..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Good links thanks iviv google turned up nothing but there's a problem that google will search mostly local things and stuff relevant to "you" rather than things you're looking for. There's an entire TED talk about this and they call it the "Google bubble". There's no manufacturers who ship to Australia so I assume that the results for these would have been hidden in the pages 10+ as mostly irrelevant to me.

These are also incredibly niche machines. Interesting to see what 3000 dollars doesn't buy you. But i guess you pay extra for non-standardised motherboards.
Quote:These are also incredibly niche machines. Interesting to see what 3000 dollars doesn't buy you. But i guess you pay extra for non-standardised motherboards.

Yup, I'd never consider spending so much when you could get an equally powerful desktop for a fraction of the price, and then a decent enough laptop with the rest. Because a gaming laptop can't be used on the move anyway, so for 95% of people they would only use the gaming laptop to game at home... in which case just get a PC for cheaper. But this is getting very off topic Tongue2
I just start again, after about 4 years, because never find the solution. Thanks for all.. hope running nicely.. regards...
Well, today I've tried PCSX2 for the first time, and what better game to start with than GT4 ?

I'm playing about 70-90% full speed (45-55 FPS +-).
I believe my main problem for not getting full speed is my CPU.

Here are my full system specs:
CPU - AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 (@3.4 with OC)
RAM - 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz
GPU - Radeon HD6790 1GB
HDD - Samsung F3 1TB

Would I be able to see a "big" improvement in PCSX2, let's say play at full 60FPS by upgrading to a Phenom II X4/X6 ?

In usual PC Games I'm certain the improvement would be noticeable, but I don't know how PCSX2 handles CPUs...any guess ?
(12-07-2011, 01:21 AM)DMariano Wrote: [ -> ]Well, today I've tried PCSX2 for the first time, and what better game to start with than GT4 ?

I'm playing about 70-90% full speed (45-55 FPS +-).
I believe my main problem for not getting full speed is my CPU.

CPU - AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 (@3.4 with OC)
RAM - 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz
GPU - Radeon HD6790 1GB
HDD - Samsung F3 1TB

Would I be able to see a "big" improvement in PCSX2, let's say play at full 60FPS by upgrading to a Phenom II X4/X6 ?

In usual PC Games I'm certain the improvement would be noticeable, but I don't know how PCSX2 handles CPUs...any guess ?
Quote:Score:2 out of 4

Minumum Req. TongueASS
C2D or AMD x2~ at 3.0 Ghz and gddr2 equivalent Video card(Except 64-bit bandwidth video card)
Recommended Req. :FAILED
For i5 or i7 at 3.2Ghz(Except P4,PDC,C2D,C2Q,i3),For AMD x2,x4,x6(Phenom only) at 4.0Ghz and gddr5 equivalent video card
Maximum Req. :FAILED
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth
Priority Req. TongueASS
*If your desktop/laptop's has a C2D,Core-i BUT it's video card is a Intel-GMA,Gxx express chipset,Sandy Bridge's intergrated video card or other built-ined
VGA that takes priority of a failure system requirement.
**If your desktop/laptop's video card is gddr2,gddr3,gddr5 or other best video card BUT it's CPU is a Dual/quad-core less than 2.66Ghz, a
Pentium 3,4 or AMD without X,athlon 64,Turion,Celpron,486,586,Intel-Atom,Intel-Centrino,Intel-Celeron,Intel-Core-Solo,ALL types of Netbook or other single-core
CPU that takes priority of a failure system requirement..

GT4 needs to pass the "Maximum" requirement status
try OC your CPU to 4Ghz...if it's still slow you need the i7 Extreme edition at 5Ghz including that ATi in Super-OC edition and don't upgrade you CPU w/ Phenom x4/x6
Greetings, I've set GT4 to work in full 60 fps with similar PS2 graphics look / PCSX 0.9.8 and the plugins added to it

CPU - Core i7 2.5ghz OCed to 3.7ghz
RAM - 6Gb ram
GPU - Geforce GTX285

I've tested on Laguna Seca B license full drivethrough
The game stutters a bit before starting lights, and then there are just 2 stutters during the race.
Also tested during arcade race with 5 other opponents, still 60 fps.
The only problem the game suffers is shaking screen no matter which interlacing mode you set. bob and blend tff seems to help the most (changable ingame with F5)

The settings:

GsDX 0.1.16 SSE41:

D3D10 Hardware
Bob tff
1024x1024 Custom res (making a lot better looks, setting it higher causes much stutter during the race)
Texture Filtering - Grayed box
nothing else changed

EE/IOP and VUs screen - DEFAULT settings

Speedhacks:

EE Cyclerate - 2
Vu Stealing - 1
All hacks ticked except Enable fast CDVD

And that's all, happy gaming Smile
i got everyting working, no graphical problems and the framerate is 60 in menus and 30 ingame. but there is a massive slowdown in car selection and when playing, its like everything takes twice as long. is my cpu too slow ? specs
Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
2GB 800Mhz
GTX470
30 fps is half the speed of what you should be getting so sounds about right. GT4 needs about 4 Ghz per core to work at good speeds, it's one of the most demanding PS2 games
new version + MTVU speedhack for you my friend, will help a lot. but i would overclock that Q6600 a bit too
well i have all speedhacks maxxed/ticked except fast cdvd, using the latest pcsx2. using the 0.9.6 version the screen went berserk when starting a race
what i meant before was that everything is in slow motion, with speedhacks it takes 3 seconds for the lap timer to go up by 1 second, its unplayable
i will try overclocking and see if it helps, although im on a stock cooler so it probably wont clock very much

well overclocking to 3.0GHz did smooth out the game and it now shows 60fps when driving, but it is still in slow motion.
it now takes ~2 seconds for the lap timer to go up by 1, and there are still slowdowns when there are multiple cars on the screen
without the EE & VU cycles maxxed the sound goes into slow motion also
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38