..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Celsius - FFX-2 Save game editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
hypernova - playing from HDD makes no difference. Yes, as per currently equipped dressphere.

psem07 - the special builds were Japanese only offsets, when I updated the main build I added the user option Type (European/Japanese - default European) so that you can specify which offsets to use.

Unerring Path is showing up ok in the last set of saves that you posted. Did you go back to an earlier save?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29791]

From the Exception trace the problem is occurring when trying to load the Icon for the About box. This is an embedded resource, and the code is auto generated by the VCSExpress Form Designer. Does the About box show correctly before loading a save? Could be a low Resource/Memory issue that is causing it. What happens if you press 'Continue' instead of 'Quit'?
(09-06-2011, 07:46 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: [ -> ]Unerring Path is showing ok up in the last set of saves that you posted. Did you go back to an earlier save?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29791]

From the Exception trace the problem is occurring when trying to load the Icon for the About box. This is an embedded resource, and the code is auto generated by the VCSExpress Form Designer. Does the About box show correctly before loading a save? Could be a low Resource/Memory issue that is causing it. What happens if you press 'Continue' instead of 'Quit'?

I went back to the last unedited save - the one where my levels are still at lv 30 instead of lv 99 for purposes of helping out with the test builds. Those saves that I gave you were edited with your test builds and I edited the unerring path to be 'on' (as in become a black diamond instead of a black cross); since I did get the unerring path in Chapter 2. It remains a mystery to me as to why both old and latest versions of Celsius don't reflect this correctly in the garmet grid.

The error message box disappears when I press 'Continue' but still no sign of help interface and content.

When you load the unedited save in FFX-2 is Unerring Path available for use within the game ?

(Full Throttle + Unerring Path are both received from Tromell by talking to him 4 times at the Spring in Macalania Woods in Chapter 1 or 2 - in Post #38 you said you didn't have Full Throttle and had reached Chapter 3, and consequently couldn't have Unerring Path)

I am unable to reproduce the problem with the About box, does it display properly before you load a save game ?
(09-06-2011, 09:56 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: [ -> ]When you load the unedited save in FFX-2 is Unerring Path available for use within the game ?

(Full Throttle + Unerring Path are both received from Tromell by talking to him 4 times at the Spring in Macalania Woods in Chapter 1 or 2 - in Post #38 you said you didn't have Full Throttle and had reached Chapter 3, and consequently couldn't have Unerring Path)

I am unable to reproduce the problem with the About box, does it display properly before you load a save game ?

Before I go on, the Unerring Path garment grid is the only one with 2 nodes right? I got it when I first found Yuna's special dress sphere in Chapter 1 or 2 I think. So yes, Unerring Path is available for use in-game for all unedited saves stored after getting Yuna's.

I didn't know I had to get Full Throttle as a sidequest so I didn't visit Macalania Woods at all.

The same error message pops out before I load any save game.

psem07 - Think I have found the issue with Unerring Path. The US and Japanese versions have 60 Garment Grids, the European version has 64 Garment Grids.

The extra ones in the European version are Circle, Triangle, Maximum and Infinity. From your initial saves Celsius is showing Circle as active, I think in your version this should be Unerring Path.

Quick check to test this, in the editor give yourself 'Infinity GG' then check in-game if 'The End GG' has become available.
(09-07-2011, 08:34 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: [ -> ]psem07 - Think I have found the issue with Unerring Path. The US and Japanese versions have 60 Garment Grids, the European version has 64 Garment Grids.

The extra ones in the European version are Circle, Triangle, Maximum and Infinity. From your initial saves Celsius is showing Circle as active, I think in your version this should be Unerring Path.

Quick check to test this, in the editor give yourself 'Infinity GG' then check in-game if 'The End GG' has become available.

'The End GG' is indeed available (the only one that allows HP limit break right?). So the naming system is different...I wonder if you could add a feature that automatically reflects the Japanese naming system for garment grids when one selects 'Japanese' under PSU User Option?

Off-topic: How did you manage to find out about the differences in garment grids for different releases? Can you give me the links?
psem07 - It looks like they were added as placeholders for the International version (different names, but same configuration - Proceeding On, Vile Fiend, Something Unique and Last Resort).

Check out - http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Garment_Grid

I can adjust the Offsets to take account of the differences, will look like this -

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29805]

Attached a Test build, GG Offsets + About - can you verify that Garment Grids are showing correctly and the About box is displaying.
(09-07-2011, 08:09 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: [ -> ]psem07 - It looks like they were added as placeholders for the International version (different names, but same configuration - Proceeding On, Vile Fiend, Something Unique and Last Resort).

Check out - http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Garment_Grid

Attached a Test build, GG Offsets + About - can you verify that Garment Grids are showing correctly and the About box is displaying.

A few garment grids are not showing correctly (for example, there are some that appear in Celsius but seem to be unavailable in-game). As for the About message box, it popped up smoothly right after starting Celsius. No more error message.

I have attached a save file and its corresponding spreadsheet showing the differences in Garment Grid availability between both in-game and the latest test build.

From the link you gave me, I couldn't figure out accurately the garment grid numbers for US, EU, JPN, etc. It's somehow confusing for me. How did you get those figures?
psem07 - it looks like the Garment Grids are in a somewhat different order, so we are going to have to remap the offsets. Since there are a lot of them it would be rather tedious to this through editing the save in a Memory Card. It would be much quicker to use In-Memory editing.

I have attached a tool to find the base address of the save In-Memory. To use it do the following -
1. Start PCSX2 and load a save game.
2. Open the in-game menu, so you can see how much Gil you have.
3. Pause the game. (Press Escape, or select Pause from the PCSX2 menu)
4. Start the ScanPcsx tool.
5. Click Open and select the PCSX2 executable.
6. Type your Gil amount in to the Gil text box.
7. Click Scan. (this will take a few seconds)
8. If there is more than 1 item in the list - Resume the game, go to a shop and buy (or sell) something. Enter your new Gil amount in to the Gil text box. Repeat Step 7 & 8 until there is only 1 item in the list.
9. Verify that the Exp values displayed are correct.
10. Select the item in the list and then Click Save. (this will store settings for Celsius)
11. Start Celsius.
12. Configure Celsius for In-Memory editing - set Properties->Celsius->PsuIO to 'Yaibal'
13. Click Open and select the PCSX2 executable.
14. Verify that Celsius is displaying the correct values.

Some Screenshots - (with my config, your values will be different)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29822]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=29823]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=29824]

Now we can map the Garment Grids (if everything is successful so far)
1. Equip all characters with 'First Steps' garment grid.
2. Press 'F5' in Celsius (to refresh values from PCSX2 memory).
3. Click 'Clear' on Garment Grids Panel.
4. Double Click on Slot 1 (to give yourself Slot 1 GG)
5. Click 'Save' (or press F6)
6. Check in-game which GG has appeared (close then re-open Garment Grids menu item in-game).
7. Write down Slot No & in-game GG.
8. Repeat Steps 2 - 7 for each Slot in the GG Panel.
9. Post the results.

I couldn't find anywhere that states categorically the differences between all the versions, the link provides the fullest description of GGs I could find.
Split Infinity has a Walkthrough & Dresspheres/Garment Grids Location guide on the GameFaqs FFX-2 page, which detail US Garment Grids. http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/562386-final...y-x-2/faqs
The Experience values are correct, but I didn't save that file. I went on to map the Garment Grid and saved the results in an Excel spreadsheet.

I had the help of this faq http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/562386-final...faqs/22790

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16