection is not synonymous of good or desirable always.
I respectfully agree to disagree, but whatever.
The thread title is called what "you" consider HD after all.

I don't think it's fair to cite FFX as "Non-HD" though, even in PCSX2.
Some environments look gorgeous, like Luca, Kilika, Macalania Woods.

[attachment=42535]

Meanwhile, the calm lands are a very boring generic blue-sky green-grass with no wildlife or plants or trees or anything.

The problem is, if we go by "your definition", then certain scenes of FFX, for example, are considered HD, while other scenes are non-HD, and it's a little silly to go back and forth.

Hell, even FF13 has its "meh" moments.

[Image: 11-029.jpg]
I sure do like upscaled graphics in emulation, the thing with not calling it Hi Definition couse such thinking allows big corporations which leech all of us to sell millions of copies to loads of less knowledgeable people by just using same upscalling tricks and adding "HD" to it's name.=_=; That totally sucks.
Well, let's just say that take in the plaza at FF XII has a lot of details and is truly above the average PS2 "native" definition (not to confuse with resolution).

PS: A developer may shock the world pushing the hardware "beyond" the known limits, Who did not get amazed by SNES tales of phantasy "high definition" voiced song? better sounds are just expected from newer hardware and hardly will emote me more than the above...

I can still remember the first time I got a Sound Blast Pro (MS-DOS times) to replace the original beeping sounds from the system. These are things that youth is forgetting, btw, never knew and maybe will never know.
Lol, don't let ignorant consumers and word connotation bother you.
Imho, games like Deadly Premonition are still HD, they just feature crappy graphics.
im sorry guys i should have said what do you consider hd on the pcsx2 lol. im having a problem visually seeing any difference between 4x native and 16x AA(for example). i mean i know resolution plays a part. sorry for confusion!

im just trying to grasp this "hd" phrase in pcsx2 there's so many things that are just graphically better than the console itself.(with respect that you have a decent graphics card)
This quote (google translated from a Portuguese source) tells it nicely:
Quote:"So just buy a HDTV to see any pictures in high definition?

No. To achieve maximum resolution, all elements - from the production of the image to display on the TV - should use technology in full HD. Therefore, you must have a TV that can play high definition signal, and set the device, it is necessary that the source of the digital signal also has full resolution, and displayed content has been produced in full HD."

The concept applied referring to images with details richness at the limits of human eyes capacity... a single colored square is well defined does not matter much the actual resolution. As example, a low resolution skin texture looks flat and smooth while a high resolution texture looks rough and porous, that's what makes high definition concept at media presentation.

The fine point is the upscale enhances a great deal the image quality and makes it more adequate to be presented in a full HD monitor, and that's what really matter, but no amount of upscale will turn PS2 image like PS3 image, let alone high texture resolution PC games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkriKpVDO...creen&NR=1

That's what I consider HD Smile