..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Celsius - FFX-2 Save game editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
psem07 - excellent work, I've remapped the GG Panel (test build attached)

Screenshot -

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29829]

Can you run through the mapping again, just to make sure there are no cut & paste errors on my part.

Let me know if you would like any of the other panels in Japanese text, we could run through a similar mapping procedure. Also could you post what the Offset & Length are from your Properties->Celsius->PsuUserOption.
Whats the Point of Playing FFX-2 if your going to Cheat?

Pcsx2 needs to stop focusing on Perfect FFX Emulation and better emulate the popular games like Ratchet and Clank/Timesplitters and Red Faction.
@ Memory Card - you only have to look at the pnach thread on these forums to see that there is huge interest in cheats. You may not like/agree with the usefulness of cheats, but you can't deny the demand for them.

This thread (and the editor it pertains to) has nothing to do with the development cycle/focus of PCSX2.

For what it is worth - the top Games/Message Boards in the GameFaqs PS2 section are FFX/FFXII/Persona 4. The games you mentioned do not appear in the Top 10.
Great work, doesn't seem to have any cut and paste errors.

JPEG file showing Offset and Length from Celsius's Properties attached.

Memory Card:

You cheat because you've already done the entire game the right way in the past, and grinding out levels and such just gets boring. Plus, as you age, you have less time to commit to such tedious tasks.

And what Scarlet said on your games...
Scarlet.Crush: Here are the files. I assume a regular .zip file will work? Though I'll grab 7-zip if it's necessary.

Also, I assume the item list is left->right, top->bottom, based on the auto-sort. i.e.:
1 2
3 4
5 6
hypernova - nice one. I've attached a test build for US Offsets + updated ScanPcsx. (Check Post #69 for how to run ScanPcsx).

Your config for In-Memory editing should look something like this - (ScanPcsx will change Offset & Length)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29852]

I set the Garment Grid Offsets to the same order as the Japanese version, can you run through the mapping procedure in Post #69 to verify that this order is correct for your version.

Can you also check that what is displayed in each Panel is the same the as in-game values. Let me know if anything is not correct.

Thankyou for your assistance with this.
I'll give it a shot. I'm playing on my PS2, and will have to download the emu for it so I can use scanpcsx. Might take a few days, up to a week or so.
I've spent the time to check everything tonight. I've notice three inconsistencies:

Repair manuals all show a blue X (instead of black) like the Awesome and Broken Spheres (like I had them at one point and lost them). This may be normal, I don't know.

Percent completion still shows 0. My game shows 45%.

Clasko's greens should show 42 Pahsana. (If I'm understanding correct. Choco-browser shows Yuna with 51 Gysahl and 99 Pahsana, and Clasko has 42 Pahsana. All others are 0 in the Choco-browser, which is right.)

Everything else looked correct. GGs are correct. Inventories look correct (besides the aforementioned manuals). Abilities look good. Levels/stats, publicity, tower sections are good.
hypernova - thanks for putting your time in to this.

Items are color coded in the editor -
Blue -> Locked - the editor will not allow you to change the Quantity value.
Black -> Not Locked, Quantity below maximum - the editor will allow you to change the value.
Green -> Not Locked, Quantity at maximum - the editor will allow you to reduce the value.

Locked values - certain items are locked because there are a lot of dependancies on other flags / progress within the game, allowing these values to be changed could be game-breaking (eg save will fail to load or further progress not possible).

For bit flags (eg Key Items / Garment Grids) an X is displayed for Quantity if you do not have the Item, a Triangle will be displayed if you do have the item. For the Repair Manuals, these are acquired after doing the relevant mini-quest, and cleared after using to repair the boss in Djose Temple by the game. (Awesome Sphere & Sphere Fragment are combined to give Reassembled Sphere as you progress through the game).

For multi value items (eg Items / Accessories) a Blue slot indicates that the Slot is Empty. To place Items in the Slot, select the Slot then select an item from the drop-down list on the panel. This will place 1 of the selected items in the Slot, change the Name text, and change the color to Black. You can then use the Slider to alter the Quantity (or Double-Click the Slot to give 99). If you change the Quantity of a Slot to 99, it will change color to Green.

Percent Completion - this appears to only be calculated by the game when the game is saved, the value is not stored in-memory. Hence, when using the editor for In-Memory editing this value is not available.

Clasko's Store - this was one area which was hard to identify in the saves that you sent, as they appeared to all be zero (and probably should be at those points in the game). Can you try the following -
1. Transfer down to Chocobo Farm.
2. Save at Save Sphere.
3. Open the game in Celsius.
4. Modify the values for Clasko's Store. (5000 Gyshal, 6000 Pahsana, 7000 Mimmet, 8000 Sylkis)
5. Save changes. (Press F6)
6. Open Choco-Browser with Clasko.
7. Refresh Celsius (Press F5)
8. If these are showing different values take a screenshot.
9. Save at Save Sphere (in a new Slot).
10. Post Screenshot + both Saves.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16