..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Linux - Compile Guide and Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Ok, so can you downgrade all wx package to 2.8.10
To check all package on ubuntu, you can do "dpkg -l | grep -i wx"

Downgraded the packages, built pcsx2 and the it still has no menu =/

I can still access the menu via the F10 key, tough.

Quote:wingnux@wingnux-desktop:~/pcsx2-read-only$ dpkg -l | grep -i wx
ii libwxbase2.8-0 2.8.10.1-0 wxBase library (runtime) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets toolkit
ii libwxbase2.8-dev 2.8.10.1-0 wxBase library (development) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets toolkit
ii libwxgtk2.8-0 2.8.10.1-0 wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ runtime)
ii libwxgtk2.8-dev 2.8.10.1-0 wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ development)
ii wx2.8-headers 2.8.10.1-0 wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (header files)
Can you check with ldd that pcsx2 use the 2.8.10 libary. Few month ago, an ubuntu user have the same issue. Changing the theme and downgrading wx fix the issue.

I do not have any issue on my PC so it hard to fix the issue.
Hello,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit, so I tried to setup chroot 32 bits. After several hours of documentation and package downloading, I finally launched pcsx2.

However when I select zzogl as video plugin and try to launch bios with no disc, I get an error (see attached image).

From what I see (operation not permitted), I suppose there is a step I did not do right when I set up my chroot.

For information I :
- added "export DISPLAY=:0.0" in my chroot user's bashrc (else pcsx2 GUI would not launch)
- installed fglrx and nvidia-cg-toolkit packages.
- use pcsx2-0.9.7-r3881 binaries not compiled from sources.
- have the following result of lspci -vv command in my chroot'ed environment:
Code:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV770 [Radeon HD 4850]
    Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Device e810
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR+ <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 32 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 37
    Region 0: Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    Region 2: Memory at fb9e0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Region 4: I/O ports at b000 [size=256]
    Expansion ROM at fb9c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: <access denied>
and lspci -vv result in my normal system :
Code:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV770 [Radeon HD 4850]
    Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Device e810
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR+ <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 32 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 37
    Region 0: Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    Region 2: Memory at fb9e0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Region 4: I/O ports at b000 [size=256]
    Expansion ROM at fb9c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: <access denied>
    Kernel driver in use: fglrx_pci
    Kernel modules: fglrx, radeon
- could not install xorg-driver-fglrx with reason : E:broken package

Can anyone help me about finding out what I need to do? (or re-do)

PS : I'm far from being an expert at linux so please explain in details if possible.
First thing I notice from the screenshot is that it is claiming you are missing ps2hw.dat. That file should be in the plugins folder. You might want to make sure it is. (If it is, it could also be a rights issue with the file.)

Also, with that message about open_uki failed, make sure that the user you are running it as is in the video group. (And that you log out and back in again after changing your groups, if you have to change them.)
I believe that would be the following command:
sudo useradd -G video subno

(or just follow the instructions at http://linux.about.com/od/ubuntu_doc/a/ubudg24t11.htm to do it without a commandline.)
Yeah, right. I had this error once as well using Ubuntu.
It's a problem where "ps2hw.dat" is not present in the current working dir.
Once you fix that, PCSX2 should work fine.
Thanks for answers.

for ps2hw.dat, it was already in plugins folder so I did :
Code:
chmod 666 ps2hw.dat
There is no longer "Database not found" error.

For video group I did :
Code:
sudo usermod -a -G video subno
However it is even worse because, pcsx2 is killed.
(same output in console but pcsx2 GUI is killed)

I'm going to try reinstalling my graphic drivers. I may have some missing steps since I usually install anything via GUI.

EDIT :
About the ps2hw.dat. In fact it may have only be a problem of relative path. Because when I launch pcsx2 from my home directory, there is the error but it isn't there when I launch pcsx2 from pcsx2 directory.

Also, I confirmed that I am missing a configuration for my graphic card :
Code:
(lucid_32)subno@subno-desktop:~/chrootLucid32/pcsx2-0.9.7-r3881$ fglrxinfo
libGL error: open uki failed (Operation not permitted)
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
OpenGL version string: 1.4 (3.2.9756 Compatibility Profile Context)

EDIT 2 :
Well, I have a temporary fix. I launch pcsx2 as root (!!!) then it is OK. From what I found, it seems that if I add my user to video group (as arcum42 suggested) it should resolve my problem. However I did add my user to video group (in chroot'ed environment) and even checked in file /etc/group, but the problem is still there Sad
To see your current groups permission use the command "groups". Yes ps2hw.dat uses some relatives path. There is no clean & easy solutions.

Here some note on fglrx with a chroot (from the 64 bits wiki).
# ATI/AMD (note library paths depend on distributions)
1. Use the 32bits glxinfo to check that direct rendering is enabled
2. You need to overwrite the libGL.so.* libraries provided by mesa with the 32bits version in fglrx.
3. You must add the 32bits fglrx_dri.so
Honestly, those instructions on wiki aren't very clear to me.

However, I tried to launched pcsx2 again with my user in chroot, and it worked. The only thing that changed is that I rebooted my computer. I thought that exiting chroot then entering it again was like a 'logical' reboot for chroot.
I've compiled the latest svn successfully in slackware 13.1 x86, my game (tekken 5) works well except player #2. I can't get onepad/zeropad to recognize pad #2 buttons. Is this a known issue? thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35